“On the lake bar and grill”
Review of Papa Chubby's

Papa Chubby's
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great concept. Good location for us. Waited at least 15 minutes to get greeted by a server then waited another 40 minutes for our food...yes my husband was timing it. No in the door greeting, no thanks for coming. Too bad because the food was good once we got it.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We got to the restaurant and it was slow to moderately busy. We sat outside where there are about 10 tables and 4-5 were occupied. We sat down and we sat and we sat and we sat. No one came over to get a drink order for almost 15 minutes. When she did come over, she had attitude all over her face. She asked if she could get our drink order (I guess she was overwhelmed with the two other tables she had) and my Father in law said we are ready to go ahead and order our meal too. She said, and its not that she said it, but how she said it, "Well OK...." I should have got up then, but I didn't. I said, let's wait and see just how long our 3 sandwiches and a Chicago hot dog takes. From the time we walked in the door and sat down till the time our three sandwiches and one hot dog arrived was 61 minutes! REALLY??? AN HOUR!!!!!!! There was a period she started to pick up a little, but then she faded fast. There are just too many good restaurants at the Lake that are great.....we will be marking this one off our list and we live here full time!!!!!! Word of mouth advertising goes a long way!

2  Thank tmeyer3324
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Our favorite place on Lake of the Ozarks for waterfront pizza!!! WE have dined at this location for the past 2 years and never been disappointed. Great food and wonderful service.

1  Thank gigi6060
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I took my kids for some pizza and more swimming after a day of swimming. The beach at papa chubbys is full of big rocks, boulders, old buried metal trash, and bees and wasps. Yikes! It is not taken care of at all. The sand leads up to the water and then watch out. My kids had a difficult time getting in over the rocks, trash and bees. The pizza was quite unimpressive. It was quite thin with minimal toppings. I was charged for a specialty pizza when I ordered a half cheese half pepperoni. My $20 for the me pizza did not even fill up my kids, who asked for more to eat when we got home. The rock road to get there is less than desirable, so the water route is much better. We will not be returning,

1  Thank Krista A
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I always want to give a new restaurant a fighting chance, but something needs to change if this one is going to succeed. New building, nice lakeside location, The pizza looked awesome at the other tables, we did not try it. There were four women in our party, and even though the waitress seemed to write down our order, when it was brought out ( after more than 30 minutes on a tuesday night) half of the order was incorrect, and no salad dressing with the green salad for a third order. Slow, inattentive service. Would like to give it a try again sometime to. See if there is improvement.