“Not as presented.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Hebron, Indiana
“Not as presented.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I chose to stay here as it was the half way point in my trip and of the reviews given on it. I actually stayed twice, once going out and then again on my return trip. I was traveling solo with my therapy dog. The room appeared clean but my dog located popcorn under the tv/dresser stand. The bed was very comfortable. Upon my leaving I over looked packing my dogs sleeping pad. When I arrived at my final destination I realized my mistake and called Lamplighter Inn. The person working the desk said that housekeeping had left for the day and to call back early the next day. I called early the next day and explained what had happened and that I would be stopping back there in 3 days. The person in housekeeping said thatthat she would check and call me back. I never received a call.

When I checked back in at Lamplighter 3 days later I inquired as to where my dog bed/pad was and they said that they had no idea. I talked to the manager and he said that he would check and get back to me. Again no call back. After we got into or room for the night I found my dog eating a wad of bubble gum that was stuck on the carpeting.

After retuning home I again called Lamplighter and I explained the situation and asked to be connected to the manager. She said that he was in a meeting and she would leave him a message to return my call. Once again no call.

If you can tolerate a semi clean room you would be comfortable staying here. As for me I'll not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently addressing the concerns you had regarding room cleanliness. We have continued searching extensively for your dog bed, but have had no luck. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Southwest, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a short weekend get-a-way because it has a lounge. The hotel is older but the room that I stayed in had been updated with new linens, drapes, etc. The bathroom was still clearly an older style, however, it was very clean. The king bed was extremely comfortable. I was happy to learn that the lounge stayed open late as I've been to several properties where it closes early (10 or so) or will close if there aren't enough people. The bartender was awesome and very attentive. A full hot breakfast was served (biscuits and gravy, eggs, pastries, cereal, juices, etc.) which was good and because check-out wasn't until noon, I was able to get a quick nap in after breakfast before I left. Considering the price, I think this hotel is a good value and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has rooms that can be entered from outside and some that are inside. I prefer entering a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are still in the process of Remodeling but I'm glad you noticed and were able to enjoy our progress. I will pass your kind words on to our Bartender, comments such as yours keep her motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

This is a great hotel for the value. The hotel is older, but the rooms have been updated slightly. The room entrances are also located outside, which is a drawback if you're going to the pool area in the winter. The breakfast is good, and I didn't try the bar out. My only complaint is the small shower in the room, which could use a curved shower rod to make them feel larger.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are constantly trying to update our rooms and are happy that you noticed the difference. We do have interior as well as exterior rooms; we would love for you to try one of the inside comfort suites next time you are in the area. I will personally pass your suggestion regarding the shower curtain rods along to my Property Manager. Thank you so much for your input, and we hope you will come back to visit us soon!
Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed there for Valentines Day. I got the package... how thoughtful! Everything was really clean and the staff was great! Don't change the breakfast - it was delicious. I came back for 2nds. Thanks for the good time! We will be coming back next year.

Room Tip: I'm sure anything at this hotel is so wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to constantly improve our Hot Breakfast so it is great to hear feedback such as yours. I will pass your kind words onto my staff. Reviews like yours keep the staff motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Everything went well here. The room was upgraded, which was a blessing. The staff was nice. The bar could use a little better entertainment, which would bring more people. The only issue I had was the roach crawling on the recyclable box. Roaches are the most disgusting bugs, and if they're on the trash there's no telling where else they could be. Luckily there was none in my room, from what I saw.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrades and hope during your next stay with us you will see even more progress. We are constantly looking for new ideas and options for the Lounge, your input is most helpful. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. The management and staff are constantly looking for constructive criticism about the operations of the property. Also, I will share your positive words with the staff, it is comments like yours that keep them going and energized. Thank again for your review.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

The lady that checked us in was very gracious and accommodating. She not only showed us the rooms, she showed us the pool area as well. The room was sooo clean! Even with it being 12 degrees outside it was very warm in the room. The shower was wonderful and the pool was warm. Breakfast was a little skimpy but it is the only thing that I have to complain about. It was not as clean as I would have hoped but everything tasted good. The doors from the other rooms dont close quietly to other rooms. This is not something that I would know how to fix but it is really loud for those in neighboring rooms. When we first arrived at this location we were unsure that we were going to stay. When we were greeted by Audrey. She was so wonderful. When I had to run and get another blanket in the middle of the night she was so kind about it. The same thing when we needed extra towels. She was here all night and still greeted us with a smile when we came down for breakfast. She went above the call of duty.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to Thank you for your Kind words and Review. We take Pride in our Housekeeping Department and remarks such as yours encourages them to do even better. Thank you for bringing the shortfalls concerning the Breakfast Bar to our attention. We are always making improvements and your input is greatly appreciated. I hope during your next stay with us you will find Breakfast even more to your liking. We were not aware of the issues with the noisy doors,but, I have brought this problem to the attention of our Maintenance staff. Also, I will pass your kind remarks on to Audrey. She tries very hard to accommodate all our guest. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

We've stayed here for New Years several time..great value for the room, incuding a bottle of champagne. The entertainment in the lounge is great, and its nice to be able to stay here..enjoy the pool, and an evenings entertainment and not have to drive. Breakfast the next morning is included..so a great deal. We stayed in one of their newly remodeled rooms and it was very nice!!

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room...in the winter you dont have to go outside to access the hotel amenities.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
I would like to take this time to sincerly thank you for taking the time to post a review about your previous stay at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest has truly enjoyed their experience while staying at the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly remodeled delux room that has new pillow top mattresses and flat screen tv/s. Our hotel is still going through much renovations and still has a way to go but already guests such as you are noticing those changes. It is also an honor to know that you chose Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center to be the place to celebrate and bring in 2013.

Thank you again, for taking the time to post a review and for your kind words. I will be sure to pass your review off to my staff here at the hotel. Again, thank you for making Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center your lodging choice to bring in and celebrate 2013!