I stayed at Lakeview Resort during the month of May. This is one of the yearly trips my family and I have taking there for the last 5 or 6 years. I rent at least two cabins every time I stay, one for my daughter and one for myself. I enjoy the out in the open camping type of atmosphere which is why I never stay in the condos. We have never had any problems with our stay until this last one. Because we come so often, the resort offers us a "Free Day." We can either come a day early which would be that Thursday, or stay until Monday. I always use the Thursday stay. We checked into the room and had a nice time all evening. That Friday morning I got my purse out of the nightstand drawer to get my M&M's and notice the bag had been chewed and little pieces of wrapper and M&M's were at the bottom of my purse. It felt so horrible to know a mice had been in my purse. I immediately called the office to let them know that mice must have been in the cabin. The lady in the office was really nice. She told me they had a mice issue before in another cabin but not that one. We also discussed how a family of foxes lived behind the unit. She sent maintenance over in which they placed three mice traps in the bedroom. I had no more problems until that that Saturday night my grandchildren and I was watching a movie in the living room when a mice ran from under the TV stand. We all jumped at the same time. I called the office but it was closed. When the office opened that morning I told the lady what the problem was, she told me that the manger would be calling me the first thing Monday morning. When I spoke to the manager on Monday he told me how sorry he was and that he would refund me half of my money to compensate for the incident. When I received the check the next week it did not show half of my resort cost. I called and spoke to him a second time. This time he stated that I got one night free so he took a percentage of that when calculating what my refund would be. This made my refund at least ninety dollars shorter that what I expected. I was really surprised because we never discussed the free night or percentages during or first five minute phone call. I tried to explain to him that we never discussed the free day, if we had I would not have agreed to that subtraction of my refund. But rudely he continued to say over and over that he told me this. Finally I said fine I will have to talk to someone else, then he made the statement " I'm doing you a favor for all I know you could have bought the mice to the with you." At that point I was shocked that a manager/owner would even make a statement like that to a customer, especially one that comes every year. I told him thank you for your time and proceeded to call other help agencies. I really hate this occurred because a whole group of my family members rent at the same time, at least 5 or more cabins or condos. I know that things are not perfect all the time as well as people sometimes get frustrated or have a lot on their mind, but not sticking to your word and insulting your customers will most of the time make your situations worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakeview Resort is located in Sunrise Beach, Missouri on Lake of the Ozarks and tucked on the end of three peninsulas. Lakeview Resort is your place to explore new frontiers, have quality family time, and relax as you enjoy the surroundings and embark on new adventures. Family owned and operated since 1946, we have been creating memories for families for generations. Our guests will find that our resort is unique with it's heritage. With lakefront lodging ranging from 1 to 7 bedrooms, we can handle couples to the largest of families. Accommodations at Lakeview Resort range from a cozy cottage for 2, to a deluxe penthouse 5 bedroom condo. The off season is great one of our units with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub and a lovely view of the lake. All of our units have fully equipped kitchens. We also offer RV sites with hookups for electric, water, and sewer and include use of all Lakeview amenities. Our amenities are vast and include tennis, basketball, bocce ball, sand volleyball, shuffle board, indoor and outdoor pools (including a toddler pool), sauna, boat and swimming docks, campfire sites and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lakeview Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Resort Sunrise Beach
- Lakeview Hotel Sunrise Beach