Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge I-44(Springfield)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleansausagebreakfast bargreat place to staystaff was very friendlyone night staywould stay againgreat pricecoupontrailerinterstatemomissouri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I had no real intentions to stay but once I saw on the digital marquee that The Lamplighter had free Wi-Fi and AAA discounts I pulled in to check it out. It only was $10 more than I intended to spend and for the location and Wi-Fi (which ended up being only in the lobby) it was well spent. Clean, comfortable rooms. No sound issues, great shower, decent bed, nice T.V. The complimentary breakfast was nothing but sweet gluten. I had antipated at least fruit if not eggs and bacon and was sorely dissapointed. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub. I would suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
lampinn, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2010

This response was made back in 2008 and I wanted to update any future guests on our property improvements! We now have a deluxe Hot Breakfast which includes waffels, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, breads, cinnamon rolls, and cereals! Our Pool and Hot Tub are now our Indoor Salt Water Pool and Hot Tub! We hope you and future guests will stop by and see our improvements.

Charlotte Henson
Property Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2008

Very nice, clean room and bathroom. There was a microwave and refrigerator in each room which is definitely a plus. Beds were comfortable. There was a table, 2 chairs and a desk. Also, had a coffee maker and hair dryer. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was very nice. Would very definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alamojo
Reviewed 22 August 2007

We stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and had a nice clean room. In the last 4 years, things have really gone down hill. We booked two rooms next to each other, both with two double beds. The staff was very friendly. Our rooms were dirty, there was trash between the bed and wall. The sinks had hair in them. The coffee maker was broken in one room and neither room had more than two towels. Sunday morning we got up early for the free breakfast. We noticed many fruit flies in the donut bin, and decided to have cereal. However, once we tasted it we realized the milk was room temperature.
At checkout we complained to the manager who was nice, and agreed that the hotel needed a lot of work. What an odd thing for a manager to say. He said he would pass on the info but in the past, nothing had been done about it.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2007

The hotel is conveniently located, competitively priced, and offered a clean, comfortable room. But before you check in, you should know that you'll be required to sign a blanket waiver releasing the hotel from any and all liability for anything that might happen while you're there -- including harm due to their own negligence. Our stay was uneventful but I'm not sure I'd go back -- I'd rather stay with a hotel where they're anticipating harming me through negligence!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MinnesotaDT
Reviewed 2 July 2006

We were on our way home and wanted a place to sleep.
This hotel is still riding on the tails of an award it won in 200 and has obviously let itself go since then
The staff was friendly and it was 50 bucks so we can't complain too much but the hallway carpeting and the mattresses need to be rplaced. Clean room for the most part but creepy overall. Avoid the 24 hour restaurant...the food is awful and the waitresses do not seem to like each other and are perfectly happy to share that with anyone who will listen.

2  Thank luvlarry