“Good location, quite place”

Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Fenton, Michigan
“Good location, quite place”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I don't usually expect much from a budget motel like days inn, but I've got to say, this days inn went beyond our expectations. We really enjoyed our stay. check in was fast. Rooms were very clean and specious. Our kids enjoyed the swimming pool. One thing I noticed that when you ask for extra pillows in motels, you have to pay for them but at this days inn, the front desk clerk did not hesitate at all to give us extra pillows for no charge. The break fast was really great. Definitely appreciate the hot waffles in the morning. Will stay here again next time we are in town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank sundowner60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 19 July 2011

For the past 4 summers years, we have made cross country trips with our small dogs and fell in love with this Days Inn. All of the reviews posted are all true!! I stayed at the Days Inn in June and returned July 17th to a big surprise. The Chandlers sold the hotel to a family from India...oh my what a change in a week. The first floor carpet smelled musty from a water spill, the AC was set on about 85 degrees in the lobby and breakfast area and the hallways were not air conditioned.I had to return my bed blanket and bedspread to the front desk because of stains...I was told that the whole hotel was booked last night..I dont know what that has to do with the next days room rental and my bed. I will miss the Chandlers and wish them well, but I will never stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank paj0ann
Wenatchee, WA
Reviewed 17 July 2011

On a recent road trip on Route 66 we chose this hotel because of the TA reviews. We were not disappointed! The rooms are nicely appointed and clean, the gounds are well kept and breakfast is great with waffles custom made by Craig, the owner. He also let us park our specialty cars in front of the lobby doors and under cover. What a guy! We liked it so much we stayed 2 mights instead of staying in Branson after our show. It is also located in a quiet area that is great for a morning walk if you are so inclined. This place is a bargain and we would love to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank msmcd
Reviewed 12 July 2011

GPS took us to this motel...we had reservations at the Days Inn at 3114 Kentwood drive in Springfield.....Do Not stay here....I wouldn't have my name on it if I was Days Inn...Poor kept rooms, poor service and the owner was absolutely AWFUL to me...Poor desk boy Allen almost lost his job....I will be writing to Wyndham properties about this owner...

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
14 Thank oklacupla
Days_Inn_iMAX, Owner at Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Hello! Thank you so much for the positive comments. We at Days Inn Battlefield, do everything within our reach to make our guest feel comfortable. Our A TEAM has put a lot of effort to make us the award winning Days Inn. Next time you're in town, we would love to accommodate you here!

Thank you again on behalf our entire staff.
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We're driving across the heartland and I choose this place because of the reviews. We are value oriented, in need of pet friendly accommodations and normally choose a level or two above Days Inn. But I also trust TA and knowing this is the Number 1 Days Inn in the entire system made me chance it.
We were totally impressed.
Nick, the afternoon/night manager greeted us with more affability than most top resort desk agents. His informative speech included info about the complimentary breakfast, wake up calls and complimentary coffee delivery to our room in the morning. This in spite of the coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in the room. The front reception area was cleaner and furnished better than most better motels that we use. Our room was equally clean and impressive. The exterior grounds are all well manicured and nothing appears to be out of place. These are all signs of top quality local ownership/management. There was plenty of room to run with our dogs; no signs of previous dog droppings either because of the convenient bag box and trash bin. Even the pool and deck was spotless and pool furniture fresh clean and looking like new.
We noticed no noise from above or around us at all. The location is well off the highways on a side street that can be a little hard to find but so worth it for the environment.
In the morning we discovered more about why this place is special. When we entered the breakfast area we were greeted by the owner, Craig Chandler. He pointed out the entire breakfast buffet bar, including three kinds of waffles. Then he seated us as if we were dining in a fine restaurant. We told him what kind of waffles we wanted. I opted for the apple cinnamon and MrsRedPony choose the blueberry. Craig prepared the waffles and served them to us and we conversed as we often do in a top quality B&B.
All the while I kept thinking. 'This is not really a Days Inn'.
Craig shared with us that he had a background in the hotel industry at a corporate level. Owning and running this place was the fulfillment of a dream when he left the big business world. He brought with him a knowledge of what matters and a love of what he is doing. It shows in virtually every aspect and every square inch of their property. They are rightfully proud to be the #1 hotel in their entire chain.
We were only passing through and spending the single night. However, if and when we return to do a more in depth stay and exploration of the region, I would readily choose to use this place as a base for several days. The hospitality alone is reason enough.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
17 Thank RedRox
goforitSpringfield, Owner at Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Hi Folks, As owner of the Days Inn Battlefield, I must say that we appreciate your comments and encouragement. We have taken a small roadside economy property and have had alot of fun with it! Our mission has been to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations and making friends with our guests. It has been rewarding to see the good ratings and to hear from guests like you on the internet. It makes it worth the effort of our entire staff to know that people feel good when they leave our place rested, well fed and ready for their journey. What a business! It's all about people like you! Thanks, Craig, Beckie and the great staff of the Days Inn Battlefield.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I normally don't stay at Days Inn or similar hotels, as my trips are normally business-related, and I usually stay in Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, or Hilton Garden Inn. Now I am thankful that my company puts me up in those hotels. I thought that this Days Inn might be different, as it was so well rated, and there were so many positive comments. The staff was friendly enough, but the room left some to be desired. It had two double beds, but they appeared to be old, and they both sagged a good bit, making for an uncomfortable night's sleep. The room had been cleaned beforehand, but when we went into the bathroom the first time, there was a used bath towel still hanging from the hook on the door. I was disappointed in the breakfast, as it was significantly more limited than other hotels' offerings on this vacation (Drury Inn, Residence Inn, Country Inn and Suites). I was also disappointed that they didn't have a business center with a computer. I purposely didn't travel with a computer, and every other hotel I stayed at offeres that. But, I guess that's part of their price covers. The stay wasn't horrible, but I, for one, will pay the extra $20 or so to get a comfortable, clean stay. That's worth the money.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank SongMan67
goforitSpringfield, Owner at Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Hi there Song Man, Thanks for your candid remarks of your stay with us. It was obvious to me that your company normally puts you up in some pretty nice mid to upscale hotels when you travel. During my hotel career, I used to open Hampton Inns. What a fine chain! We have a couple of top rated Hampton Inns here in Springfield. I wish I could afford to offer the same quality as you are use to with the nicer brands but Days Inn is an economy chain. We do have a wish list of things that we want to provide when the economy turns around and we can afford to make improvements. When I think about some of the nicer hotels and the nationally known and respected hotel companies represented here like JQ Hammons Hotels who owns and operates Marriott Residence Inn, Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites at a price point of between $120 to $140 rates per night, I don't think our little economy property even compares. The Drury family actually has an award winning Drury Inn here in Springfield at a price point of between $100 to $120 per night with the most elaborate evening social hour and breakfast offerings I've ever seen! I don't think I could ever offer what they offer at our price point. I am convinced that what really makes the difference is being true to our mission by constantly striving to win the confidence of the traveling public with a good price to value relationship that makes sense. As for your comments about the used towel found on the back of the bathroom door, well that is just unacceptable and for that I apologize! As soon as I read that, I conducted a housekeeping meeting to review the incident and to stress the importance of being thorough with guestroom inspections. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights with us. This is all good and makes us sharper for it! Appreciate that! Craig, Beckie and the staff.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The owner and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Free hot breakfast included three kinds of heart-shaped waffles - regular, blueberry, and strawberry - which the owner himself made for us! Very comfortable room. It was too cool the time we were there to try to outdoor pool, but it looked inviting. Close to Branson and has dozens of brochures for attractions there. Would definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Bunnidancer
goforitSpringfield, Owner at Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65, responded to this review, 18 June 2011
Wow, what nice comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. It is sure helpful for folks looking for a hotel in Springfield that enjoys putting on hospitality for folks. Look forward to having you back next time you come to Springfield. Thanks again, Craig , Beckie and the gang at Days Inn Battlefield.