All reviewspool and hot tubroom was cleansausagestaff was very friendlyone night staycoupontrailerinterstatemissouri
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This is a great hotel for the value. The hotel is older, but the rooms have been updated slightly. The room entrances are also located outside, which is a drawback if you're going to the pool area in the winter. The breakfast is good, and I didn't try the bar out. My only complaint is the small shower in the room, which could use a curved shower rod to make them feel larger.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are constantly trying to update our rooms and are happy that you noticed the difference. We do have interior as well as exterior rooms; we would love for you to try one of the inside comfort suites next time you are in the area. I will personally pass your suggestion regarding the shower curtain rods along to my Property Manager. Thank you so much for your input, and we hope you will come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed there for Valentines Day. I got the package... how thoughtful! Everything was really clean and the staff was great! Don't change the breakfast - it was delicious. I came back for 2nds. Thanks for the good time! We will be coming back next year.

Room Tip: I'm sure anything at this hotel is so wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to constantly improve our Hot Breakfast so it is great to hear feedback such as yours. I will pass your kind words onto my staff. Reviews like yours keep the staff motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Everything went well here. The room was upgraded, which was a blessing. The staff was nice. The bar could use a little better entertainment, which would bring more people. The only issue I had was the roach crawling on the recyclable box. Roaches are the most disgusting bugs, and if they're on the trash there's no telling where else they could be. Luckily there was none in my room, from what I saw.

• Stayed: January 2013
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrades and hope during your next stay with us you will see even more progress. We are constantly looking for new ideas and options for the Lounge, your input is most helpful. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. The management and staff are constantly looking for constructive criticism about the operations of the property. Also, I will share your positive words with the staff, it is comments like yours that keep them going and energized. Thank again for your review.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

The lady that checked us in was very gracious and accommodating. She not only showed us the rooms, she showed us the pool area as well. The room was sooo clean! Even with it being 12 degrees outside it was very warm in the room. The shower was wonderful and the pool was warm. Breakfast was a little skimpy but it is the only thing that I have to complain about. It was not as clean as I would have hoped but everything tasted good. The doors from the other rooms dont close quietly to other rooms. This is not something that I would know how to fix but it is really loud for those in neighboring rooms. When we first arrived at this location we were unsure that we were going to stay. When we were greeted by Audrey. She was so wonderful. When I had to run and get another blanket in the middle of the night she was so kind about it. The same thing when we needed extra towels. She was here all night and still greeted us with a smile when we came down for breakfast. She went above the call of duty.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

I would like to Thank you for your Kind words and Review. We take Pride in our Housekeeping Department and remarks such as yours encourages them to do even better. Thank you for bringing the shortfalls concerning the Breakfast Bar to our attention. We are always making improvements and your input is greatly appreciated. I hope during your next stay with us you will find Breakfast even more to your liking. We were not aware of the issues with the noisy doors,but, I have brought this problem to the attention of our Maintenance staff. Also, I will pass your kind remarks on to Audrey. She tries very hard to accommodate all our guest. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We've stayed here for New Years several time..great value for the room, incuding a bottle of champagne. The entertainment in the lounge is great, and its nice to be able to stay here..enjoy the pool, and an evenings entertainment and not have to drive. Breakfast the next morning is included..so a great deal. We stayed in one of their newly remodeled rooms and it was very nice!!

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room...in the winter you dont have to go outside to access the hotel amenities.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

I would like to take this time to sincerly thank you for taking the time to post a review about your previous stay at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest has truly enjoyed their experience while staying at the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly remodeled delux room that has new pillow top mattresses and flat screen tv/s. Our hotel is still going through much renovations and still has a way to go but already guests such as you are noticing those changes. It is also an honor to know that you chose Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center to be the place to celebrate and bring in 2013.

Thank you again, for taking the time to post a review and for your kind words. I will be sure to pass your review off to my staff here at the hotel. Again, thank you for making Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center your lodging choice to bring in and celebrate 2013!