“Clean and quiet rooms.”

and 1 more site!
Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thayer
Reviewed 10 June 2014

There are not a lot of choices in the Mammoth Spring, AR/Thayer, MO area, but this one is the best and it is pretty nice. This has gone through a couple of transitions and was a Super 8 at one time, but now it is an independent with a nice air about it.
First I would warn you that the BNSF Railroad has a lot of workers here and the hotel is contracted to house the non-locals, so it can be full of them. So you had better call and make a reservation to ensure you a room. We were a "walk in" and the parking lot was empty, but they only had one room left and I'm certain it was due to BNSF folks staying there.
There are only a couple of things that make me like a lodging facility - clean and quiet. And MSLM offers both. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well maintained. Outside of the normal noise you will hear in 99 out of 100 motels, this one is very quiet. The location on top of a hill off the highway lends itself to this. We had a room on the rear side which offered a view of the hillside and trees behind the motel. So if you want great views, this is not the best choice.
The bed was queen size, but comfortable. I prefer king, but they do not have them here. The TV was an older CRT set that was fine, but a bit surprising not to see a flat screen of some kind. Then again, I wasn't there to watch TV anyway.
There is a free breakfast which is pretty limited with cereal and bread offerings. But if you want a big breakfast, there are a couple of great breakfast places very close by.
I can't say the rates are the greatest, but they are not outrageous. You certainly could do better in a few other places I've stayed for the $80 per night rate and there are a couple of offerings here that are cheaper, but I'm not sure they are as clean and quiet.
The staff was friendly and helpful. But then again, this is small town Ozarks. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Captbigguy

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed in a suite which was very nice. The room was very large and cozy. The hotel overall was very clean. The staff was very friendly to me and my family. The hot breakfast was very good. We will definitely be looking forward to staying here again. Thanks to the Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel my family and I were well rested and energized. Truly a great place to stay for family and friends of all ages.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Preston R
MammothSpringStaff, Manager at Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for choosing Mammoth Spring Lodge. We are delighted that you and your famliy enjoyed your stay. Please consider us in the future as you travel through the area. Again, thank you so much!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I have been using this motel for 3 years (2011, 2012 and 2013). Under new management with lots of improvements. The staff are very helpful and courteous. Complimentary breakfast improved greatly. Coffee always available (and hot). Rooms are clean (and stay clean thanks to the hard working staff). Would recommend this hotel as a great stay. Well done Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel!!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter (especially on the northwest side).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucille552013

Thank you for staying with us at Mammoth Spring Lodge. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to ensure each Guest is comfortable and relaxed during their stay. Thank you again!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Mammoth Spring Lodge is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed. I have spent many years traveling around the country and the cleanliness of this hotel far outweighs any other one. The service provided by the staff of the hotel is second to none. They are courteous and assure one that they will go the extra mile to get a customer what they need. I learned through my stay there that the hotel was under new management that has provided it with tremendous improvement. The leadership is reflected in the staff as they work to assure your stay is one of the best you have ever had. They even allow pets!!! for a minimal fee. They have brand new carpet, new tile, bedding and the breakfast is quality for hotel breakfast. This is a state of the art motel and I definitely recommend it to anyone traveling near the Missouri/Arkansas line on US 63 highway. The hotel is directly across from the world famous Mammoth Spring State Park. God bless you all and remember if you stop in this community you will not regret lodging at the Mammoth Spring Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing Mammoth Spring Lodge. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great service employees are friendly and quick to help in any way possible. Rooms are excellent in size and clean every trip I make to the area this is the first place I stop. Great spot if planning to hit spring river !!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Jhagewood1

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Mammoth Spring Lodge. We appreciate the kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Was looking for a room that was pet friendly and found that this was the only one in Mammoth Springs available. Room rate for one person was $80 + $15 for pet + tax brought one night to over $100. Thought it was a bit steep for the area, but was desperate for some sleep. The room looked clean, and newly remodelled. After checking into the room, found that the bed was almost too high to climb into???, no blanket on the bed and not one to be found in the room. Asked the clerk for a blanket upon which she stomped into the linen room and flung one at me saying I probably had not checked the drawers for one. I assured her that I had. Going back into the room, I discovered there were only a couple of hand towels and one wash cloth in the bathroom. I again went out to the desk (because there was no telephone in the room on which I could call) and informed the clerk about the towel situation. She said, 'well, how many towels do you need, anyway/". Again with the gasping and making me understand I was being very troublesome. I took the towels and tried to settle down for some much needed sleep when...the wall in the room started shaking and a loud pounding sound started. My room was next door to the laundry room. At 11 PM I went to the desk AGAIN to ask if the laundry noise would be going on all night. The clerk said it would since the hotel has a contract with the rail-road and they have laundry and maid service 24/7. I asked her how I was expected to sleep with out of balance loads in the washing machines banging on the wall all night. She as much as said she really didn't care, that she only worked there and was not authorized to make any changes. At that point I lost it. I was moved to a double room down the hall, the clerk assured me she would not bill my card for any extra charges due to the move. New room had a telephone, but no hair dryer, no iron or ironing board, no HBO, in other words, no amenities for my $105. My advice is to avoid this place, stay in West Plains or Hardy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Lynn W

We are so sorry that your stay was not up to your greatest expectations. We do have extra blankets, towels, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards available at all times. We have HBO in every room. We apologize again for your disapointment. We strive to mak sure that each and every Guest is completely satisfied. Again, we are so sorry.

Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2013

First let me say that if you have read some of the other reviews, you may be hesitant to stay at this place. But it’s under new management (a really nice lady named Heather), and new ownership that has put money into the location. They have new carpet, tile, bedding and lots of other upgrades. Its seems clean and well kept, and motel now has a quality feel when you walk in. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. Its situated on top of a hill overlooking Mammoth Spring State Park and right next to a gas station, Sonic, and a great restaurant right across the street that is open 24/7 and serves breakfast all day. If you haven’t stayed here, you’re in for a treat. If you have been disappointed in the past, give them another chance.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs on the east side looking toward the park for a good view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Adam D

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you staying here with us at Mammoth Spring Lodge. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you so much!

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thayer
Village Inn of Hardy
Biggers Bed & Breakfast
Comfort Green Motel
Comfort Green Motel
#1 of 2 in Thayer

Been to Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!