“great place to stay”

Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

we have stayed at this baymont several times and have always been pleased with everything. that's why we keep coming back. last time we had a friend book her room here and just down the hall from us. makes our visits in the area a lot better when we have a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Velma G, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Cindi K,

Thank you so much for your kind comments it's so nice to hear from my guest. I am so glad to hear that my staff treated you well. I really appreciate you taking time to let me know about your stay.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

You definitely get what you pay for here. No coffee 2 of the 3 days we were there, very poor selection at breakfast. The staff was rude and very put out when we asked for some extra towels, 2 other families that were traveling with us didn't have water in their rooms one day and a maintenance man in the hallway was making rude comments a my husband and son walked by. They definitely have some customer service issues they need to work on. Would not stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear TennesseeDawgfan,

I do apologize, this stay sounds like you had a really hard time at my hotel. I am always saddened to hear one of my guest did not enjoy there visit. I have spoken to my team based on your comments and can assure you that because you took the time to bring this to my attention these issues were addressed and taken care of. Thank you for making me aware of the problems you had so that I can correct them. I do hope you will come back and give us another try.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Our overall stay was good. We had a battery in a smoke alarm die during the night & it starting "chirping" loudly. it kept us awake, to say the least! As with most smaller market hotels, I believe there was only one person on staff during the night. We called the front desk several times with no answer. I finally went down to the front desk & after waiting almost 20 mins finally saw a staff member in the hall. I told him the problem & without any apology or concern he looked in the desk drawer to see if he had a battery. He didn't. I'm quite sure if he did, he would've given it to me to climb up on furniture & replace myself! He stated a maint. person would be in "soon" & he would "send him up". He didn't. The following morning we were to check out. We stopped at the front desk to discuss the problem with the two staff members there. Again, not much sympathy for a sleepless night and we had been there under much stress for a family members funeral. We asked for an adjustment to the bill, thinking a half price night would be acceptable. They stated that they didn't have any way to adjust a bill more than $25. We would have to call the manager on Tuesday when she would be back. VERY frustrating! I felt the least that could've happened is the night person could've come to the room and done the climbing to pull the bad battery. We are pretty laid back people & could've made this a huge deal.

Dear Shelley E,

I first want to apologize for the inconvenience due to the smoke alarm and for my team letting you down. That is not the way we treat our guest in Springfield. I have taken this information and dealt with the issues. The appropriate actions have been taken correct this. I apologize that there wasn't a Manager on Duty at the time you left. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention and do hope that you will come back and give us another chance to show you how great we can be!

Wichita
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I've stayed here before. It is usually okay. Hallways, Elevators a little ragged - but other than that the hotel looks good and the staff is usually pretty friendly. I'll stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Allison S,

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. While you noted that our hotel looks good and that the staff is usually pretty friendly, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. I will follow up with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure that all aspects of the hotel will be what our guests expect from us. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I read the reviews before choosing this hotel, I was aware that people were not as pleased with the management as they would have liked to have been, but I chose it anyway because of the location. Personally I figured my son and I would just go up to our room and not have to deal with the management much anyway so it wouldn't be a problem, that was until someone stole my credit card information the day of check in after only using debit everywhere I went, except here. I went to talk with the manager and she said it was impossible because their receipts don't copy the full card number and she wanted to hear nothing of it, she said it must have been the Target or Michaels security breeches, but ignored me when I said I have not used my card there. This was the only place I have been any time recently where I did not handle the card myself, the man behind the counter had it, pressed it in the card imprint machine (so yes he did have my info right there), then he processed it as he was supposed to as debit. Anyways, that night hundreds of dollars were spent on hunting and fishing equipment and it was being sent to an address here in Springfield (which I just drove into that day and had not used my card anywhere else in Springfield). Luckily I caught it in time or else my 2 year old and I would have had no money to get back home, or anything else for that matter.

Anyway, aside from this issue that I can not fully prove, the room was very nice as was the hotel, I really wish I felt that I could stay here again. The only negatives were that the heating and cooling kept going up and down, it was either hot or cold, I couldn't get it to settle comfortably in the middle. The refrigerator was making this quiet but high pitched sound that was hurting my ears and kept me up (and I am a very heavy sleeper), I had to keep shaking it to make it stop. Housekeeping woke me up before 8am going up and down the halls yelling housekeeping and knocking on doors, luckily I put the door hanger on my door and they didn't try to come in my room. Do they really think most people are already up and out of their rooms as soon as the sun comes up?

Breakfast was alright, they definitely did not care to restock it at all, by the time we came down the pancake machine was out of batter and the waffle machine had gotten burnt batter stuck in it, but there was no management paying attention to it. They did have hot breakfast, sausage and eggs, and biscuits and gravy. They had mini muffins but some of them were so old and hard I could barely break the top off.

If management stepped up this could be a nice hotel.

Room Tip: There is an elevator so being on higher floors is not so bad.