“Nice stay but rushed to checkout by housekeeping”

Arbor Suites Medical Mile
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had a non smoking room on the lower level at the corner of the building. The room was great. It was large and comfortable and, more importantly, it was clean. The pool area was nice, and again, it was clean. Breakfast was ok. My only complaint, and it's a big one as far as I'm concerned, is that housekeeping was knocking on my door at 9am to get in and clean. I don't mean I was staying multiple nights and they wanted to get in and make my bed and give me clean towels. I was only registered for 1 night. I made sure to ask about checkout time when I checked in and I was told it was 11am. I got up early the next morning, saw my mom at the hospital, came back to the hotel and had breakfast, got back to my room right at 9 and intended to go to the pool for a little bit before taking a shower and checking out to go back to the hospital. BUT I was only in my room for a couple of minutes when housekeeping was knocking at my door wanting to know when I'd be leaving so she could get in and clean. I felt like I was being rushed out of there so I skipped the pool, took a quick shower, packed up and checked out. I didn't have the "do not disturb" sign on the door since I always thought those were for if you were staying more than one night, but if I stay again, I'll make sure to put out the sign before I go to bed at night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AuntSarah
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

AuntSarah,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay with us here at Arbor Suites Medical Mile. I am happy to hear that everything with your stay was clean. I am however very sorry that you felt rushed out of your room. That is not how we want our guests leaving us. I have spoken with my housekeeping team and this is sure to never happen again. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel so that we can discuss this further. I hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My sister and I recently stayed two nights, and had a great experience at this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. I liked that there was a separate area with a sofa and desk to sit in. With so many rooms, it's just the beds. We didn't have any problems with noise, even though we were facing the highway. We didn't hear ambulances or helicopters either, even with as close as we were to the hospital. The only noise we did hear, and this is my only complaint about the place, was the sound of someone cleaning our window at 8 AM with a squeegee. We had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door because we'd had a long night and wanted to sleep in, but we were woken up anyway. Still, that's a minor complaint for what was otherwise an amazing hotel stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Muckalarkuary,
It is always nice to hear when we are doing a good job! Thank you for letting us know! We are sorry that you were disturbed that morning with the sound on your window. I am happy to hear that the rest of the stay was amazing! Please if you are in the area again stay with us! Hope to see you soon, however, hopefully under better circumstances.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I see this hotel has good rating from most people so maybe it was just bad luck on our part, but the roomed smelled bad when we opened the door, my husband track it to the refrigerator there was old nasty food in the fridge. The room had a dirty feel to it and the bathroom smelled like urine. The bed was okay and it was a big room. Had some problems with drunk people hanging outside their door at 12:30 at night yelling and being loud. I did not call front desk but told the people myself that we did not check in here to here people yelling we had came to sleep, since we had been on road for 14 hours, they did go in their room after that. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Rosered231,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Arbor Suites Medical Mile. I am sorry to hear that your stay was so unpleasant. This is not how we wish for your stay to go. I would appreciate a chance to discuss this with you. Please contact me at the hotel at your earliest convenience. I would like for you to stay with us again and see the way it is supposed to be.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had to stay here for a day when my dad was in the hospital. The rooms were clean and I heard the breakfast was good, however I ate at the hospital. We had a highway side room and the door did not have a good seal to you could hear the highway traffic all night. I was too tired to care though. Discounted rate due to medical emergency. I'd stay here again if I had to without question.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Mynanimal
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment about your recent stay. I'm glad that everything worked out with the room. We are sorry to hear the reason that you were here was a family emergency. If you are in the area again we hope that you decide to stay with us again! Hope al is well with your dad!

Thank you!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We didn't bring our dog. Room 128 smelled like wet dog. I don't like the smell of wet dog. I had someone above exercising or rearranging furniture at 2:00 in the morning. No chance of sleeping for me! Breakfast was good. It ended at 9:00 and so we felt like we had to hurry. Don't know why the young staff member just sat at a table in the dining room and watched TV. I think she was monitoring the food. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 2paradise
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

2paradise
Thank you for leaving us a comment about your recent stay! I am very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't good. It is our main goal to insure the satisfaction of each and every guest. If you would please contact me here at the hotel I would like a chance to discuss this with you. Please feel free contact me.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while Christmas shopping in Springfield, Missouri. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and exceeded our expectations. The beds and pillows were very nice, allowing us to sleep very well.

The restroom was clean and convenient.

The Wi-Fi worked great!

Parking was right outside the door. Even though the highway was nearby, we weren't bothered with the noise.

I definitely recommend this hotel. I will stay here the next time I need to stay overnight in Springfield.

Room Tip: You might ask to be away from the highway, although the noise wasn't a factor. We were on the lo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dyana221,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at Arbor Suites Medical Mile. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay! It makes us overjoyed to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We work very hard to insure all of the guests needs are met. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed at this motel in Springfield, MO while moving from Arkansas to Michigan last May. Got a spectacular rate last-minute using priceline's bidding process ($29 plus tax, came out to about $40). For that price this place cannot be beat. They have a lot of clients that are visiting the adjacent Cox hospital and for that reason they have a good attention to detail on cleanliness and customer service.

I was pleasantly greeted when I arrived and assigned a lower floor room which was spacious and clean. I was able to park my car, which was packed with possessions as I was moving, outside my window which made me very comfortable as the car was loaded with stuff.

I had a pleasant night's sleep and a good breakfast. Their breakfast isn't the best I've had but plenty sufficient for a bite before hitting the road. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which was great as I'd brought some snacks for the road which I was able to keep cool. The TV is an older style CRT monitor but I was basically there to get a good night's sleep so it did not matter too much to me.

Overall, good choice for the one night stop.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking a moment to give us feedback about your stay! It is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was comfortable. My team and I strive to make sure that each guest’s stay is comfortable and that we meet their needs. We work very hard to make sure that customer service and cleanliness are our top priority. It’s always nice to hear when we are doing something right. Thank you again for taking the time. We hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay with us again!