“Very nice stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 19 March 2010

My stay was much more then I expected! My room was very clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast options were excellent. It had easy access to the highway as well. I would definitely stay here again! Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2010
Thank you very much for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future, and if there is anything we can do to improve your stay please let us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Farmington
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We were stranded at a dealership with a broken down car and Greenstay was the closest motel. We knew that we were going to be taken because it was a Holiday( New Year) and the dealership was closed and we had nowhere to go. we were amazed that they gave us a discount and a great room. The staff was so friendly and helpfull that I couldn't believe it. There was a Hardees and McDonalds close by and that was about the only thing to walk to because it was so cold outside. I would stay here again if I was going to be in the area again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
greenstay, General Manger at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Greenstay Hotel and Suites. Just wish the stay would not have been due to car problems. We hope the next time you come through Springfield it will be under better circumstances and you will stay with us again. If there is anything we can do better on your next stay please let me know.
linden, texas
Reviewed 16 July 2009

quality of room and service was at least $125 for $69 price. hotel was maintained, furnished above any other hotel for this rate. guest service people was excellent. free breakfast was extensive. bettter than any other, full assortment w/ attendent willing to accomodate your special requests. clean hotel. it looked new, or just remodeled. variety of newspapers available for free in lobby. free choc chip cookies and milk in evening.wish they had a chain of these hotels across the country at this price, we would be loyal customers.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 16 March 2009

The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside. The rooms are nicely updated and clean. Large lobby area with a computer and free WI-FI. Breakfast area decent size with many choices.

If you don't like the sound of trains, or if you are a light sleeper than this hotel is not for you. Highway traffic on one side of the building and then you have the trains that go through every hour on the hour all night long. I even had a white noise machine with me and I still heard the blasting of it's horn.

The other thing to be aware of is that there is not an elevator to the second floor, so everything must be carried up by hand. I always choose the top floor to avoid hearing noise when sleeping so this was a choice I made.

Exercise room is in the same area of the hot tub, so it get's very hot in there when exercising.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Bismarck
Reviewed 15 December 2008

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn East in Springfield, IL. The room was very nice. We especially enjoyed the beds. Unlike some hotels the beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel also has a small exercise room with a whirlpool. I found the staff very helpful. The morning breakfast was the nicest we have found in a hotel. They had numerous items to choose and everything was fresh and hot.

The only complaint I have is I think an elevator is a necessity in a hotel because I have a bad foot right now and our room was on the second floor. I found it difficult to go up and down. I know the hotel is only two floors but it would be nice to think of people who are disabled. Next time I will ask for a 1st floor room.

• Liked — Beds and Breakfast
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern Mississippi
Reviewed 15 July 2006

My husband travels for work and typically stays in Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inns. He "cashed in" 20,000 of his Hilton Honors points for us to stay at this Hampton Inn location, for one night, on our way to Branson. The two of us, plus our three children, stayed in one standard room. (with a rollaway bed, of course)

This Hampton Inn is maintained very well, and seems to be very updated from what I remember of Hampton Inns. The front desk staff was very accomodating, and the morning crew, working the breakfast buffet were outstanding. A huge plus for my husband was the free high-speed Internet, which, in the past, were only found at the Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden Inns.

We weren't there long enough to check out the pool, but our room was near the exercise room and it was definitely being used by other guests.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank MBAmom
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 July 2006

I stayed two nights for business. I booked late and many hotels in town were already full. This hotel was pretty average for a Hampton Inn.

Everything was very clean and well maintained, although dated. For example, there were two sinks, one in and one out of the bathroom. The closet is in this area, too. It makes for a tight squeeze even for just one person in the room. This floorplan has been out of style for quite some time.

There was a nice outdoor pool, an exercise room and sauna, and the breakfast was well done with some hot choices. Again, everything was clean and well maintained.

On the minor inconvenience side, I have two things to mention. The middle entrance door to the hotel (off the exercise area) requires you to drag your bags up and down steps. Ask for a room on the first floor nearest the lobby or at the very far end of the east wing. The parking lot lets out into an Arby’s which lets out onto the street. If you are planning to go west on Chestnut, forget it during rush hour. Take the express way north or south and then backtrack to where you want to go. I saw lots of cars stacked up waiting to make the left turn.

Neither annoyance would keep me from staying again, however I think the next time I come to town, I would rather stay in the newer and more fashionable area along Republic on the south side. It seems closer to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business