“The Best”

Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Red Oak, Iowa
“The Best”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here 3 nights with about 20 other people and had not one problem. we have went down there for the last five years and been in different hotels. we have found the one from now on we are staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Ashley W, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your response! I am pleased to here you didn't experience one issue and enjoyed your stay! Please come back and visit Lamplighter Inn & Suites North again, we will be pleased to accommodate you and your Group!

Ashley Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kansas City,
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Staff was outstanding. Food was great and they treated us very well for being the Red Oak Bowlers. . All around great place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone stay in Springfield Missouri. And the places to eat around hotel. Staek and shake was great. Little Tokyo is also a wonderful place to eat.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am passing along your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts! We are happy to have had Red Oak Bowlers stay with us at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North and look forward to your next stay with us!

Have a lovely day!

Property Manager
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights since we were participating in an event there (postcard show). The front part of the hotel is very nice. The exterior of the rear building with the rooms needs a lot of maintenance.

The rooms were dated with some having outside balcony entrances and some with interior hallways. Our room looked like it was recently updated. The hotel was not very quiet. You could hear doors slamming up & and down the hallway all evening, and could hear talking in the room next to us.

We opened up the window and the ledge was filthy. There were no wash cloths. The shower was difficult to get the temperature right and one of the knobs had a hole with a piece of tile missing. The bathroom door was unique since it had a piece chiseled out so you could open it up and just barely keep from hitting the toilet seat. Really!!

After our first night, we had trouble getting our room cleaned. After checking a few times in the afternoon, my wife went to the desk about 3:30. She was told by the guy that the rooms around us were just cleaned and that ours was next. Went back at 4:15 and the room had still not been cleaned and that the cleaning cart was now gone from the floor. The desk person was quite busy and she would check in 15 minutes and told us to come back. We discussed our treatment and decided to leave and find another hotel at 5:00. The staff could have cared less. After we moved out and returned the keys, our bill crediting the 2nd night was waiting for us. They did not even try to keep us.

Must be nice to be in a position to not care about customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ashley W, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We appreciate any and all suggestions in ways we can improve. I apologize that your stay was not as exceptional as we would have hoped to provide for you.
In reference to the maintenance on the exterior of our property, we have passed this information along to our Chief of Maintenance and will address this as soon as we can.
In regards to the room location and quietness of your room, we apologize that we could not have placed you in a more quiet location. We do try to accommodate all of our guests whether they are loud or quiet, so please contact us at any time if other guests are a disturbance to you and we will be happy to address the situation.
I am also sorry to hear that the general cleanliness of your room was not as exceptional as we would have liked to offer. I have addressed the washcloth and window sill issues with our Executive Housekeeper and have fixed this already, and again we appreciate your comments to help us succeed.
I would also like to apologize for the miscommunication between the Front Office. We apologize you feel that we did not care about your room being cleaned in a timely manner. We strive for excellence and this is yet another example of how we can improve. We did offer to have the room cleaned immediately and offered a full refund for that night to appease you. I would also like to offer you a complimentary night on us for the troubles you had experienced, and would love a second chance to prove to you how sincere we truly are in our guest service. Please contact me at the email below or please feel free to call me.

Have a lovely day and thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business.

ashley@lamplighterhotels.com
(417) 869-3900

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Grain Valley, Missouri
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here only because I had a state issued exam being held at the location. Had to travel so decided to stay on site for convenience. Checked in , they said they had me down for the night prior but could work it out. Explained I would not have booked the night prior only since in town for specific exam date held at their location that I had also mentioned when I booked.. Long story short.. Not a nice hotel but it was fine for the night so when they called 5 min after I checked in to check on me(which was odd) geez, can I have a second? Long story short... NEXT DAY DRIVING HOME THEY CALLED TO ASK WHY I STOLE THE TV FROM MY ROOM???!!! Not kidding. I am a middle aged woman who was there with my 70 year old mother in tow. When I was shocked by the question she kept insisting on why I said things were ok when they called 5 min after I checked in. Maybe because I just had barely crested the door and hadn't noticed my room had no tv. Did notice it later that night but just figured out on repair or something and didn't complain since just their for the exam to study and sleep anyway. They continued to drive it in why I said it was fine when they checked in on me. It's so surreal I've actually had quite a hearty laugh over the ordeal at this point! Regardless I smell an inside job and think I would look at my staff before harassing guests. And no, I would never stay there again. Still pending "if they are gonna have to charge me for the TV". Go ahead. I dare you. Once I'm done laughing at the idea of my senior citizen mother and I jackin a TV out of a hotel room between me taking my exam, having some Cracker Barrel and a little sleep...then I will contact my attorney.

• Stayed February 2014
Ashley W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
We accept your explanation that when the guest service agent called to see if the room was ok you hadn’t noticed the TV was missing. I am truly sorry that you felt we accused you of taking a flat screen TV. Our goal is to trust every guest as our family and we regret your experience. We truly value our cosmetology exam guests.

Property Manager
Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
Corinth, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed two nights while in Springfield. The breakfast was nice and a good assortment. The rooms were clean and looked newly remodeled. I was very happy that the washer/dryer was free to use. Was not expecting that!! We would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather S
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because my parents had stayed here before. They said that it was nothing special but clean. They were right it was definately nothing special. The area outside the door looked dirty. Lots of trash had blown up around the door. Opened the door & immediately was hit with a rather unpleasant oder. There were some type of deoderizor sheets attached to the blower on the heater. The carpet looked dirty but had been swept. Overall the room looked clean but rather outdated. Even though the price was not bad it still wasn't worth the price paid. We wont be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013
Chino Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was travelling alone and had a vehicle break-down. I had to stay the night in Springfield. The staff at the Lamplighter was accommodating, I got a discount due to being there from breaking down. The room was clean and comfortable, and there was a pretty decent restaurant/bar attached to the hotel. I wasn't happy to be stranded but it was the best place it could have happened, as a female travelling alone I felt very safe- I found everyone in Missouri to be exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo