“Enjoy this Refuge - Famous for Maxi the Goose nearby”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Swan Lake National Wildlife Refuge
Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you like outdoor areas, this is one of the nicest drives. There is an interpretive center at the headquarters.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have to type fifty characters to satisfy TripAdvisor and get out of this screen.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I went to Swan Lake with my kids in December 2011. I knew ahead of time per their website that part of the refuge was closed but decided to go anyway. There is a short hike from the visitor center to a viewing platform where we saw many waterfowl. Several bald eagles and deer were also visible. My kids enjoyed the hike and we found many animal tracks along the way. Overall the experience was good.

The visitor center was open but no one came to the desk while we were in there.

Also note that the town of Sumner and neighboring towns did not seem to have any restaurants. We drove about an hour after our visit before we found a small cafe to eat lunch. A picnic lunch would be good to bring.

I would visit again but definitely when more of the refuge is accessible and more wildlife can be seen.