“excellent hotel”

Arbor Suites At The Mall
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 7 August 2014

arbor suites at the mall is a lovely hotel vicky the manager is very kind and considerate candice and gina at custumer service and all the customer service are extremely kind and helpful dennis the maintence man does an extremely good job up keeping and if there is ever in problem in room is happy to fix there is a nice pool and hot tub laundry is only 75 cents there is a lovely courtyard and grill they have an excellent breakfast and free coffee anytime they provide many things for the rooms other hotels do not provide they also have a basketball court and work out room they have a lovely landscape set up to me it is more like a resort than a hotel

Room Tip: there king suites are like condo's and there penthouse suites are like large condo's
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Joseph W,

We are very pleased that you are enjoying all of the amenities at the Arbor Suites. Every one of us strive to make you feel at home during your stay. Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and thank you for choosing us as your home away from home.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is advertised as a long term stay hotel. It is an older property and it shows. However, my room was dead quiet and the bed more comfortable than most. The location is quite good--just off one of the main streets, Battlefield, and directly across from the shopping destination, Battlefield Mall. Staffer at check in was very nice and helpful. Parking was just outside my suite, so easy access. The room itself was a bit like an efficiency apartment--well set up if a little older: some wear and tear and stains, carpet frayed in a couple of places. I don't mind the wear and tear if it's reflected in the price and it is. My room had two double beds and a pull out couch--could be awesome for a family on a budget. The hotel is also pet friendly--which I appreciate. However, pet friendly does not mean friendly pets. I am not particularly afraid of any animal--including snakes. I've been around dogs and cats my entire life--and I know the difference between a growling, teeth-baring dog and a friendly one. I came back to the hotel the evening before I left to find a dog laying on the sidewalk in front of my door. It was on a leash of indeterminate length, so I gave some distance between us and spoke to the dog to gauge how friendly it was. It was not at all friendly. When it heard me, it jumped up, advanced on me, growling and baring its teeth. I backed up slowly--it rushed me, but thankfully hit the end of its leash. I went around the outside staircase to go to the front desk and the dog circled the stairs to come after me again. I got to the front desk and explained my situation and was told how nice that dog was. I was made to feel that an unattended, growling dog that chased me away from my hotel room door was a non-issue. I asked if the room next to mine could be called to put the dog in so I could get to my room. The staffer (NOT the nice gal who checked me in) walked out from behind the desk and headed outside. I again said, “If you could just call them…” I got a snippy reply, “I’m gonna look out here and see if I see him.” (Meaning the pool.) That seemed to indicate that leaving pets unattended and tied within reach of sidewalks and other residents’ doors is fine by management. The owner wasn’t at the pool, so the staffer called and the guy put his dog inside. He then proceeded to tell me that his dog only grunted, never ever growled at anyone. No one seemed to believe the dog was menacing at all. I would not want to stay here with kids—I saw at least one more, bigger dog (German shepherd sized) tied up similarly before I left.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor unit unless you have very little baggage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank R Diane H
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

R Diane H,

Thank you for the time you took to review the Arbor Suites. Although we are pet friendly, we do keep a strict policy about our pets. I do apologize for the trouble with the dog and how it was handled. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay outside of this problem and hope that you return soon. I will definetley look into revamping our pet policy and meeting with the staff about how important these problems are and that they need to be addressed immediately. Our policy does state that pets must be leashed and attended to at all times. Please feel free to contact me further about this issue.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I used Arbor as an extended stay hotel on and off for about 7 monitoring or so.... Staff very nice and helpful... My company had a very good price... Full kitchens, stove, refrigerator, stove and microwave... A little worn but what hotel isn't.... I would suggest this hotel to anyone who is going to Springfield, Missouri...

• Stayed: June 2014

Chris R,
I appreciate your business and the kind review. We really enjoyed having you and your company stay with us. Good luck to you and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Good Points
1)Friendly and Cooperative Staff
2)Cost Effective
3)Good Location

Areas for Improvement
1) 20 year old refrigerator was very noisy once the compressor kicked on.
2) Sliding glass windows were poorly insulated, which caused a cold draft to enter the room.
3) Heater was noisy as it kicked on and off in the room.
4) Rooms were not very soundproof as it was easy to hear other guests having conversations outside throughout the night.
5) TV was dated and remote was not equipped with a video mode feature.
6) Microwave Display was broken. In addition, all of the kitchen appliances were dated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Gabe S,
thank you for taking the time to review the Arbor Suites at the Mall and letting me know where we need improvements. since your stay with us, we have upgraded all of our televisions and we are now replacing the older refridgerators. We hope that you can make it back to springfield to see how much we have done!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I chose this location to save a few dollars while I was in the area for three days. The suite is a good size, with a full kitchen. The room was very clean. But there was something about this location that I just can't give more than an "average" rating. It just felt worn down and tired. However, cleanliness in a hotel room is my first priority, and this was clean. Overall, I don't think you will go wrong staying here as long as the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed in the penthouse suite and for the money it was worth it. Huge space for our three kids. 2 bathrooms which was really nice and a full kitchen. Overall the experience was good the only negative thing that my husband and I had about the hotel was the breakfast. Even though it was a "hot" breakfast the biscuits were right out of the fridge cold so you had to warm them up before you put your gravy on. Not a huge deal though!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Having returned to Springfield after being away for 23 years, my stay at Arbor Suites was a great one! From the cleaniness of the room to the friendliness of the front desk, I can't say enough good things about this place. Extremely quiet, safe and close to everything. I will be staying here again on my next trip through in October.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ThankYouFromArbor, Manager at Arbor Suites At The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

jrwetz,

Thank You so much for the wonderful review on trip advisor.. From our housekeeping department to maintenance and front desk staff we strive to make everyone feel as though they are returning home to us. We look forward to your return in October and again Thank You.