“Bad experience - and I want you to know.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bear Bottom Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunrise Beach
Bear Bottom Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
“Bad experience - and I want you to know.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The rooms are beyond disgusting. They are dank, smelly, unclean, and full of bugs. There is NO way the sheets, much less comforters, were cleaned!! The beds touch the ground allowing bugs to crawl everywhere.
I was so upset that I didn't sleep either night.

The band crapped out and didn't play so we had no band either night.

The beat part of the experience is who u go with- nothing that has anything to do with the accommodations!!! GROSS!!!!

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank DogloverG

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We were suppose to stay for 3 nights.... we only stay ONE night! That place is PITTIFUL! Our vacation was such a waste! :(

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kwstorm24
springfield il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

I read the reviews before visiting and I'm here to set the record straight. This is a great resort for families with 2 waterslides, 2 pools, fireworks on Saturday night. But without children this is also a fun resort. 2 bars, live music in the evenings and close to a lot of other resorts like Franky & Louie's. Just remember you are staying at the lake...it's not the Hilton but the rooms are very clean, tastefully decorated and the kitchenettes are ideal for extended stays. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Friends visited us during the stay at Bear Bottom and were very impressed with the facilities and the service.
My only suggestion to the staff...with the many trees around the pool it could use a skimmer on the deck. We were willing to skim the pool each morning but couldn't find the equipment. All in all, I give it 5 stars and I am a picky consumer. Trust me, you will not be disappointed, unless it rains, but who can control that?

Room Tip: Small rooms-you may want to request a larger one
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank twinsis71
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

Visited on Sunday before Memorial Day so the kids could ride the water slides. It was crowded and I waited at the pool bar and had a beer. I could never get close to getting another so left and paid by credit card but did not receive a receipt when my card was returned. My bill the next month showed I had been charged for a few beers. I did call the resort and talked with a "manager" who reviewed the record and indicated that a credit would be issued. Of course the credit did not appear on the next two billing cycles. So, I again called and talked with another "manager" who reviewed the billing and also said he would take care of it and issue a credit. The credit has never appeared. They will never see another cent from me and my family If they're willing to sacrifice their honesty (for about eight dollars). I would recommend Captain Ron's, Coconuts, or Frankie and Louie's but never this place - and I used to visit it before it became Bear Bottoms when it used to employ honest people.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank tdglad
Saint Clair, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Was suppose to stay 2 days only stayed one. Rooms were newly remodeled. The website gave the impression the resort was only a few minutes from all the fun. It was actually about 30 minutes away. Have to pay a toll fee each time. Bathroom was very small. To give the kids a shower we had to almost have them step out of the shower to rinse them. When I took a shower the floor of the shower was slimmy. Also when my son got in his bed there were crumbs in the bed. He ended up sleeping with me. I checked out the next morning. The young ones had fun on the water slide & the pool was good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank bgga
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stay at Cottage 3-4, the room were clean and had everything we needed. If we ran out of anything all we had to do was ask. The owner Melissa was awesome, she came over to where we staying to make sure everything was fine. We came down with two others couples, we all agreed that everything about the resort was great!! We had so much fun on the waterslides also.
Thanks Melissa and Staff.

Tanya K

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reggie09Omaha
boomboomdaddy, Owner at Bear Bottom Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2010
Thanks for your review. It's always good to hear from happy customers
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

I just had a great Saturday at Bear Bottom Resort!!! I had a clean room, could have gone on the Water Slides(looked like lots of fun!), and had a great meal in a pleasant surrounding.
My French Dip was excellent, piled high with beef. The Onion rings were very tasty, not greasy at all. My Ice Tea was refilled even before I asked. The service was second to none. There was live music in the evening, and the owner Matt Sutcliffe sat in with the band...very entertaining!
If you would like a really fun time, great food, and live music, along with a nice place to stay...come to Bear Bottom Resort!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,023 reviews
Lake Breeze Resort
Lake Breeze Resort
#2 of 4 in Camdenton

Been to Bear Bottom Resort? Share your experiences!