“If you want to go where the locals go, don't go here because they will tell you the owner is terrible.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eagle’s Nest Resort & Vacation Properties

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunrise Beach
Eagle’s Nest Resort & Vacation Properties
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Do not stay here! We told a few locals where we were crashing for the night and they mentioned how horrible the woman is that co-owns it. She was extremely shirt to my wife the few times we needed to call her in our way in. You would have thought a small cottage would have above and beyond customer service but this place is just the opposite! We were in this arm pit of an area for a wedding reception and last minute needed somewhere for the bride and groom to crash. We got them another townhome here. They arrived with a few extra people to hang out for a bit. Sky, the woman here, was not having that. . .she said no additional people and when we tried to explain they would not be staying she tossed them from the property, including the bride and groom. Flat out, she is a terrible woman with a complete lack if understanding as to what customer service is. She is not accommodating. She is not kind or polite and in fact is quite disrespectful in the way she spoke to my wife in our way in. Save yourself a story just like this and stay somewhere else. I will be doing my part to ensure nobody ever books another night at this old and smelly cottage fun by a horrendous woman that even the locals warned us about. It was to late for us but you still have time, book elsewhere!!!
If and ONLY IF you stay here, ONLY DEAL WITH BILL.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Ucfknightalumni
eaglesnestresort, Owner at Eagle’s Nest Resort & Vacation Properties, responded to this review, 28 March 2015
I am sorry that anyone would have a negative experience at our resort. We try very hard to
accommodate in any way we can. In this instance, 5 young people (20 somethings)
booked one 2 bedroom cottage. They were attending a party down the street for a
couple that was getting married in another state the following week. At about ll pm,
they called to ask if we had a unit available for the engaged couple; they had had too
much to drink to drive to their original location. I said sure but I needed 30 minutes
to make sure the unit was totally ready, and got out of bed to get it ready. I even put
special decorations for the future bride and groom. It is a 600 sq. ft., one bedroom
townhouse. Then, 4 cars pulled up and approximately 14 people got out of their
cars, being quite loud, and clearly having had alot to drink. It was now past midnight.
Our policy is and always has been, "no visitors"; registered guests on the premises
only. We often make exception when we are notified in advance. It is an insurance
requirement that anyone on the premises fill out a Registration Form, including
"visitors". Our guests very much appreciate knowing that we know who is on the
premises. They have told me they feel safer that way as compared to a place where
people just come and go. We did have other guests here that night too. So when I said
I was sorry, but it would not be ok for 14 (clearly drunk )people, to "hang out" in the
unit, several of the group started arguing with me, yelling at me and ultimately calling me names. One said; "If I am paying $75 a night I can have anyone I da.. want to in there".
I said something like if you are going to talk to me like that, you can just leave. I was
not yelling, nor name calling or anything like that. I never would do that. During that time
period, I do acknowledge, I was probably a little less patient than I normally am. We
were dealing with a daughter dying of brain cancer. Again, I do apologise if anything
I said offended anyone. It was never my intention. Sky Johnson

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Leawood, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We planned a small family reunion for the Labor Day weekend 7 adults and 7 children. The advance planning was great and we showed up and the property was ready and Sky showed us to our units.

We had Town House East and West, Freedom Cottage, and Coco Cabana.
The Town Houses OK and Coco Cabana was nice. Freedom Cottage was a dump. It has had lots of water damage and the shower has mold in it. The pest control is non-existent and bugs and spiders were everywhere. Bill had a can of wasp spray that was it.
Sky watched us like a Hawk. Her only negative comment was when we were still loading and unloading that we parked in the wrong spot.
At the end of the trip the owner of the Coco Cabana showed up and said we had damaged the dock. The only person that was at the unit was my aunt who was watching her grandson who was ill. The owner forced her to walk down to the dock so he could show her the damage. After they walked to the dock she was told that her grandson had to have a life jacket on. These were all back at the house so she had to carry him back to the house and then walk back to the dock again. This was all for 1 broken pave stone and some rub marks on the bumper on the dock. We were then told the charge was going to be $80 for the damage. He made an older woman and sick child walk up and down a hill 4 times for $80.00 in supposed damage. This person owns the Water Taxi service at the lake who also cut us off and I had to stop the boat while pulling a tube. Guess he does not understanding boating either
We then get a phone call from Sky at how bad we had left one of the units. We requested a late check BTW Check out is 10:00 AM which I have never seen a check out that early. The complaint was we should pay her more money to clean the unit since it took sky hours and hours to clean. Sky emailed me the pictures.
We left empty plastic bags, clean dishes in the sink, a few dirty dishes, a couple of small stains on the couch (which were there before us), food in the fridge (which I have never had a cleaning crew complain about leaving them food). There was no place to throw away any trash, there were no cleaning supplies other than dish soap and there is a cleaning fee from $25 to $65 per unit. So I am not sure what the problem was.

So stay away!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank David M
eaglesnestresort, Owner at Eagle’s Nest Resort & Vacation Properties, responded to this review, 23 April 2015
First, future travelers, please know that the pictures shown here with trash in
the cabinets, on the table, etc., are not what are our units look like. On the
contrary, we are known for our cleanliness and attention to detail. Those
pictures are some of the ones sent to these guests showing the condition
they left the property in.(The ones showing the really trashed areas were not
included). Secondly, the cottage these pictures were taken in is no longer part
of our resort.

To the guests; we sincerely regret that your experience was negative. We
work very hard to do whatever we can to help create a very positive one.
We own some properties and manage some properties, and the property
you referred to was one that we manage. The owner that came to the dock
while your family was there is not someone who would purposely upset
anyone. I found out about the interaction much later, and since I was not
there, I cannot speak to what took place. It is not typical for owners of
properties to be at their properties when they are rented at all. And your
experience with him and his boat charter service is again, not something
we were at all involved with. Of course, his version of what transpired is
very different. Freedom Cottage was our oldest cottage. Regarding any
leaking in the shower, if you would have told us while here we would have
addressed the problem immediately. I know that there was not and has
never been any mold in there. Our cleaners are trained to be on the look
out for that especially in the older properties as it is very common here
at the Lake. Regarding the wasps; we exterminate monthly, every unit. I
recall that when you told us about it, my husband immediately went and
sprayed. While you were staying there, we could not have had a professional
exterminator come in. We live in an area where wasps, etc., are a constant
challenge. We are very diligent about this particularly since my husband is
very allergic to wasp bites, and he is constantly working outside. Regarding
"watching you"; we live here. And we are walking around and fixing or bringing
people things they need, etc. We never felt there was a reason to have to watch
you or anyone in your family. We are here 24/7 to provide service to our guests
as needed. About asking you to not park in my neighbor's parking; we have an
agreement with our neighbors to be sure no-one trespasses or takes their
parking spot. If I did show you where your parking was, how would you know?
Again, we are truly sorry that you had anything other than a wonderful time.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The owners are on site at all times, very friendly & great hosts! This was our 1st time to Lake of the Ozarks & they were very knowledgeable about water, boating, local events going on! Definitely a great place to stay, cost is very reasonable

• Stayed August 2013
ia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We were part of a group of eight that just got back from spending 5 nights at Eagles Nest Resorts off site house called "Haven House". We highly recommend this house for not only the beautifully decorated interior, but also the value. We were looking for a house to accommodate us all comfortably & with a dock for swimming. This was perfect for us! It was nice and quiet down in our area, but also close to hot spots such as Franky & Louie's & Captain Rons. The towns of Laurie & Sunrise Beach had all we needed for shopping & groceries. There is also a dock for renters use, but we didn't have a boat. Would like to come back to the area again some day. Working with Sky was easy & enjoyable!

Room Tip: Water taxi's do not travel this far down the lake. You will want to either rent or bring your o...