All reviewspool and hot tubroom was cleansausagestaff was very friendlyone night staycoupontrailerinterstatemissouri
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Brought my 15 year old son here during spring break, room was very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. The hot tub and salt water pool were just what we needed....a nice get away, close to Branson!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Wes H, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I am most happy to hear that your had a very enjoyable stay. I have forwarded your kind words to the staff, who are truly responsible for your enjoyable stay and they were all thrilled. Our entire reason for being here is to make everyone's stay a memorable experience. Do come see us again and again thank your for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We booked a room for two nights at this hotel and upon check-in did not receive any information on hotel accommodations. The room was unkept and very dark (for a reason). Smell of mildew and mold in the bathroom and evidence of bugs on the bed. If you have any children please do not let them stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments concerning your hotel accommodations. I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope you give us another try to prove to you that we are constantly improving. Yes we are not new, yes we are upgrading is multiple areas, and yes we are not totally done. However, everyone should receive and expect to receive a clean and trouble free hotel room. Your comment concerning mildew concerned me because we do not receive these type of comments, so I explored with both the housekeeping and maintenance staff this issue and we discussed methods and actions on correcting the problems you encountered. Again thank you for letting me know. We will improve with your help.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We booked two rooms so I was able to look at two rooms on the same visit. Over all the hotel was okay. The beds were comfy. Nice furniture and flat screen tv. There was a small fridge and microwave in the rooms. As I was laying in bed, I looked over at the floor under and behind the chair by the bed and saw a toe nail and a cotton all attached to medical tape.....used. This Madame check the other room....trash and other junk along the walls. Using a vacuum hose would of taken care of this. The shower head in both rooms were not made for people who are 5'9 or taller. Sticky residue on floor right by the door. In the other room, the tub and sink wouldn't drain correctly. Not sure if we will return there or not and in the next few years we will be making a lot of trips to Springfield.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments concerning the conditions at our hotel. As you mentioned we are trying to upgrade by providing comfortable beds and upgraded electronics like flat screen TV's and fast WIFI internet service. We also having been trying to improve our housekeeping efforts but obviously we fell short of expectations. I personally reviewed your comments with our housekeeping staff and they also were disturbed and disapointed. Believe me we do not purposely miss housekeeping problems but unfortunately we did this time. Comments such as your help us to improve our quality so thank you again for showing us our shortcomings. We can't fix things if we do not know about them. I do hope you try us again so we can prove to you that we are continually trying to improve. Your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I chose to stay here as it was the half way point in my trip and of the reviews given on it. I actually stayed twice, once going out and then again on my return trip. I was traveling solo with my therapy dog. The room appeared clean but my dog located popcorn under the tv/dresser stand. The bed was very comfortable. Upon my leaving I over looked packing my dogs sleeping pad. When I arrived at my final destination I realized my mistake and called Lamplighter Inn. The person working the desk said that housekeeping had left for the day and to call back early the next day. I called early the next day and explained what had happened and that I would be stopping back there in 3 days. The person in housekeeping said thatthat she would check and call me back. I never received a call.

When I checked back in at Lamplighter 3 days later I inquired as to where my dog bed/pad was and they said that they had no idea. I talked to the manager and he said that he would check and get back to me. Again no call back. After we got into or room for the night I found my dog eating a wad of bubble gum that was stuck on the carpeting.

After retuning home I again called Lamplighter and I explained the situation and asked to be connected to the manager. She said that he was in a meeting and she would leave him a message to return my call. Once again no call.

If you can tolerate a semi clean room you would be comfortable staying here. As for me I'll not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently addressing the concerns you had regarding room cleanliness. We have continued searching extensively for your dog bed, but have had no luck. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a short weekend get-a-way because it has a lounge. The hotel is older but the room that I stayed in had been updated with new linens, drapes, etc. The bathroom was still clearly an older style, however, it was very clean. The king bed was extremely comfortable. I was happy to learn that the lounge stayed open late as I've been to several properties where it closes early (10 or so) or will close if there aren't enough people. The bartender was awesome and very attentive. A full hot breakfast was served (biscuits and gravy, eggs, pastries, cereal, juices, etc.) which was good and because check-out wasn't until noon, I was able to get a quick nap in after breakfast before I left. Considering the price, I think this hotel is a good value and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has rooms that can be entered from outside and some that are inside. I prefer entering a room from the inside of the hotel, but others may not. I would ask if you can specify which you would like.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are still in the process of Remodeling but I'm glad you noticed and were able to enjoy our progress. I will pass your kind words on to our Bartender, comments such as yours keep her motivated. We look forward to your next stay with us.