“Best Hotel for your Money”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I love Drury Inn hotels! I always try to stay in one when I travel if there is one nearby. I am a Gold Key Rewards Member which is their frequent guest program. So when we stayed at the Springfield, MO location back in June of this year, we had the room for free because we had enough points accumulated for the free night. You get a lot of freebies here, soda and popcorn until 10pm, free breakfast, free evening beverages and hot snacks from 5-7pm, free wifi, parking, long distance, and more. The rooms are nice and have comfortable beds, nice tvs with cable/satellite and HBO, microwaves and mini-fridge. The people are always nice and they usually have an inside/outside pool.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I always stay at Drury because I enjoy the free dinner and breakfast they offer, and for a family if four it means major savings plus they have military discount. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable, my only complaint in my most recent stays is that the hot tub water is always nasty. They would probably need to clean it a couple of times a day to make sure all the guests enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The part I enjoyed most was the breakfast. They had a great selection of food. However we were really looking forward the the "freebie" drink / food that they have. Our fault since we arrived 5 minutes past the time they serve it but I asked if we could still participate and the front desk didn't even try to see what they could do. I'm not one to push it but if I did MAYBE they would have given us something. Like I said, our fault anyway.

When we got to our room, it smelled funky.. almost like someone smoked in there even though its labeled as a non-smoking room. I thought about complaining but we were running late for an event we needed to get to so I left it alone and when we got back late that night we slept in the room.

All in all, it wasn't terrible but I will try other hotels before coming back here.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our housekeeping and front desk teams. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. If you do have a concern during your stay please let the front desk know and we'll be happy to help address any questions or concerns. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We spent one night here without reservations on May 26, The front desk clerk was very accommodating with a reasonable rate and excellent room. I particularly liked the granite counter tops, the bedding, the TV with multiple channels including HBO, the shampoo, body gel and conditioner dispenser in the shower, the extra towels, etc.The food and drinks that evening were good as was the breakfast the next morning. I wish there was a Drury in more cities. Our only other experience was at the Drury in Meridian, MS and it was equally good. While we came across this Drury and the one in Meridian by chance, we now carry their locations guilde in our glove-box.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was very good and was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I only stayed one night, but this is an excellent hotel. It has easy access to the Interstate, and because of the traffic light turning right or left is equally easy. There are a number of hotels at this exit. The architecture suggests that most of the hotels where built in the 1980s or 1990s. Don't let the older architecture of this Drury Inn fool you, the inside is very well maintained and the housekeeping is spotless.

I arrived in the last 15 minutes of the evening reception. Sarah at the front desk quickly got me checked in and worked extra hard to find me a very quite room, which I appreciated. The folks working the reception where kind enough to wait for me to get a plate and a drink before they closed up. The beds were very nice; soft yet firm. The morning complementary breakfast was very filling and tasty and again the folks working the breakfast were wonderful. I had a very restful night and will certainly stay at this Drury Inn next time I am in Springfield.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Was looking for a clean comfortable room and we found it here. The morning breakfast was adequate. Parking was close to access doors. The location is close to the interstate making it easy to get around town. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

May sound like a war medal but that is how I felt last time we stayed there, it was actually the 3rd time, this particular time i had to go to work and my wife stayed in the hotel while I was gone, 5:00PM till almost 11:30 PM, She has a illness and needs to take her medication at specific times, I tried calling her in the room and for some reason was unable to reach her, call ed the front desk back, told them of the need. The desk clerk said she would take care of it.

Went to our room on the 5th floor, knocked until she woke her up, helped her find the medicine and made she took it as i had explained on the phone, then she called me back at the arena and told me all was well. To me this is a service above and beyond the service expected.

We stay at the Drury Hotels when ever possible and find them all expertly staffed with fantastic personal always pleasant and willing to help, plus they have fantastic up to date beds and a great evening snack and better then average breakfast every morning, for the money it is worth the difference from a basic motel.

Room Tip: Would have to stay up late to find something I don't like about this hotel, just nice place to s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business