“Wouldn't stay again”
Review of Bear Bottom Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunrise Beach
Bear Bottom Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
Saint Clair, Missouri
“Wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Was suppose to stay 2 days only stayed one. Rooms were newly remodeled. The website gave the impression the resort was only a few minutes from all the fun. It was actually about 30 minutes away. Have to pay a toll fee each time. Bathroom was very small. To give the kids a shower we had to almost have them step out of the shower to rinse them. When I took a shower the floor of the shower was slimmy. Also when my son got in his bed there were crumbs in the bed. He ended up sleeping with me. I checked out the next morning. The young ones had fun on the water slide & the pool was good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank bgga

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Omaha
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stay at Cottage 3-4, the room were clean and had everything we needed. If we ran out of anything all we had to do was ask. The owner Melissa was awesome, she came over to where we staying to make sure everything was fine. We came down with two others couples, we all agreed that everything about the resort was great!! We had so much fun on the waterslides also.
Thanks Melissa and Staff.

Tanya K

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reggie09Omaha
boomboomdaddy, Owner at Bear Bottom Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2010
Thanks for your review. It's always good to hear from happy customers
Missouri
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I just had a great Saturday at Bear Bottom Resort!!! I had a clean room, could have gone on the Water Slides(looked like lots of fun!), and had a great meal in a pleasant surrounding.
My French Dip was excellent, piled high with beef. The Onion rings were very tasty, not greasy at all. My Ice Tea was refilled even before I asked. The service was second to none. There was live music in the evening, and the owner Matt Sutcliffe sat in with the band...very entertaining!
If you would like a really fun time, great food, and live music, along with a nice place to stay...come to Bear Bottom Resort!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Had lunch here. The food was bad and the service worse. Saw a sign here for Aloha Watersports. Called and reserved two wave runners. Should have known better. Aloha showed up 2 1/2 hours earlier than scheduled and seem aggravated that we wouldn't take them at that time. Found out later that they charged my credit card without authorization for fuel. A charge they never verbally disclosed and despite assurances from the rep that the only charge was the rental fee and tax unless there was damage to the watercraft. Do yourself a favor and if you visit the Lake of the Ozarks, deal with a reputable rental company.In my opinion this guy is not.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mudandlumber
st louis
Reviewed 21 July 2009

bear bottom is a great family get away, the food was good and the beer was the coldest ive ever had any where on the lake. the slides were amazing me and the kids had a great time we will be returning again in sept., iam not really sure what happend with the ppl that wrote the reviews before me but i was treated very well Matt, his wife whos name i cant rember and Matt's son mark were all very neat ppl who will do almost anything for there guest, i would say what probably happened was that they came to bear bottom with a bad aditude looking for a reason to complain and when you brought your complants to matt you didnt reason with him and iam sure that matt dosent want those kind of ppl there and nither would i. and matt iam sure would have made it right if it was a falt of the resorts as ive seen him do before.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 July 2009

This is a resort catering to those with boats, the bigger, the better you are treated. If you are a guest in one of their "cabins" you are low life. If you think a 1 bedroom cabin is actually a separate bedroom , it is not. It is an efficency apt. at best. We asked in advance for a roll away and there was not one in the room. My son actually slept on his air float from the swimming pool. You also get two towels and two washcloths, so load up on towels and washcloths before you go. You do not get extras. You also do not get any pots or pans to cook with on their cookstove. Also, bring a broom as the floor gets grimy after a day or so at the lake and pool.
There is not a "office", you check in at the bar. It took us awhile to figure that one out. My son actually said while standing in line "This is not a good influence on kids". Everyone is sitting around getting drunk".
To be fair, my son ended up having a good time on the slides and the pool. He went fishing with his dad and caught a bunch. The food is pretty good at the restaraunt but gets crowded early and everyone stays till closing time, drinking, listening to music, it seems.
DO NOT GET A BOAT FROM ALOHA WATERSPORTS. They called me the morning we left for there and told us our boat we reserved to rent was not available. We reserved it in March. We had ordered a ski boat. What we got was a underpowered old pontoon boat. They also tell you they wont hold your deposit and you will have immediate access to your money....but they do. We could not get any money out of our account for the 4th of July. We reserved a jet ski for the kids and once they figured out we couldnt do it because of the $500 hold , they did not even bother to bring one to us. My kids were heart broken. Literally, they stole our vacation from us. It is Tuesday now and still it has not been released. We are now $350 overdrawn because of this "hold". It was a nightmare from the get go. I wish I had never gone. Thanks for nothing. I am more stressed out than ever.
Do yourself a favor look elsewhere for a place to stay. If you want to go to Bear Bottom , use a boat to get there and hang out for a afternoon.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
#10 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Bear Bottom Resort? Share your experiences!