Sleep Inn Medical District
Residence Inn Springfield(Springfield)
US$136
US$129
Great 4.5/5
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$91
US$217
US$180
US$76
US$72
Good 3.5/5
Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
  • Breakfast included
US$110
US$102
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$78
Great 4.5/5
Greenstay Hotel & Suites(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$76
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Coach House(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
US$129
US$109
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
All reviewstexas roadhousepocket doorwater pressure and hot waterhelpful with directionswafflesroom was cleanbudget hotelcheck in was easybiscuits and gravychoice hotelsparking lotjames rivermissouri state universityup to datehotel roomvery nice hotelnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The pool was great. the room was nice. Breakfast was GREAT!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NANASUE1952
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My husband passed away in January so to say the least my year has not started out the best. I had to come to Springfield to take care of some business. So I chose Sleep Inn as it is close to the bypass and highway. They are so nice here, we had a small problem with my room and they were fast to resolve the problem and took care of my bill for one night. So unexpected, but greatly appreciated. Their cont. breakfast is so much more than that, frest fruit, waffles, biscuts and gravy and the list goes on. If you want to stay somewhere that they truly care about you this would the place to stay. For anyone with medical issues its in the med. district. its quiet and nice pool also. The only thing I didn't like was you could get a little confused as how to get into this place. But other than that WONDERFUL placce. :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cynwit
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Great friendly staff, comfy rooms, and a tasty breakfast with boiled eggs, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereals, juices, and surprisingly good coffee. Not "exactly" in the medical district, but convenient to US 60 E-W. Use AAA or AARP for best bargains. Indoor pool on site; hot tub was broken on our visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We stayed one night at the Sleep Inn Springfield and had an excellent stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and provided great service, my room was clean, modern and looked brand new. Breakfast had a nice variety of foods, the hot foods could have been hotter, but everything tasted great. I would definitely stay here again, I think it's a great value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2010

My wife and I with my two children were coming in to Springfield for business at Cox School of Nursing for a two day stay with Sleep Inn. This was one of many trips we will have had to make down to south Missouri for the school. I did research on many hotels to find what I thought would be the most reasonable and enjoyable experience I could find for that weekend because it was my birthday and I wanted the kids to be as happy as possible. I called Sleep Inn and spoke to a very friendly and professional clerk named Heidi and found out that even though they in my opinion were a little pricey they didn't even provide tubs for their regular rooms, only showers. I have a very bad back and after a 200 mile ride with children I at the very least felt I deserved a bathroom with a tub. I was about ready to give up when she informed me she has special handicapped rooms with jet tubs and she could give it to me at a better rate because of the school my wife was attending. Which you guessed it. Still a little pricey. I figured it's only two nights and I'de find a more reasonable room for the longer stays. So I requested an extra roll-a-way bed and a smoking room with the tub and reserved it at a price of $163 and some change. She informed me my card would not be charged until check out on Sunday. I agreed. We went down that Friday and I called the hotel and spoke to the GM by the name of Scott, also a polite and professional person, to request that the roll-a-way bed would be in the room by the time I check in at around 6:30 so the children can pass out after a long day of driving in bad weather and waiting on the class. He very cheerfully agreed to help me. We arrive at the hotel at 6:30 as planned and I sent my wife inside to get the ball rolling so we can get in and rest as quickly as possible. She comes out 10 minutes later and informs me that she is getting upset because she had to stand at the desk for 7 minutes when a clerk is in the next room by the name of Stacy screwing around and drinking a beverage all the while my wife is looking right at her and she knew my wife is there. She finally gets around to speaking to my wife and they start going through the check in process. She punches the reservation up on the computer and asks for Heather's credit card and license. Stacy says that it will be $163 with tax and swiped the card. Heather used to work at the Capital Plaza in Jefferson City, Mo and she is used to confirming what people are paying for so at that moment she asked what am I getting? Stacy said a non-smoking handicapped room with a roll-a-way. At that moment my wife told her she would be back in in a moment. It didn't seem right to her and wanted to confirm with me if I wanted a non-smoking room. I did not. She went back in and started telling Stacy there has been a mistake just when the phone rang and Stacy told Heather "I got to get this" in an inappropriate rude manner. After she gets off the phone she starts complaining about her co-worker for not being there to help her which we could do without. Her co-worker comes out by the name Ashley who is also very polite and actually starts helping my wife because Stacy's attention faded and she started staring at something else. Heather tells Ashley that we reserved a smoking room. Ashley said none of the smoking rooms they have have tubs. Heather asked why didn't anyone state that to me when I went through the reservation process? The reply was that there was a mistake on their end and she apologizes. Fair enough. Ashley started going through the process to accommodate us to see if we wanted another room without a tub. The reply from our end was no. For the price we're paying we should be able to have a fully functional bathroom and the ability to have a smoke. After all that's why we were searching for the right motel. Ashley starts offering to call other places for us because we said it just isn't going to work out. By the way up until this point my wife was patient and polite. All of this only took a couple of minutes once Stacy starting helping us. At that point Stacy comes out of her trace and rudely states that if I light up there will be a $100 fine. Right at this very point Heather stated that we aren't even staying here at this point anyway and she doesn't need the sarcastic comment. At this point I got involved and said I would like our card back and asked to receive confirmation we're not going to be charged. Stacy at this point was starting to escalate the situation by continuously throwing her 2 cents in. I told her I'de like her to stop talking to me I was dealing with Ashley at this point. Just at that moment I apologized to Ashley stating this was not her fault and I appreciate her. She gave me a printout saying under no circumstances will we be charged. Once again she offered to help us by calling around for us. I told her I just want to leave and I'll handle it. We left. I ended up at another place and spent $70 less and got everything I wanted. No headaches. It was very nice and the people were pleasant. My nightmare doesn't end there though. A few days later my wife checks our card transfers to make sure everything is charged properly since we been using it for a lot of transfers for the trip. We find out we got banged $187 and some change from Sleep Inn. I contacted Scott and Heidi. They informed me it was just an authorization charge and it should drop off in a few days, apologized for Stacy and Scott even went so far to offer sending me and offer for a free stay. I declined like this other guy listed in these other reviews to show my integrity and after all why re-live a nightmare. Apparently they have had problems before with stacy because one of these reviews also calls her out by name. Heidi also told me that my complaints sound like Stacy's prior behaviour. To this day I'm still waiting for the $187 to drop off my card which by the way no money was supposed to transfer and why 187 instead of 163? From now on I pay cash so my card doesn't get hijacked. When the money gets back on my card I'll consider pulling this comment off the reviews.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank maloneowens
SleepInnSGF, General Manager at Sleep Inn Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2010

I wanted to start our response by stating that it is not my intent to dispute Mr. Griffith’s (maloneowens) statements, but to try to allow for our perspective. We sincerely apologize for all difficulties Mr. and Mrs. Griffith encountered. Clearly Mr. Griffith found our facility and a particular staff member much to their dislike and has given a passionate rendition of their brief check in experience at our hotel. It is correct that very few of our rooms have bathtubs. The signature item of our generation of Sleep Inn is an oversize walk in shower. Many of our guests have complimented this set up and most of our rooms feature the walk in shower. We definitely understand that some guests prefer a tub / shower unit and that our configuration does not satisfy this need. Another aspect of our hotel is that the housekeeping and laundry department is located immediately behind our front desk station. In an effort to maximize housekeeping efficiency all of our front desk staff will help out housekeeping by doing laundry throughout the afternoon and evening hours. It is unfortunate that Mrs. Griffith experienced a delay in being properly greeted by our staff and I apologize for this.

Most importantly any perceived rudeness or abruptness that Mrs. Griffith may have encountered is the cardinal sin in the hospitality industry. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and it begins and ends with our demeanor when a customer enters our establishment to when they depart. We work with all of our staff members through training and continuing education on achieving high customer service scores through multiple channels, including review sites like Trip Advisor! We meet people who have probably spent most of their day in a car or airplane and are ready to rest and relax, and not have more stress added to their day. This is the expectation of our target customers! I most humbly apologize for not meeting these expectations with the Griffiths and sincerely hope that they might consider trying us again.

Prior to this review I spoke with Mr. Griffith multiple times and expressed much of what I had outlined above verbally. He mentioned seeing the ‘authorization’ amount on an electronic summary of their credit card statement. I stated that this was only a preauthorization to verify the card's authenticity, and that I would try to expedite its removal but assured him that there was absolutely no charge coming from the hotel as we were not able to meet their needs as customers. All records on our end indicate that the preauthorization has been removed and a follow up inquiry to Mr. Griffith was emailed.

While we definitely fell short in meeting expectations regarding the above experience, I feel we have a good hotel run by good people and feel confident that we can, and do provide excellent customer service and sincerely hope that we might be able to earn the Griffiths business back as some point in the future.