“Nice overnight stay”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
“Nice overnight stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for one night in July 2013 with a family member as we traveled across the country on a moving trip.
Check-in was uneventful and the rate I was billed was true to the rate in my reservation. At the time, the hotel seemed a little tired but I believe it has been or is in the process of renovation since then. The rooms were clean and we enjoyed a good night sleep. The location was excellent for us, right off the freeway, yet we did not hear any excessive noise from the roadways, the room was quiet. Breakfast was adequate and the eating area was clean. We were greeted warmly at check-in by Tony and his assistant. For supper, we were able to walk to a Ruby Tuesdays, conveniently located a very short distance to the hotel. There was ample parking space in the rear of the hotel and we felt safe in the environs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Michael_Coffman, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hello MerryGoWorld,

It is so great that you remembered us almost a year after your stay! I hope that the move was successful and you all are safe and in good health. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your in-depth review. You touched on almost everything; the cleanliness, convenience, accuracy, and great staff service. I am so glad that we left a lasting impression on you!

I hope that if you are ever back our way that you will stop in and give us another opportunity to provide you with another great experience!

Take care,
417-869-8246 ext. 103

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This was being renovated when we stayed and is closer to the highway than I prefer, but we wanted to give it a try. Staff was 5-Stars, but premises were three. Maybe will try it again after their construction work is done.
(The manager called shortly after we checked in to confirm all was well, a very nice touch. And followed up w/ a thank you note too, for just one night. Very nice.)

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ChDP
Dear ChDP,

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review us on TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate your remarks regarding a "5-Star" staff. We pride ourselves on making you feel right at home when you are staying with us!

I also appreciate your feedback regarding our premises. We are making every effort during this time of transition and enhancement to make the impact of our renovations as minimal as possible on our valued friends and guests. I know that during this time the aesthetics of some of our public spaces is lacking but we are extremely excited about the beautiful transformation that is about to occur. I think that we are more excited to see what our guests are going to think and say than for us to see the final product! I can hear it now, "Wow, are you sure this is a Comfort Inn & Suites?"

I sure hope you will stop in and see us next time you are in Springfield. I'm not the betting type, but I am confident that we will get that "5-Star" on our premises from you! Thanks again for your review. It only helps us become better.

Kindest regards,
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stay at this motel often i have to say i am very pleased with the increadible service u receive and u can always count on a smiling face when walking in the door! I will trutly miss Tony and hes why i started staying here...Kind, friendly, and knows his job and hes training Lechunda to continue to take care of the guests....And i have to say she is doing a Great Job.....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tina B
Michael_Coffman, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Tina B,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I really appreciate your kind words. It pleases me to hear that you have had such great experiences over the past few years. We hope to continue to provide you with that great service and the fresh and comfortable accommodations that you have come to know and love.

Kindest regards,
Toronto
Reviewed 7 April 2014

"We stay at Comfort Suites frequently but this Inn is in need of remodeling. The rooms are very tired but the rate is the same as new Comfort Suites. There was also a charge posted on our bill for "Safe Warranty" of $1.00. The charge is removed if you ask about it but I am sure some people fail to notice it.To me this is just a fee grab. Other Comfort Inns at least had posted a sign about the fee. Check your bill. It is less about the amount and more about the principal of the charge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael_Coffman, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear LoftyVictoria,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback as am always looking for ways to improve our guests' overall experience. On behalf of my team I want to apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Our committment to satisfaction guarantee is something in which we pride ourselves and, therefore, do not take lightly.

I notice in your comments that you mention our facility to be a Comfort Suites; an upper scale property in the Choice Hotels International portfolio consisiting of 100% suites. I want to apologize for any confusion as this may be where we fell short in your expectations. We, on the contrary, are a Comfort Inn. The majority of our well-appointed guest rooms are standard 2 queen or 1 king bed rooms. We do, however, offer about 20 executive king suites on our third floor that cater to the business traveler. This is why we have the "& Suites" title. I humbly draw the comparison in case the expectation was for that of the upper-scale Comfort Suites.

In our local market here on the north side of Springfield, we strive diligently to price our accommodations competitively. We typically position our rates at least $5 to $15 less than our upper/mid-scale competitors. We position ourselves there because we commenced a full scale renovation to our facility in February of this year. Our third floor was under renovations while you were staying with us. I make the assumption that you were not aware as indicated by the title of your review. The ongoing renovation is also the reason that you gathered in our conference center to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast. We have temporarily relocated the serving area as we finalize the last planning details on our brand new and expanded breakfast area. We are very excited and looking forward to these beautiful enhancements!

I also want to apologize for the confusion regarding our optional safe warranty fee. As an added security, we offer safes in all of our guest rooms. We provide a $5000 liability warranty in the unexpected event that something were to be stolen from a guest's safe by forced entry. We have a sign posted at the front desk above the surveillance monitor regarding the nominal fee as well as the fee notated on the registration that is signed during the check-in process. The registration states that the fee may be refused and removed at check-in or check-out. Additionally, the fee is also notated on the homepage of our website: www.comfortinn.com/hotel/mo103. Again, I want to apologize that this has been perceived as a fee grab. I will be looking into making additional efforts to make our warranty fee more visible.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Choice Hotels. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience. Our renovations are scheduled for completion in September. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or comments. I am always eager to find ways in which we can improve.

Kind Regards,
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our stay here was very nice. The staff were helpful and very friendly. Rooms were very clean and bed slept like a dream. Breakfast was great and the indoor pool and hottub was wonderful.One of the unique things of this hotel were the murals in the lobby and the pool area. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Springfield..
Whitney & Derek

• Stayed April 2014
Dear derektennison,

Happy Anniversary! We are honored that you chose to spend your anniversary here at Comfort Inn & Suites - Springfield, Missouri. We are additionally excited that we met all of your expectations. This is something that we diligently strive to achieve.

We want to thank you for such a positive and honest review. We appreciate all of the feedback that we receive through social outlets as it helps our future booking guests know what they can come to expect when they choose to spend their time and hard-earned money with us. Through a dedicated and committed staff, we are able to remain one of the highest ranked hotels in Springfield. No one wants any negative surprises when they are traveling.

Again, congratulations on your anniversary. Maybe we will see you again next year. You are always welcome.

Regards,
Springfield, Missouri
Saint James, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked the room so we could attend the RV Show at the fair grounds. The hotel and staff both great. The pool area was wonderful, clean pool was a little chilly. But the hot tub was nice. Our room was very clean, I love the fact that when you put something in the fridge it was already cool. I just wish the coffee maker was one the didn't require a pot. I worry about that and being able to keep it clean.
I would recommend this property to friends and family!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear kimberbi,

We are so glad that you stayed with us while visiting the RV show at the Ozarks Empire Fairgrounds. It is great that we are so conveniently located close to the venue.

Thank you for the kind words regarding your accommodation and guest service experience. We pride ourselves on creating an atmosphere where you can feel that you are right at home. I am additionally pleased that you were able to take advantage of our beautiful indoor pool and spa. It is always a topic of conversation with our guests! It truly is a little piece of paradise with the tropical-themed mural.

I understand your concern regarding the coffee makers that require a carafe. Though we have strict guidelines for sanitizing our carafes, we are in the process of replacing all of our coffee makers with single-cup brewers to remove all doubt. In fact, to date most of our guest rooms are already equipped with the single cup brewing machines. Your feedback helps validate the decision we have made to do so.

Again, I want to thank your for staying with us and we look forward to you stopping in next time you are back our way!

Warmest Regards,
Springfield, Missouri
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Tony greeted me upon my arrival and recognized and commented on my Choice Privileges status. I rewarded him with a points card. He was great! I showed up with co-workers on a job in town, and Tony was just as friendly with all of us.
I received a call every evening to see if everything with the room was satisfactory. The hotel was in the process of being remodeled, but everything was clean and I was perfectly comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kfletch53
Dear kfletch53,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. More importantly, thank you for your loyalty to Comfort Inn & Suites - Springfield, Missouri! We enjoy having you when you are in Springfield.

It pleases me to know that you had such a great experience with us and the feedback helps us to guage how well we are meeting our valued guests' needs.

Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the near future!

Kind regards,