“Business overnight”

Hampton Inn Springfield South
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Not familiar with the area, but the hotel was very easy to find, in a good location. The staff were courteous and friendly, no problems at all. I had a single bed, clean and comfortable bed. The hotel was quiet although it seemed it was decently full. There is a TGIFriday's in the same parking lot, which was convenient for a late snack and drink. The breakfast included do-it-yourself waffles, biscuits, omelets, sausage, cereals, hot oatmeal, etc. Typical breakfast which is always appreciated, especially on business trips.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel is very clean. The thought of a fresh duvet for every customer definitely is a plus for me. It was quiet, and the room was nice and clean. I had asked for extra pillows in advance and they were there. Didn't even have to ask twice! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Location...location...location. Easy access to a variety of restaurants, shopping, HW 65, etc. We arrived late to check-in. We were not greeted as HHonors members as we usually are. No big deal. We were just asked to place a cc on file and then given the keys to the room. That's what we wanted anyway...we were tired. The room is an older style from other Hampton's we have stayed at, but was clean. Toilet ran after being flushed, but a little fix on the chain and it was good. Our only complaint was the a.c. My daughter and I suffer from allergies and we could tell the filters on the a.c. needed to be changed. But a Benadryl was all it took. The place is showing age and we had few minor issues. But being in a great location is a huge plus.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Daniel S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I will check into the things you mentioned as well. We hope you stay with us again in the future and appreciate your Hilton loyalty.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed at this property on June 15,2013. When we checked in the girl working wasn't overly friendly so to speak. She didn't acknowledge me being a Hilton Honors member like usual & was just lacking personality. We stayed in a dbl bed room. The mattresses were very uncomfortable. Just not up to par. We have stayed in many Hampton hotels and this is our choice of chains to stay which is why we were so surprised by the lack of service & comfort. I enjoy having hot tea and that Hamptons have the hot water/coffee available in the breakfast room. We came in around 9:45 and there wasn't any hot water or coffee anything. There were a lot of people in the room watching the tv and one of the people there said they were out & had been for awhile & staff hadn't made more. So I tried to resort to using the coffee maker in room just to make hot water but this didn't work due to it made coffee flavored water. YUCK..thought I would try but oh well. We are used to big fluffy towels in the bathroom didn't have those either. Just wasn't the Hampton experience we are accustomed to. Wouldn't recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Daniel S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Would highly recommend this property. Close to interstate and many restaurant's within walking distance. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable and pricepoint was very reasonable for summer travel.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Lack of amenities that I have grown accustomed to when staying at other Hilton branded hotels is my reason for not liking this particular location. I have had dial up internet that moved faster and was told that it has always been that slow and nothing could be done about it. The beds seem to be pretty old and uncomfortable. I was told that this location was slated for remodeling so possibly that will be corrected soon. No microwave or fridge in any room which is pretty much standard for the prices that were being charged.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Daniel S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Excellent staff made for a speedy check in after a very long drive. Offered ice cream and I thought that was a novel idea!!! The room and free internet were great for the price. Slept very well after the party next door quieted down. The breakfast lady is wonderful and made morning time a pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business