“No quality, Don't stay”

Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Big Cabin, Oklahoma
“No quality, Don't stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

The room selled like mold and had stains on the sheets and carpet. I pu the do not disturb sign on the door and the hotel staff still came in my room

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and room was wonderful.
Definately a place to stay and close to restaurants too

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Tulsa
Reviewed 31 March 2011

The best accomodations in Springfield,Missouri, whether you are travelling alone or with family & pets. Extremely friendly staff, beautiful grounds, seperate area designated for pets. Everything spic & span from the rooms to lobby. Nice hot breakfast area & very helpful staff with questions about local attractions or directions to destinations..In fact I am a Laquinta elite member & stay at the QualityInn when im in Springfield,im so impressed with the hotel. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Simply call & ask
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
mo271, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 May 2011
Thank you for your positive review. We promise to do our best to keep you as our customer
Alabama
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I am in the military and was getting ready to deploy to my current location. A week before, I reserved this hotel. I am stationed in OK. I had to travel to a court appearance in MO. The hotels' policy says that in order to cancel and get a full refund, the person needs to call by 4pm their time. It is a 7+ drive between my home and the court in MO. I had to work and when I finally left to go I got about 3+ hrs into my drive before I was called by my attorney and told to turn around because the court was no more. It was 5:50 pm. I called the hotel and talked with Elijah the next day. I explained what happened. After several attempts he finally had the courtesy to call me back. He told me that "his management" could not bend the policy and therefore offered me a 20% discount on my next stay. I have now deployed for a year, and this was the best they could do? This is a perfect example of why our economy sucks and why I will never stay at that hotel. $ was the driving issue to management. They clearly did not use common sense and probably double-booked my room so they could make more $. This hotel management sucks and they have been reported to the Better Business Bureau. I am amazed that people still treat other people like this. One word to describe this incident: stupid!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank timmywesty
mo271, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
I sincerely apologize for the way in which this incident was handled. It's true that our hotel cancellation policy is 4 P.M. day of arrival, but we do make exceptions depending on the circumstances of each cancellation. Unfortunately, the Manager that handled this incident is no longer employed with us so I don't know why he didn't handle this differently. Again, we apologize for the way this incident was handled.

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 June 2010

A decent hotel... definitely not as good as others in Springfield area for the money you pay. Pros: roomy suites, decent hot/cold breakfast (waffles, cereal, bagels, etc), pretty clean, Microwave and Fridge in the room, nice staff... Cons: dated rooms with dated comforters and couches/furniture, bed was okay... sort of hard, room could have been a bit cleaner, expensive for what you get compared to other places in town. Shop around before deciding on this place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Kansas city, MO
Reviewed 29 December 2009

The hotel was just okay. Our rate of $70 was too much in my opinion, this is more of a $55-$60 hotel. Not all rooms are inside. The rooms were smaller than I am used to, very small bathroom. The wireless internet didn't always work, it connected to their local internal network only. Found it better to attach to Drury's WLAN next door, though a weak signal. The decor was outdated. The sheets had a stain, like coffee or something. There was no elevator so using a luggage cart to the room was useless. the fitness center had 4 cardio machines only and an old TV with fading picture, no water. The free coffee 24-hr in lobby was nice. The breakfast was decent, waffles, sausage or bacon depending on the day, eggs that look like pancakes, bagles, toast, muffin, cereal, juice, and some fresh fruit.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family