All reviewspool and hot tubroom was cleansausagestaff was very friendlyone night staycoupontrailerinterstatemissouri
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a short weekend get-a-way because it has a lounge. The hotel is older but the room that I stayed in had been updated with new linens, drapes, etc. The bathroom was still clearly an older style, however, it was very clean. The king bed was extremely comfortable. I was happy to learn that the lounge stayed open late as I've been to several properties where it closes early (10 or so) or will close if there aren't enough people. The bartender was awesome and very attentive. A full hot breakfast was served (biscuits and gravy, eggs, pastries, cereal, juices, etc.) which was good and because check-out wasn't until noon, I was able to get a quick nap in after breakfast before I left. Considering the price, I think this hotel is a good value and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has rooms that can be entered from outside and some that are inside. I prefer entering a room from the inside of the hotel, but others may not. I would ask if you can specify which you would like.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are still in the process of Remodeling but I'm glad you noticed and were able to enjoy our progress. I will pass your kind words on to our Bartender, comments such as yours keep her motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This is a great hotel for the value. The hotel is older, but the rooms have been updated slightly. The room entrances are also located outside, which is a drawback if you're going to the pool area in the winter. The breakfast is good, and I didn't try the bar out. My only complaint is the small shower in the room, which could use a curved shower rod to make them feel larger.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are constantly trying to update our rooms and are happy that you noticed the difference. We do have interior as well as exterior rooms; we would love for you to try one of the inside comfort suites next time you are in the area. I will personally pass your suggestion regarding the shower curtain rods along to my Property Manager. Thank you so much for your input, and we hope you will come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed there for Valentines Day. I got the package... how thoughtful! Everything was really clean and the staff was great! Don't change the breakfast - it was delicious. I came back for 2nds. Thanks for the good time! We will be coming back next year.

Room Tip: I'm sure anything at this hotel is so wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to constantly improve our Hot Breakfast so it is great to hear feedback such as yours. I will pass your kind words onto my staff. Reviews like yours keep the staff motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Everything went well here. The room was upgraded, which was a blessing. The staff was nice. The bar could use a little better entertainment, which would bring more people. The only issue I had was the roach crawling on the recyclable box. Roaches are the most disgusting bugs, and if they're on the trash there's no telling where else they could be. Luckily there was none in my room, from what I saw.

• Stayed: January 2013
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrades and hope during your next stay with us you will see even more progress. We are constantly looking for new ideas and options for the Lounge, your input is most helpful. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. The management and staff are constantly looking for constructive criticism about the operations of the property. Also, I will share your positive words with the staff, it is comments like yours that keep them going and energized. Thank again for your review.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

The lady that checked us in was very gracious and accommodating. She not only showed us the rooms, she showed us the pool area as well. The room was sooo clean! Even with it being 12 degrees outside it was very warm in the room. The shower was wonderful and the pool was warm. Breakfast was a little skimpy but it is the only thing that I have to complain about. It was not as clean as I would have hoped but everything tasted good. The doors from the other rooms dont close quietly to other rooms. This is not something that I would know how to fix but it is really loud for those in neighboring rooms. When we first arrived at this location we were unsure that we were going to stay. When we were greeted by Audrey. She was so wonderful. When I had to run and get another blanket in the middle of the night she was so kind about it. The same thing when we needed extra towels. She was here all night and still greeted us with a smile when we came down for breakfast. She went above the call of duty.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

I would like to Thank you for your Kind words and Review. We take Pride in our Housekeeping Department and remarks such as yours encourages them to do even better. Thank you for bringing the shortfalls concerning the Breakfast Bar to our attention. We are always making improvements and your input is greatly appreciated. I hope during your next stay with us you will find Breakfast even more to your liking. We were not aware of the issues with the noisy doors,but, I have brought this problem to the attention of our Maintenance staff. Also, I will pass your kind remarks on to Audrey. She tries very hard to accommodate all our guest. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.