“Sunset Beach Shrimp Daddy's”
Review of Shrimp Daddys

Shrimp Daddys
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We recently ate at this unbelievable restaurant, do not let the outside, the décor or the location distract you, the food is worth it. It is one of those old restaurants that still smell of cigarette smoke, you can see the kitchen from the dining room, there are red checked table clothes, wine choices are red and white, the owner is right there each night and the food is exceptional! The owner makes trips to LA every two weeks to get the food that is served, anything "shrimp" is delicious from the Etofe to the bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp and the fish sandwich. Just a down to earth eatery. Nothing fancy at all!!!

1  Thank jlw49

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our first night of vacation we wanted seafood and read reviews here. It was a drive but worth the trip. The horseradish stuffed shrimp was wrapped in bacon and delicious. I would drive there to eat it again. I had the grilled shrimp with potatoes and was disappointed to only get a handful for fourteen dollars. My son got a shrimp po boy sandwich that was piled high with shrimp and so tasty and crisp. My husband had a burger that was perfectly cooked. The owner came around and talked about our interesting dessert that comes with the check. It is a cross between pecan muffin and cookie. Really good. Seafood and burgers were really good. A must try.

2  Thank illinois101
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I can't wait to experience the southern charm , excellent food and great hospitality...this restaurant exceeded my expectations in every way......the owner was even nice enough to allow me and my boyfriend to sit at the biggest table , even though it was just us two....thank you....by the time we left we were stuffed and totally comfortable with the place .....each and every time I'm in the Ozarks or any where remotely close by I am gonna make.my.way to get piece of that ooey gooey butter cake it was stupendous....shrimp daddy's rules the Ozark country

1  Thank Brandi W
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The fine print on Shrimp Daddy's sign reads "A Dive with Dreams," perhaps in consideration of its humble building in eye-catching pink set atop a hill on the east side of Hwy 5. You can enjoy a distant view of the lake and especially in the winter, watch eagles catch the wind. We've eaten there twice and enjoyed the food both times. Blu's Poppers, cream cheese stuffed and grilled jalapeno halves, are a luscious appetizer. My husband also liked the Crawfish Pies--although like many baked pastries these small protein pasty appetizers filled with crawfish and such are more pastry than filling. The Cajun sauce accompanying them is quite fine, however. We tried traditional Louisiana foods; e.g., red beans and rice as well as gumbo. Both were just okay to our taste, but worthy flavors in a red meat, fried potatoes, catfish land such as Lake of the Ozarks. On our second visit, we shared the Cajun burger with jalapenos and onions sauteed just right. We also tried a traditional New Orleans cocktail, the Sazerac, and will go back for another. With the bill comes the lagniappe, "a little something extra," in this case, a delicious tiny bite of buttery pecan pastry in a recipe that is only known to the owners. It's all the dessert you need, but the grilled pecan pie is suitable for the most special occasion.

1  Thank RetiredTired
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We go here at least 2x a month. Love the gumbo and salad. The owner is very friendly and always makes sure everything is up to par. We take friends & family here whenever they come for a visit. Would recommend over and over!

1  Thank Darla W