“It was all right”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Springfield, Missouri
“It was all right”
Reviewed 26 June 2010

The rooms were all right but I got up earrly to have breakfast it was around 7:30 and went down to eat and there was no Oarnge Juice ask for some never did show up with the pool it was a little confused they said on the phone that pool was open from 10am to 10pm but the paper on the door said 7am to 11pm the chart by the hot tub says 10am to 10pm

On the Internet its service was a little Choppy it would work for a while then throw you of you would have to re connect

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 July 2010
wetfeet_10,p

I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us and for the confusion with the pool area. During your stay with us the pool hours had just changed from 10am-10pm to 7am-11pm to allow our guests more time to enjoy our pool area. I would like to also apologize for the orange juice running low on the morning you were enjoying our breakfast. There is no excuse for not keeping a clean well stocked breakfast area and I assure you this does not happen, but on very rare occasions. As far as the internet service, our internet technician has repaired a router that was causing the choppy service. Again I would like to apologize for not receiving 100% guest satisfaction and assure you on your next visit everything is corrected.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I recently stayed here for 2 weeks during job training. Absolutely the best staff anywhere! They were friendly, attentive, the rooms and facilities are well kept and the manager is simply the best ever. I had to stay an extra night due to flight cancellation and they went out of thier way to make sure all my needs were taken care of. If everyone was treated the way I was here, the world would be a better place. Thanks again for such a pleasant stay. Would recommend this place to anyone anytime. Randy the manager is simply the best ever!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2010
Mikey49_10

I really appreciate the great review and I hope you made it back to Salt Lake City okay. It was great having your company staying with us and am looking forward to hosting more of your company's guests. Anytime you are coming back to Springfield and need a lift to and from the airport again please let me know, I will be glad to do it. Hope to see you again sometime, and thank you again.
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I usually stay at Hampton Inns but they were all booked up. I ran across a listing for the Greenway stating that it was formerly a Hampton Inn with the same quality of service so
I thought I would give it a try.
Everything was as promised. Very clean, with an emphasis on environmental contiousness. I have recommended this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Dear ziggy460,

I am very honored by the review you gave us. Reading your review it sounds like you are a loyal Hampton Inn guest, I am happy to know that you stayed with us even though we are a former Hampton Inn. As the GM of this property I feel we are as every bit as good as a Hampton Inn with more emphasis on the environment and our guests. I hope the next time you come to the Springfield Missouri area you will stay with us again. And thank you again for the great review.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We stayed 6 nights in late May at the Greenstay Inn, a private property which was a former Hampton Inn. The staff was extremely accommodating, even upgrading us to get us an accessible room on the first floor. The housekeeping staff always cleaned around our schedule and kept things spic and span. The huge hot and cold breakfast each morning was one of the best I've ever experienced. There was a pool and exercise room, however we didn't have time to use them. There is a Hardees and a McDonalds right next door. The neighborhood is in a group of warehouses, however the hotel is right off of Highway 65 at the north east corner of Springfield with easy freeway access to all parts of town. There is a train that goes by several times per day, so if train sounds bother you, ask for the freeway side of the building.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
msorangeblossom,

I want to thank you very much for your kind words and am very happy that you enjoyed your stay here. I really like the pictures of the room you took as well. I hope you all had a safe journey back home and hope the next time you stay in Springfield you will stay here again. Again thank you and I hope to see you again in the future.
Helena, Mt
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Stayed two nights while visiting Evangel College with our son. We were extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay. The location was in an excellent, quiet, very safe location just off the freeway and was pretty much by itself as a hotel, with McDonald's and Hardees next door. (The main business and hotel areas were a couple miles away.) From the moment we drove up to our departure, we were happy with everything. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We had a king room with sofabed which was large, clean, well furnished and with a good layout. Having a sink inside and outside the bathroom was really useful. An excellent breakfast! What made the breakfast special was the very large variety of items (even blueberries!)... more than any other hotel of its class. The breakfast staff were amazingly friendly and did an unprecedented job cleaning ... frequently clearing our dirty dishes while we were still eating. Two computers with flat screen monitors were available in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 June 2010
Clarkcreek, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the next time that you are in Springfield you will stay with us again. As an independent brand hotel trying to get its feet off the ground, great comments like yours is very nice and greatly appreciated. On your next trip to Springfield or Evangel University make sure and ask for the Evangel University student/parents discounted rate.
Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We had to go to Sprinfgield, Mo. to visit and help care for a sick relative. We found out the Greenstay Hotel was just a few blocks from her home. I called and spoke to Donnie on several occasions regarding our reservations, he was very helpful! The manager Randy went out of his way to be accomodating. We found the hotel to be extremely clean and comfortable providing us with several nights of really good sleep. It's located just a short drive to The Bass Pro Shop and it's convenient to Branson. I would suggest this hotel to anyone visiting Springfield. The only thing it didn't have was a restaurant, but the complimentary breakfast was very nice and it's just a short drive to any restaurant in town.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
greenstay, General Manager at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Thank you very much for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us Arlyne. The next time you are in Springfield I hope you will choose us again.
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed 12 April 2010

This hotel is a former Hampton Inn that still has near Hampton Inn quality for a much more affordable price. Room was large and clean, bed was extremely comfortable. The window of my room faced a busy U.S. Highway 65 which might be bothersome for some but that didn't bother me. Fridge and microwave were a nice bonus. Exercise room looked great but unfortunately I didn't have time to utilize it. Little things like extra toiletries were included despite the fact that their rates seem comparable to economy hotels. The hotel's "Green" theme was evident with recycle bins throughout the hotel, and the fact that the toilet had "liquid" and "solid" flush settings to save water. Location may not be great for some because it's in a more industrial section of Springfield near the intersection of a major U.S. highway and a busy city street... only a McDonalds and a Hardees are nearby. But, you can't beat the price for the quality you get. I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Thank you gcmissouri. We really appreciate the positive review, we hope the next time you are in Springfield you will stay at the Greenstay again. Be sure and next time you visit us you try out our fitness center and free guest laundry area.