“Best hotel in Springfield”

Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
st. clair mo
“Best hotel in Springfield”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for the cheap price and was I impressed. The place was super clean, beds were great, room was comfortable. Breakfast was a surprise- sausage, eggs, biscuit and gravy, waffles and all the regular. Will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Lake, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

First time staying in a Greenstay Hotel. Called 2hours ahead while driving, matched price I saw on price line. Was totally impressed staff very helpful, room exceptionally clean, did not have that funny hotel smell, bed was extremely comfortable. We travel to Texas quite a bit and will definitely make this are go to stop.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I just stopped in this hotel while traveling when I was too tired to continue to drive. They offered me a great rate. I was so surprised by what an amazing hotel it turned out to be. The room was large, spotless, beautiful and smelled great. I can't think of anywhere I've stayed that offered better value. The free breakfast was very simple but it was hot and very good for being free.

I was hoping it was a large chain and I'd be able to find more of them elsewhere but it looks like that's not the case. Too bad.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have difficulty with stairs make sure to ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was a great place to stay! It is called Greenstay because it is a "green" (or environmentally friendly) hotel. The only downside to the hotel is that there are NO ELEVATORS. There are only two floors, so there are not that many stairs to worry about, thank goodness. Besides that, it was great! Let me separate my review out for you:
Value:
I reserved this room through Expedia for $70 for 1 king sized bed. At first, I thought this was going to be a semi-dirty, small, noisy room. It was the opposite.
Sleep Quality:
It was a good bed, nothing special but not at all uncomfortable. You can hear Hwy 65 (from my room at least). The refrigerator would startle me awake every once in a while, but I would go straight back to sleep. There was no hallway noise or next-door room noise.
Cleanliness:
It was very clean! I walked around barefoot the entire time and I did not get black, or even semi-brown, feet. The towels were clean, and surprisingly soft. Sheets, pillows, counters, toilet, everything was spotless.
Location:
Springfield is not a huge place, so location didn't really matter for me. It is on the north-eastern outside edge of Springfield. I am not sure where the "hoppin'" places are in Springfield, so I am not sure how this would rate on location.
Rooms:
Great rooms! Clean, as I said before, and it had nice amenities. It had a fridge, microwave, plenty of drawers and places to set things, great TV, coffee, two sinks (one inside the bathroom and one outside), and a closet. The only negative is that it was stuffy. The A/C unit did not circulate the air very well throughout the room. It was cool enough air coming out of it, but it did not make it around the room.
Breakfast:
It was great HOT breakfast. They had waffles, of course, as well as eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, toast, mini cinnamon rolls, and a variety of drinks.
Room Service:
I did not get any room service, but they had a menu for the hotel. It looked like you had to call a toll free number or order online, but it had a wide variety of food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great choice. Stayed here for one night to visit springfield. It was clean and had plenty room. The service was good. Didn't get to try the breakfast. Great bang for your buck! I would/will stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
Missouri
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed in pet room and noticed no smells . It was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the back door didn't work with the key card so had to prop door open when we took dog outside (very convenient for pets). Had a great back door , but had to walk around front of building to get inside.

Yes, about 3 trains were not quiet, so ask for a room farthest away if your a light sleeper. I'm a light sleeper and always sleep in ear plugs so I didn't hear it myself but family mentioned it.

Free breakfast was very good and again , no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed absolutely everything about our stay at this Hotel. The stay were courteous and helpful, rooms were clean and classy, beds were comfy, free breakfast was large and tasty, pool and fitness room were great! Even a free place to do laundry! My whole family was very impressed! As my kids said ... Best Hotel Ever!!

• Stayed July 2013