“great people,great property but almost no sleep because of dog barking” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Sullivan

Comfort Inn Sullivan
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sullivan
Marietta, Ohio
“great people,great property but almost no sleep because of dog barking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I hate to give this place such a low rating but I feel its necessary because of barking dog in next room....to start with I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay large parking lot for semi trucks behind motel..property looks nice lady at check in was very courteous and friendly room was around $100.00 got to room it was nice clean,well lit AC worked well shower very clean and bed comfy ..when I checked in I ask for the top floor because I would be sleeping in late afternoon and leaving at midnight...everything was great till about 800pm when a dog in the room next to me started barking and woke me up so I called the front desk they said they would call the room..weather they did or not I do not know but the barking dog continued to bark periodically through the evening/ night...if they want to allow animals here they should be in a room away from others in my opinion I paid $100.00 to get very little sleep and then leave at midnight to drive a hazmat truck 14 hours on very little sleep..If not for the dog this would have been a great stay but due to the noise it was a horrible stay and I doubt if I would stay again which is sad because this is a nice place but I will not pay that kind of money and not get good sleep

Room Tip: make sure and ask not to be in a room people with pets if they cant control them and you are plannin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank teamster175

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight at this property on a Friday and were very satisfied with the way things went. We had reserved a 2-queen bed room(got it), which had a fridge and a microwave (were surprised). The beds were comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning was hot, fresh and the staff were on their feet to keep it nicely stocked (lots of guests at the same time when we went).
The tv remote in our room was non-functional.
Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank springfield_gsogs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The A/C was on and working when we walked into our room (nice in July). 100% non-smoking hotel. Room was clean and fresh. Staff was friendly and professional. Easy walk to Cracker Barrel. Definitely will stay here again. About an hour from St. Louis, so was a good stopping point for us.

My peeve is hotels that put a fitted sheet on the mattress, which does not work. The Comfort Inn makes the bed with real fitted sheets. Nice. Lots of pillows (both firm and soft). Plenty of bath linens. Lots of cups and glasses. Free wifi, coffee maker, fridge w/ freezer in room. Guest laundry and ice on each floor. Very nice amenities.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice. No traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cabin m
Hazelwood, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Happy stay...love being a Choice Privilege member...always nice staff...clean...comfortable rooms...the indoor pool could've been warmer...but the hot tub was great! Wonderful hot breakfast with all the extras!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We used the property as an overnight stay Above average comfort inn, desk girl was friendly. Helpful, A few places to eat and store close. Easy truck parking. Rooms clean. Breakfast average for comfort inn. Gym could use an update. Would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently because I didn't want to go to St. Louis or back to Rolla. I had never been here before and was uneasy. However, this hotel was quite nice and very clean. They also mentioned upgrades are about to start; this is great! Better to be a little early on upgrades instead of too late. Overall, a nude place and I will be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

As usual, another enjoyable stay. Everything was above average to excellent and I would as always recommend this Inn to everyone. It has always been a pleasure staying here and I have stayed each year I have visited Sullivan since the facility opened.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Benny M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sullivan
Baymont Inn & Suites Sullivan
#4 of 6 in Sullivan
Super 8 Union
Super 8 Union
#1 of 1 in Union

Been to Comfort Inn Sullivan? Share your experiences!