“Because of this location I'm sold on Sleep Inns”

Sleep Inn Medical District
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
NE, Arkansas
“Because of this location I'm sold on Sleep Inns”
Reviewed 2 February 2009

We have stayed here many times. We get a great rate and we love the location but mosty we return because of the ammenities and how clean everything is.

When it comes to Springfield we have found it's a hit or miss search. The absoulte worst hotel I have even stayed in was in Springfield. We found this Sleep Inn on accident and it was definatly a hit!

It all starts with calling in to make your reservation. They are so friendly and helpful. Then when you walk into the hotel everything looks wonderful, clean and well appointed. There is a very clean pool and hot tub and free breakfast in the morning. It's good (they should add yogurt) but still it's very good.

The rooms have always been clean with comfy beds. I'm addicted to the pillows (perfect shape and size) and the showers are huge. All the rooms seem to be redecorated in "new" hotel colors ( pumpkin, yellow, reds, greens - not your standard powder blue or Grandma Burgandy). The rooms look modern and fun and it makes relaxing very easy. The T.V is large and faux flat screen. There is a little fridge in the room.

My only complaints are that the heated pool is a bit too cold and the hot tub is really too hot for me (but I'm a wimp when it comes to hot water so it is probably perfect for normal persons)

Ask about the hospital discount. I think we pay like 62.00 a night and believe me it's worth a lot more than that.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank eryngobra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Missouri
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We booked the king size bed room and also used the pool and jacuzzi. Everything was clean. We slept very well. The jacuzzi was the first we've seen in Springfield which was at normal temp of around 104. Many times we've seen unheated or non-working jacuzzi's. The pool was clean and the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rockfamily
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 14 August 2006

Overall I would say this hotel was "okay".

I was travelling with two younger children, and had to ask to be moved to a room with a bathtub (they only had a few).

I asked five times for a crib over my 3 night stay, and never received one.

The walls were VERY thin... expect to hear every word your neighbor speaks and vice versa.

Also, the wifi didn't work at the hotel, and no one made any attempt to figure out why or fix it.

On the plus side, there was a free breakfast, a small indoor pool and hot tub, and nightly appetizers, including drinks. I'm not in a hurry to go back, but it would suit the business traveller just fine.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cwade0
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2005

I needed a room for one night to visit relatives in Springfield. The Sleep Inn was a good value. Most motel rooms are poorly lit, but not here - lots of light. While there was no tub bath, the shower was super. No drafts in the enclosed stall and good water pressure and hot water. The room had the usual coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board, shampoo etc. plus 70 channels of cable TV.

On the down side, the bed was too firm for my taste and there was a minimum of towels and no shower cap. I prefer more than the typical one-pillow-per-person, but then, I did not make a request to see if I could get more.

The room had good heating and cooling and clean carpet. Hall noise was minimal. The morning breakfast offered was about the norm. The people I met were friendly and helpful. In sum, I'll be in Springfield again in the future and plan to come back - with my own pillows from home.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 November 2004

If you want effiency, this is the place. No frills, no bath tub, and no toilet paper. Queen size beds are the size of a double, and very low to floor. No area for privacy - bathroom consists of shower stall and toilet. I was highly disappointed.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 15 June 2004

We went to Springfield, Missouri to visit friends twice now and we stayed at the Sleep Inn. It was really great. I took my son and we had his friend who lives in Springfield stay with us. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean. They have an indoor pool and hottub (that they were actually willing to open early if we wanted them to). They have a nice breakfast variety and smiling staff to help you. We had a great time. The ONLY thing I wish was different was that they don't have rooms with a tub (I like to take a nice scented bath in a hotel tub).

It was awesome. We wouldn't stay anywhere else anywhere we go if given a choice of Sleep Inn.

• Stayed June 2004