“A get away weekend to the Ozarks!”
Review of Lakeview Resort

and 1 more site!
Lakeview Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
Reviewed 22 October 2011

If the wosrt thing i can say about the four days we stayed at the resort is the coffee maker was slower than mine at home then you should realize that we had a great time! There is no room service (which we don't use anyway) the view was awsome we had a two room cottage that we shared with another couple plenty of room for the four of us. King size bed made it so I had to go find my wife in the middle of the night (used to a full sized bed) the indoor pool and hot tub were clean and open during the hours that are advertised, as far as I could tell everything on their web site was true! We didn't look for the fitness center however everything else was as advertised. By the time it was time to go home it felt like we were leaving home! No restaurant at the resort, full kitchens and grill out on the deck (grilling pad to protect from fire was there) eliminated the need. A few miles away and you can find restaurants if you so need! There is wifi and cable so your not totally back in the dark ages, but you can be if you want. We had a great trip and will be back! P.S Thank to Kathy for your recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Friendly and quiet. Very clean and many amenities that you don't think about. Outlying areas have attractions that you can visit. We went to a Bridal Cave and an afternoon cruise around the lake. Prices were more reasonable because it was off season but the regular rates would have been well worth what was provided. They provided games if you forgot yours. Room had kitchenette with all supplies. Towels were available but you returned them upon checkout. Which was not a problem at all.

Room Tip: We stayed on a bottom level room B.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The basic accommodations for our 3 bedroom/2 bath unit did not include a dishwasher. The units are double-wide mobile homes set close together which makes parking a bit challenging. Lakeview resort resembles a mobile home park. After two calls, maintenance came to fix a bathroom door handle that would not work. The office staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there for a family reunion and had a wonderful time because we could gather in the livingroom or diningroom, which were comfortable. We ate on the deck one afternoon and enjoyed the beautiful views. We had to provide our own towels, charcoal, lighter fluid, paper towel, additional (beyond 2 supplied) toilet paper and trash bags. This is more of a cabin accommodation than a "resort", but works great for families.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nanadel
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I called last minute to book a room for my parents. They accommodated me and they set it up for me to pay for the room even though I was not going to be there. My parents were very impressed with the room and loved the view. They only wished they could have stayed the entire week.

Thanks very much for making it so easy. They loved it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

When I was a child my family would come to Lakeview year after year. My Aunt Juanita Jones would rent a bus and our entire family would load up. I always loved this place because it really brought us together. We would bar-b-que, swim and jet-ski. When my Aunt got sick, the tradition stopped. I never forgot the name of this resort so three years ago, I loaded up my family and friends and we jumpstarted the tradition again. This past September was our 3rd year staying at this resort. We have stayed in cabin 20 (2bedroom) and cabin 302 (3bedroom). We love them both but the 3 bedroom is the best. We moved up due to an addition to our family and we do not regret that decision at all. This resort has quickly become my family & friend tradition. The resort is perfect for the price. The indoor and outdoor pools is clean and well kept and the jet-ski rental is super cheap. We played vollyball and tennis. We are looking forward to next year. This is a great family reunion spot.

Room Tip: The cabins by the water is the best but bring bug spray.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stay at this resort any time we go to the Lake and love it! It has everything a family needs... fishing [covered fishing dock is heated for some nice fall or winter fishing], indoor and outdoor pools are lots of fun for the kids and both are accessible easily from anywhere in the resort. The kids love the play grounds and other activities they can do... would highly recommend this resort... I wish they were pet-friendly at least for small dogs but everything else is outstanding!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the Lakeview Resort. We stayed in the What-a-View which is a trailer on the property that has an add on living room. The website stated it was a single wide trailer, so I was surprised when we pulled up and noticed it was actually a travel trailer. The trailer itself was clean, but rundown. The air conditioning units were a little scary, ie. I was hoping the air we were breathing was clean enough.
The living room area was a nice size and the kitchen/dining room was big enough for the 5 of us. The bedrooms and bathroom were extremely small - and the fact that I get claustrophobic caused me some discomfort at night when trying to sleep. One bedroom consisted of a small bed on one side and built in dresser on the other. The hallway to the bathroom ran right through the room. The second bedroom in the back has a double bed and a little shelf - room to stand next to bed and nothing else. The bathroom had a toilet, sink, and approx. 3' long bath with shower head.
There is a deck in front of the trailer but we did not use it except to BBQ. The deck is under a huge walnut tree and the deck, tables, and chairs were covered with walnut pieces, bird droppings, and leaves. I definitely was not going to use the table or sit in the chairs. I appeared that the deck had been that way for weeks. The squirrels each morning had a feast in the tree and walnuts showered down on the trailer and deck - very noisy and we also were hit with walnuts when we would go out. I don't blame the squirrels they were just storing up for the winter.
The trailer does have a great view of the lake from the living room, and different view from the dining room. The what-a-view is the cheapest rental on the property and is about $60 a night.
We enjoyed fishing off of the docks, swimming in the indoor pool and the swim dock on the lake. As stated in another review there are a lot of spider webs on the docks - it would be nice if they kept the outside areas as clean as the inside.
I would recommend this resort only if you consider it a step up from sleeping in a tent. They do have a variety of things to do, but not much to keep your interest for more than a few days. We did not have a boat, and I imagine having one there would definitely make a difference in your vacation experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
#3 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Lakeview Resort? Share your experiences!