“Great stay”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Had a great stay, very nice heated pool and spa, room was great, minus the fact that the 200-219 rooms internet kept going down, the night manager had to fix it a couple times and then got up in the AM and no internet again. There are 2 restaurants in the same parking lot ( steak n shake and cracker barrel) we ate at the cracker barrel and it was good. They hav lots of parking in the rear if you are towing a trailer. Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good (waffles, cold cereal, biscuits and sausage gravy and fresh fruit, OJ, Milk, Tea and Coffeee). will stay again if we come thru town again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Wes H, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are constantly trying to improve our property and our customer service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast. We know that morning time is important and it makes your day go better when things start out in a positive way. Usually we have little trouble with our WIFI because we are offering the highest speeds our local cable company provides. However, during your stay we had a very high usage rate with our customer count. Please accept my apology for your internet troubles. Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Springfield.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were in the middle of a long drive and decided to stop late in the evening. I found a great "web only" rate online but called the hotel directly to ask if pets were welcome. I was happy to hear that they were. The agent, John, told me I didn't need to go back online to book that rate because he would certainly extend that rate and book the room for me.

I was satisfied with the accomodations. I was VERY please with John's guest service!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We are all trying harder to improve our overall property and especially our customer service efforts. I have forwarded your remarks to John and he was thrilled to hear that his extra efforts were appreciated. Thanks again for your kind remarks and do come back and see us.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Booked 4 rooms in June 2012 for May 2013. Asked for non-smoke - as close together as possible. Reality - we were spread all over and 1 room was smoking! They didn't honor the rate I was given when I reserved them, their excuse was.."that guy isn't with us anymore".

In 2 of the rooms the shower kept changing from super hot to cold on it's own. Not fun. Evidence of bugs. Housekeeping is a joke. In a 2 queen bed room, she made ONE bed, left 2 towels, 1 wash cloth, Another of our rooms was left only 1 clean towel and had 2 adults and 1 child in there.

Kleenex dispenser was empty, didn't change/add fresh toilet paper or get rid of the dead bug on top of toilet tank. All showers could have used a good cleaning. Little bits of trash along floor edges, could have used vacuum hose for this. No evidence they even vacuumed at all. They did however, leave fresh coffee and cup packets when we returned Saturday evening.

A pillow had fallen on floor before we left for the day and was still on floor when we returned. In one room, sunglasses were STOLEN. The desk people just said..."housekeeping doesn't come in til 8". Ok.... and!!! Nothing was done.

There was 1 flat screen t.v. in 1 room and the rest had outdated big clunky ones. One room had comforters on beds and the other three had none.

Breakfast on Saturday was pretty good. On Sunday morning however, they only had one poor gal trying to keep up and she was failing miserably. No coffee, ran out of food, etc.

When checking out they never asked if we enjoyed our stay or wanted to book again for next year. (We were there for annual NSRA street rods). They were rude and obviously didn't care if we returned or not. Won't be back at this place, that's for sure. Am passing the word to all our fellow NSRA rodders - keep clear of here!

Room Tip: You can try to request whatever you want... but at this place.. don't hold your breath. There...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Wes H, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you for your honesty in your remarks. It appears we totally missed our goal of guest satisfaction during your most recent stay and for that I do appologize. We are not in the business to upset any of our guest. A possible reason for the mixup in your reservations for a year ago is we had to totally replace the check in system last fall due to a total computer failure. We then had to reinput manually all our reservations and honestly some were input incorrectly. As you are aware the hotel was totally full those days you were here so we tried our best accommodate everyone as best we could, again I am sorry we missed our mark for your group. From most of our verbal feedback from guest they were happy with their accommodations. I've also brought you housekeeping concerns up to my executive housekeeper and so we are constantly trying to improve that department of the hotel. You comments are very helpful to show us where we made mistakes. The TV's in our rooms are slowly being replaced by the ownership. As you mentioned one of the rooms did have a late model flat screen TV. Others are scheduled in the future to be replaced. We really appreaciated your business and feel bad that you did not have a good experience and I do hope you will consider us again so we can show you where we have improved. Thank You.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Brought my 15 year old son here during spring break, room was very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. The hot tub and salt water pool were just what we needed....a nice get away, close to Branson!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Wes H, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I am most happy to hear that your had a very enjoyable stay. I have forwarded your kind words to the staff, who are truly responsible for your enjoyable stay and they were all thrilled. Our entire reason for being here is to make everyone's stay a memorable experience. Do come see us again and again thank your for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We booked a room for two nights at this hotel and upon check-in did not receive any information on hotel accommodations. The room was unkept and very dark (for a reason). Smell of mildew and mold in the bathroom and evidence of bugs on the bed. If you have any children please do not let them stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments concerning your hotel accommodations. I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope you give us another try to prove to you that we are constantly improving. Yes we are not new, yes we are upgrading is multiple areas, and yes we are not totally done. However, everyone should receive and expect to receive a clean and trouble free hotel room. Your comment concerning mildew concerned me because we do not receive these type of comments, so I explored with both the housekeeping and maintenance staff this issue and we discussed methods and actions on correcting the problems you encountered. Again thank you for letting me know. We will improve with your help.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We booked two rooms so I was able to look at two rooms on the same visit. Over all the hotel was okay. The beds were comfy. Nice furniture and flat screen tv. There was a small fridge and microwave in the rooms. As I was laying in bed, I looked over at the floor under and behind the chair by the bed and saw a toe nail and a cotton all attached to medical tape.....used. This Madame check the other room....trash and other junk along the walls. Using a vacuum hose would of taken care of this. The shower head in both rooms were not made for people who are 5'9 or taller. Sticky residue on floor right by the door. In the other room, the tub and sink wouldn't drain correctly. Not sure if we will return there or not and in the next few years we will be making a lot of trips to Springfield.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments concerning the conditions at our hotel. As you mentioned we are trying to upgrade by providing comfortable beds and upgraded electronics like flat screen TV's and fast WIFI internet service. We also having been trying to improve our housekeeping efforts but obviously we fell short of expectations. I personally reviewed your comments with our housekeeping staff and they also were disturbed and disapointed. Believe me we do not purposely miss housekeeping problems but unfortunately we did this time. Comments such as your help us to improve our quality so thank you again for showing us our shortcomings. We can't fix things if we do not know about them. I do hope you try us again so we can prove to you that we are continually trying to improve. Your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I chose to stay here as it was the half way point in my trip and of the reviews given on it. I actually stayed twice, once going out and then again on my return trip. I was traveling solo with my therapy dog. The room appeared clean but my dog located popcorn under the tv/dresser stand. The bed was very comfortable. Upon my leaving I over looked packing my dogs sleeping pad. When I arrived at my final destination I realized my mistake and called Lamplighter Inn. The person working the desk said that housekeeping had left for the day and to call back early the next day. I called early the next day and explained what had happened and that I would be stopping back there in 3 days. The person in housekeeping said thatthat she would check and call me back. I never received a call.

When I checked back in at Lamplighter 3 days later I inquired as to where my dog bed/pad was and they said that they had no idea. I talked to the manager and he said that he would check and get back to me. Again no call back. After we got into or room for the night I found my dog eating a wad of bubble gum that was stuck on the carpeting.

After retuning home I again called Lamplighter and I explained the situation and asked to be connected to the manager. She said that he was in a meeting and she would leave him a message to return my call. Once again no call.

If you can tolerate a semi clean room you would be comfortable staying here. As for me I'll not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently addressing the concerns you had regarding room cleanliness. We have continued searching extensively for your dog bed, but have had no luck. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.