“1ST Time Staying”

Comfort Inn & Suites Springfield I-44
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Very nice hotel-room was good- table in room was small to use as work area- hard to figure out how to input channels on TV- dinning area seemed a little small but food was good especially the actual size donuts and pastries- gentleman at front desk for check in was very friendly and efficent. Many variety of food choices in area with out having to drive far- easy in and back to expressway. Liked this hotel alot. Sink is in room and bath is rather small. very friendly hotel staff and quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
CassandraDehn, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Springfield I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay. We utilize your comments to better serve our guests and thank you for your honesty. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is a good choice for the business traveler. The hotel is located near many stores and restaurants. The staff is very attentive and the hotel is extremely quiet. Hi Speed internet is flawless and the A/C is ice cold. Minor negatives include a shower with not so hot water and a breakfast that is mediocre at best. However, the latter points would not in any way deter me from staying at this hotel again. The hotel more than met my expectations and is a good home base for Springfield business.

Room Tip: Top floor, north side rooms are library quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
CassandraDehn, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Springfield I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Your business is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet your needs. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

Thank You for Your Feedback!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We were pleased with our stay at this hotel. The front desk is very friendly. The 2 queen room was oversized. We had plenty of room for the crib that we requested (which was present in the room upon check in).They had 2 complimentary bottles of water in the room when we entered along with a personalized letter welcoming us to their hotel. If I were picky, I would note that the pool was smaller than we expected. The pool room is huge, but the pool itself is a kidney bean shape which really cuts down on the size of the pool. On the upside, the hours that the pool is open is 7am-11pm, which is longer than most hotels. This gives the kids longer to swim especially when you check in a little later in the evening. Something else that I noticed was that there was not a heater in the bathroom. This is something I wouldn't have thought of before I stayed in a room that didn't have one. I missed it when it wasn't there. We did hear a lot of foot noise from the floor above. Perhaps I would advise to ask for a room on the top floor to solve that problem. Breakfast was yummy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

It is an older hotel that has been maintained well. Nice breakfast bar.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while visiting Springfield with two grandchildren. Overall, everything was very good. Our room was clean and well-appointed. We had plenty of towels. The lightbulb in the bathroom was very dim - apparently part of the LEED aspects involves slow to brighten bulbs. Ours however didn't brighten at all. We saw a maintenance man in the hall and mentioned it to him. He got our permission to come into the room while we were out and replaced the bulb or unit (not sure which). I don't consider it a negative that something didn't work; I do consider it a positive that it was repaired promptly. Breakfast was more than adequate for our purposes. Make your own waffles were popular with the kids. I would like them to put a clock in the pool so I don't need to carry my watch or a phone. Other than that, it was a good place to stay and I'd stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are at pool level. The front desk and breakfast are on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay, we take your comments very seriously and utilize those comments to better serve our guests. I have mentioned your suggestion of a clock in the pool area to our General Manager for further approval. Great idea!

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Good hotel -- clean room and good breakfast. Parking was a little inconvenient - needed stairs to get to first floor or a long walk. Our room was near the ice machine, so a little noisy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay, we take your comments very seriously and utilize those comments to better serve our guests. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Great hotel and pool. If you olan in eating breakfast get there early because seats are limited. Pool is awesome onky issue was our room smelled musky. Overall great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
CassandraDehn, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Springfield I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

I apologize that your room had a musky smell. I have passed your issue to Maintenance so he can address the problem and correct from happening in the future.