“Great Value”

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Louis B

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Upon arriving at this hotel, my initial experience was positive. The front desk clerk was friendly, rooms were clean and there was no hint of any smoke smell (which is great for me as I am a no smoker). I arrived at 4:30 PM, checked in and immediately left to eat dinner and then get equipment set up for a church conference I was attending the next morning. When I returned to my room, around 10:30, I set my alarm and quickly went to sleep.

When my 5 AM alarm went off, I went to the bathroom and realized I had no bath towels. At this point, I had no time to go to the front desk for more towels so I used the foot and hand towels I had to dry off. When I checked out, I informed the desk clerk that my room had no bath towels so they wouldn't think I had taken them. He said it wasn't a problem and would make a note of the missing items.

Fast forward to today. I just happened to check my credit card statement and noticed a $50 fee that was charged 3 days after my stay. I called the Days Inn to inquire about the charge and David, the desk clerk who answered the phone, informed me that the hair dryer was missing from my room. He said it was the "owner's policy to charge the fee for missing items." When I asked for the manager, he stated he was the manager. Things quickly turned from bad to worse. I asked him what their policy was regarding refunds and he said he's just leave the owner's and note with my phone number and they might call me. I informed that I expected the charge to be refunded or I would be forced to leave a poor review on TripAdvisor. He said if I was going to threaten him then he would "be sure and not refund that charge" and abruptly hung up on me. I've called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

If am an honest person who has no interest in hair dryers, especially considering I'm a man with short hair and have no need whatsoever for one. I'm even more frustrated that I had friends in 5 more rooms that stayed there because I recommended it from their TripAdvisor rating. In the future I guess I'll start taking inventory of items in my room so I won't get charged for things I don't even use.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank i_chuck1974
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The personal touch of the staff is excellent, and Charlie made the trip special. The property is our destination of choice when we need to stay in Springfield because it has it all. Location, super service, clean rooms, and is pet friendly. Can't say enough; this is where we stay. Period.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Kresie
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay and appreciate the friendliness of the staff and especially the man who checked me into the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Clean, friendly, and courteous. I come into town once a month for 3 or 4 days. I always stay here because I know it will be consistently maintained. Charlie , who is the manager, takes very good care of the clients and their needs. As long as I am making these trips, I will always stay here. I have stayed in some name motels in resort towns and not received the kind of cleanliness and treatment that I get here. Recommend highly. Donna S.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 31 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank J C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed in this motel,two weeks,last year,while my husband was in the hospital.They are the most wonderful,caring people I have ever known.Any time we need a place to stay,this is where we go.We recommend this place to all our friends and family.It's also close to all our doctors appointments.Our room is always very clean,and the service cannot be beaten.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business