“Stay over”

Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and quiet. Pool area looked clean though l did not use it. Wanted to use tread mill but it was broke. Breakfast was above average. People at the desk were polite. Rate was good. If l was going through Springfield again l would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Greenstay Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great find. Very comfortable beds, non chlorinated pool and a wonderful breakfast (for a free continental). The staff was friendly upon check-in. Will most definitely use again if in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Warren S
Jeff P, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Warren S,

Thank you for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites. I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our rates and amenities, and thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor so others may find us more easily. We take pride in our complimentary full hot breakfast each morning, and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. We do offer a unique amenity in our outdoor salt water pool. It will be open until Fall. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Springfield, Missouri. Thank you, again, for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with quality facilities. The only negative at the time of my visit was the construction and lack of elevator, they were putting in a new one. The beds in a double room feel small.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bmartin30

Dear bmartin30,

Thank you for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in June of 2014. We are currently undergoing a renovation in our lobby that will provide guests with an elevator. We have already completed the renovations in all of our guest rooms, so each room has a modern design and updated amenities. Our lobby construction is moving quickly, and we are looking forward to completing it. During your next stay at Greenstay, you will be able to see the progress that we have already made in the past weeks. Thank you, again, for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

When looking for a hotel my main concern is first and foremost that the hotel is clean. This hotel was really clean. For the price, this hotel also had very nice resources – well kept gym, good outdoor pool, and fantastic breakfast and eating room. My family was very comfortable for the entire weekend and we were well taken-care of by the hotel staff. I stayed there before with my sports team in high school and had a great experience. It was no different this past weekend with my family. Would recommend.

1  Thank Kyle B

Dear Kyle B,

Thank you for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed both of your stays with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Since you have stayed multiple nights with us, you are well on your way to fulfilling our rewards program. Every 10 nights that you spend with us, we will give you a free night or $50 cash upon check in. During your next stay at Greenstay in Springfield, we will be more than happy to set up a rewards card for you that includes each night you have already stayed. Our Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance staffs all work hard to ensure that you are relaxed and comfortable during your stay, and I am glad to know that we have succeeded. We will see you during your next trip to Springfield, Missouri. Thank you for choosing Greenstay Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Very polite and clean! We plan to stay there again in the future. The breakfast was incredible, a lot of variety. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We got in late so the front desk lady helped us get into our room quickly. They matched a price I found on Priceline. Fantastic place to stay!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Danielle R
Jeff P, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Danielle R,

Thank you for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this month. We take pride in offering a wide variety of delicious and healthy foods during our complimentary full hot breakfast. Our Front Desk and Housekeeping staffs work hard every day to ensure that you have a clean and relaxing room, and I am glad to know that we achieved our goal during your stay. Thank you for choosing Greenstay Hotel and Suites, and we will see you during your next trip to Springfield, Missouri.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I wanted to give this hotel a higher rating, but so many things were off that I had to give it only a 3. After a several hour ride through heavy rain I arrived very tired close to 9pm. The desk clerk had a creepy friend draped over the front desk making check-in uncomfortable. I was asked if I had a pet, which I didn't, but then I asked if all the rooms were pet rooms because I didn't want one that smelled like a dog. She said if the room smelled come back and she would give us another room. We were assigned the Longhorn Sheep room (yes, it really says longhorn non bighorn lol!) and it smelled musty but not too bad. After unpacking our stuff and starting to relax the mustiness became very bothersome (it was more of a dirty furniture smell, but the room appeared very clean). Way too tired to pack everything up we just dealt with it.
Bed was comfortable enough, pillows weirdly small and the door to the hallway has about a one inch gap letting the light in, which in a dark room was a lot of light. I had to stuff a towel under the door. The room temperature was ok, but the lack of a blanket made for a very restless and mostly sleepless night for both my son and I. We woke up very tired. No noise from other rooms as described by another reviewer. Big dorm sized refrigerator made lots of noise...unplugged it. The phone was blinking the message light which I couldn't shut off...unplugged. When you enter the room (it was night) the only switch other than the vanity area is across the room on the lamp; could be a hazard walking in the dark in a strange room for some people.
Breakfast was ok...biscuits & gravy in a crockpot, microwave sausages. Coffee was good. Trashcan was overflowing, dirty tables not attended to. The shower had a really low flow showerhead. I guess I should have expected that for a "green" hotel.
Overall I think the hotel could be at least a 4 if they paid attention to some of these issues.

1  Thank TheLongLongTrailer
Jeff P, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear TheLongLongTrailer,

Thank you for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites. I apologize that not all aspects of your stay were found satisfactory. Our Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance staffs are continuously working to improve quality of stay for all guests. We will certainly take all aspects of your review into account, and we will improve upon those immediately. Our Maintenance staff has already begun working to correct the gap in any door which allows light into a room at night. Our Front Desk and Housekeeping staffs have addressed the odor that you mentioned and the cleanliness of our breakfast area. Overall, we have taken your suggestions very seriously, and we hope that you will find all areas of concern improved upon during your next stay. Thank you very much for choosing Greenstay Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a very clean hotel at an outstanding rate. The Service and Facility were great. If you are looking for a nice place to stay without paying a lot, this is a great choice. Not much to do within walking distance, but great access to 65 Hwy.

Dear Cole H,

Thank you for your review of Greenstay Hotel and Suites. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to give you a clean, comfortable room that was within your budget. Our staff takes extreme pride in our customer service, and I am happy that we were able to improve your travel experience. While there are few attractions within walking distance of our hotel, Highway 65 does allow for convenient access to several Springfield and Branson locations. Bass Pro Shops, Fantastic Caverns, Lambert's Cafe, and Silver Dollar City can all be easily located using this highway. We are also very close to Downtown Springfield, where guests can find Hammons Field, local restaurants, and local nightlife. Thank you very much for your stay at Greenstay Hotel and Suites, and we look forward to seeing you during your text trip to Springfield, Missouri.