We stayed there twice this summer and really liked it both times. Once was in a lakeside studio and the other time in their cheapest unit, a trailer/mobile with an addition built on. For the price on the trailer it was great. We had other family members traveling with us and I was paying so I needed something that could sleep us all at a super affordable price. $69.95 a night for five adults is about as super affordable as it gets. The unit had a fairly big kitchen and living room and two small bedrooms and a deck with a great view of the lake. The main dock with the fishing house was just a few steps from the unit and the outdoor pool, game room and really nice playground were just a hop, skip and jump away. Of course most of the furniture/decor was dated, it was $69.95 a night, but it was clean and everything worked as it was supposed to and it was actually bigger than I thought it would be based on the description and photos.
The studio unit had a deck that overlooked the lake and the little gravel bank/swimming area and it had an ever better view of the lake. It too was clean and everything worked as it should. The kitchen area was nice, the bed was big and comfortable and the decor and furnishings in this unit were much more updated than the trailer. The trailer falls more in the category of camping cabin and the studio in the hotel category. Both were at least as much, if not more, than I expected.
Things I wish were a bit different . . . the trailer definitely needs a better front door and there is also a black walnut tree that hangs over the deck and parking spot, and while I think the trees are beautiful, they are quite messy. My only real issue is that I wished somebody would've came and wiped down the deck furniture before we got there. I spent a fair amount of time upon arrival wiping the patio set down so we wouldn't get the sap and "tree grime" on our clothes and stuff we set on the table.I"ve had these trees and I know they can be a lot to keep up with, but I was ready to relax when I got there. That being said, for the price, I would definitely stay in the unit again, tree sap and all.
I wish the really nice pool and indoor pool and hot tub were open later, but I say that everywhere I go (I'm a night owl). Their pools were open to around ten I believe, which is pretty much standard everywhere. I have stayed at many lakeside resorts at the LOZ and the amenities here were nicer than any of the others I have been to. I like to fish and boat and swim. I like to be close to the water. I like a nice view. I like good prices and clean accommodations that have enough space that I don't want to disown my family by the end of trip. Lakeview basically accomplished all of those things, but they aren't miracle workers. After three hours in the car with my family, I'll always want to disown them. =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakeview Resort is located in Sunrise Beach, Missouri on Lake of the Ozarks and tucked on the end of three peninsulas. Lakeview Resort is your place to explore new frontiers, have quality family time, and relax as you enjoy the surroundings and embark on new adventures. Family owned and operated since 1946, we have been creating memories for families for generations. Our guests will find that our resort is unique with it's heritage. With lakefront lodging ranging from 1 to 7 bedrooms, we can handle couples to the largest of families. Accommodations at Lakeview Resort range from a cozy cottage for 2, to a deluxe penthouse 5 bedroom condo. The off season is great one of our units with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub and a lovely view of the lake. All of our units have fully equipped kitchens. We also offer RV sites with hookups for electric, water, and sewer and include use of all Lakeview amenities. Our amenities are vast and include tennis, basketball, bocce ball, sand volleyball, shuffle board, indoor and outdoor pools (including a toddler pool), sauna, boat and swimming docks, campfire sites and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Lakeview Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Resort Sunrise Beach
- Lakeview Hotel Sunrise Beach