All reviewspool and hot tubroom was cleansausagestaff was very friendlyone night staycoupontrailerinterstatemissouri
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I chose to stay here as it was the half way point in my trip and of the reviews given on it. I actually stayed twice, once going out and then again on my return trip. I was traveling solo with my therapy dog. The room appeared clean but my dog located popcorn under the tv/dresser stand. The bed was very comfortable. Upon my leaving I over looked packing my dogs sleeping pad. When I arrived at my final destination I realized my mistake and called Lamplighter Inn. The person working the desk said that housekeeping had left for the day and to call back early the next day. I called early the next day and explained what had happened and that I would be stopping back there in 3 days. The person in housekeeping said thatthat she would check and call me back. I never received a call.

When I checked back in at Lamplighter 3 days later I inquired as to where my dog bed/pad was and they said that they had no idea. I talked to the manager and he said that he would check and get back to me. Again no call back. After we got into or room for the night I found my dog eating a wad of bubble gum that was stuck on the carpeting.

After retuning home I again called Lamplighter and I explained the situation and asked to be connected to the manager. She said that he was in a meeting and she would leave him a message to return my call. Once again no call.

If you can tolerate a semi clean room you would be comfortable staying here. As for me I'll not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently addressing the concerns you had regarding room cleanliness. We have continued searching extensively for your dog bed, but have had no luck. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a short weekend get-a-way because it has a lounge. The hotel is older but the room that I stayed in had been updated with new linens, drapes, etc. The bathroom was still clearly an older style, however, it was very clean. The king bed was extremely comfortable. I was happy to learn that the lounge stayed open late as I've been to several properties where it closes early (10 or so) or will close if there aren't enough people. The bartender was awesome and very attentive. A full hot breakfast was served (biscuits and gravy, eggs, pastries, cereal, juices, etc.) which was good and because check-out wasn't until noon, I was able to get a quick nap in after breakfast before I left. Considering the price, I think this hotel is a good value and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has rooms that can be entered from outside and some that are inside. I prefer entering a room from the inside of the hotel, but others may not. I would ask if you can specify which you would like.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are still in the process of Remodeling but I'm glad you noticed and were able to enjoy our progress. I will pass your kind words on to our Bartender, comments such as yours keep her motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This is a great hotel for the value. The hotel is older, but the rooms have been updated slightly. The room entrances are also located outside, which is a drawback if you're going to the pool area in the winter. The breakfast is good, and I didn't try the bar out. My only complaint is the small shower in the room, which could use a curved shower rod to make them feel larger.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are constantly trying to update our rooms and are happy that you noticed the difference. We do have interior as well as exterior rooms; we would love for you to try one of the inside comfort suites next time you are in the area. I will personally pass your suggestion regarding the shower curtain rods along to my Property Manager. Thank you so much for your input, and we hope you will come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed there for Valentines Day. I got the package... how thoughtful! Everything was really clean and the staff was great! Don't change the breakfast - it was delicious. I came back for 2nds. Thanks for the good time! We will be coming back next year.

Room Tip: I'm sure anything at this hotel is so wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to constantly improve our Hot Breakfast so it is great to hear feedback such as yours. I will pass your kind words onto my staff. Reviews like yours keep the staff motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Everything went well here. The room was upgraded, which was a blessing. The staff was nice. The bar could use a little better entertainment, which would bring more people. The only issue I had was the roach crawling on the recyclable box. Roaches are the most disgusting bugs, and if they're on the trash there's no telling where else they could be. Luckily there was none in my room, from what I saw.

• Stayed: January 2013
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrades and hope during your next stay with us you will see even more progress. We are constantly looking for new ideas and options for the Lounge, your input is most helpful. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. The management and staff are constantly looking for constructive criticism about the operations of the property. Also, I will share your positive words with the staff, it is comments like yours that keep them going and energized. Thank again for your review.