“My favorite hotel to stay in”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Fenton, Missouri
“My favorite hotel to stay in”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have two children that attend MO State University in Springfield, MO so I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years. They have recently remodeled and this hotel is even better looking in the lobby and in the rooms! The rooms are comfortable and priced well. If there are three or four of us staying at the hotel we get the suite with a king bed in one room and a fold out couch in the other. The fold out couch is actually okay. Each room is decent sized and both have a TV set. The hot breakfast is awesome! Sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits with gravy, and a waffle maker are available besides the usual breakfast foods (bagels, doughnuts, toast, cereal, etc.). Free fountain soda and popcorn are available pretty much all day I believe until 10:00 p.m. They used to have a dinner buffet which was mostly finger foods but I am not sure they are still doing that. I use this hotel as the standard that I judge other hotels by. The other good hotel in Springfield to stay at is the GreenStay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank karrygdar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Yellville, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We have struggled to find a good place to stay in Springfield, and are glad to finally find the Drury Inn. First of all, they have true suites with separate rooms and doors, great for our large family. The indoor/outdoor pool is also very nice. Free breakfast and supper help keep eating out costs down.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie-Rx
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were on our way to a weekend trip to Branson, and decided to leave early and stop off in Springfield, MO. We love the Drury hotel chain, so we were anxious to try out a new location. We stayed on a Thursday evening and the hotel was not very full. This allowed my kids to have the pool completely to themselves. That never happens, so they were ecstatic! The hotel provides a free hot breakfast as well as free food at 5:30 each night. The food is pretty average but the kids like it and it’s free, so we don’t complain!

I read on their website that this hotel location was currently under renovation. The second and third floors were both closed but we were placed in a room on the fourth floor and it was really nice. You could tell that it was one of the recently renovated rooms as it smelled of new carpet and fresh paint. It was modern, clean, and spacious. The front desk clerk was kind enough to let us know that the renovation work would start at 8:00 a.m. and we may experience some noise. Luckily, we were planning to get on the road about this time, so it was not a problem for us. Due to the construction, the back part of the parking lot was closed off for dumpster, work trucks, etc., so it did limit the parking a bit. My only complaint is that the back elevator had a strong odor. I am guessing that this is because of the construction and the contractors were probably hauling chemicals, paints, etc. in this elevator. The main/front elevator was just fine.

Overall, we really liked the Springfield Drury and can’t wait to come back when it is completely renovated!

Room Tip: Elevators are quite slow. Ask for a room on a lower level.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manteca, California
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I love the Drury.. Not this time, but I am giving them a huge shout out because they made me happy. WE checked in there was renovation going on and they didn't tell me. Noisey and dusty and a mess. Couldn't use the pool.. ETC ETC.. I wrote to them and complained and they totally said sorry and made me happy. I have 5 more nights scheduled on this trip at Drurys and i will stay at them. You just can't go wrong. Ask if they under renovation. I understand that they have to do upgrades, but you should know before you get there. :) They even checked out my future stays and let me know.. Perfect Customer relations and problem solving. Great Breakfast and dinner and popcorn.. Thank you Drury for making me a happy customer :)

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask about renovations.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally J
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 September 2013

While our daughter was attending MSU, my husband and I stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is very courteous and the rooms always comfortable and clean. The free drinks and food in the evening and free breakfast is definitely a perk. You won't be disappointed if you need a place to stay in Springfield, Missouri.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Decatur,Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a bunch to choose from when we traveled through Springfield,Mo. To Branson.. the Drury inn on Glenstone was beautiful !!
Very clean and had one of the best continental breakfast I have ever had !! More like a buffet in a nice restaurant !

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just here for the night as we travel through, and definitely enjoyed the stay as usual. Staff extremely courteous, good full breakfast (sausage, eggs, waffles, various donuts and muffins). Pretty little Inn and very clean.

Room Tip: Good place and price.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family