“Terrific hotel, and great location!”

Hampton Inn Springfield South
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here both coming and going from Vegas on our cross-country vacation. This is a relatively new property in Springfield, and it is fantastic! The rooms are huge! One our way back home, we stayed for new nights and requested a rollaway bed - we were given a HUGE room and in addition to the two double beds and the rollaway, we could have fit three more rollaways in the room! There are two sinks...one in the bathroom and one out, which makes it nice for a large family when getting ready! The breakfast buffet includes hot proteins, which is always nice. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable. And guests get a free treat upon check-in! I just can't say enough good things about this place. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The hotel room was very clean and nice. They have a nice breakfast in the morning with a very nice lady who is managing the breakfast items. The hotel's location is close to Battlefield Mall and a large strip mall with nice shops. It is also very close to many great restaurants. The staff in the evening seems a bit more interested in their personal phones than being attentive to guests comings and goings.

I was also not asked whether I needed any assistance with my luggage and hauled it all upstairs myself.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This Hampton was in a great location, was clean and staff was very friendly. Shopping centers and a large mall all within a very short distance on the main road. Note: A great Farmers Market on Saturday morning was just down the street in the Mall parking lot, I believe this is also held on Tuesday & Thursday too. Outside pool was nice change compared to the usual indoor pools. Fitness center had nice equipment and was clean. Breakfast had a nice variety for anyone in the family, was hot, fresh and tasty.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn that is close to Battlefield Mall. The property is little tired and the rooms are ready for an updating. But the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and linens were new. Of course, wifi was free, which is always a major point for those of us who travel on business. I might have given this an average rating, simply because the rooms are a little tired, but the staff was very friendly and check in was prompt and efficient. The price was also very competitive with other hotels in the area. Even though this is on a major street and easily visible from the road, the GPS can take you on a bit of a tour getting here as it deals with no left turns, etc. Just have faith and follow the directions! I have family that just moved to the area so we will be visiting often and will not hesitate to return to this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Hampton chain is a nice hotel chain. The rewards stay rooms tend to be lesser quality and location than rooms reserved during regular stays. I've been using rewards for about 6 years and have found this as the case about 80% of the time. It's usually little things like stained/burned carpeting and furniture, poorly repaired damages, worn furniture, refrigerators on the floor instead of the normal locations and located near noisy traffic areas.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Upon entering the lobby, I noticed a mildew smell that is amplified in the guest room, especially the bathroom and the same, set-in smell in the towels since the air blows right on them. The dated blue lounge chair in the room was noticeably dirty too, along with the walls that needed to be wiped down or repainted. The rest of the room seemed fine.
Since we were not recognized as Hilton honors members upon check in with the friendly (book-reading) clerk, I assumed we had lost our gold status so I didn't ask, but noticed when I logged into our account that we still were gold members, or maybe this location doesn't practice acknowledging honors members.
Anyway, we could have stayed elsewhere for less but we thought with our previous Hampton Inn experiences at other locations, we had made a good choice, only to find we were wrong. If the rooms are cleaned so often, I expect them to be cleaner than my home, not worse. We really wanted it to be a great place.

1  Thank joyfulfamily
Daniel S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

we stayed here for 5 nights during a stay to family. It is clean. The staff is friendly. They take very good care of the facility. It would have been better if the beds were queen instead of double. They were also a bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Daniel S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

We love having you here! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I will share this with our staff and ownership at my next meeting. Happy travelels!