“surprised to be turned away”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“surprised to be turned away”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

So, I wanted to get a group of my girls together for a happy hour at the Melting Pot Chesterfield. And not just an happy hour, but we were going to bring our gently used jewelry to donate to a women's charity. (I work with a jewelry company). I saw that their website allows large groups, so I called 2 weeks in advance to reserve a couple of tables.
I was actually turned away! Because it would be "disruptive to the other customers". Whaaaa??? You are going to turn away 20+ amazing, professional women that want to donate to a charity AND would be buying ALOT of fondue and drinks... just because we are going to be bringing in jewelry?

Very shocked and disappointed. Looking for another place in Chesterfield if anyone has any suggestions. (May 30th at 5pm is the date we are looking for)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Beth P

“Delicious and romantic as always”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This is my and my husband's go-to spot for romantic celebrations. They always impress and the fondues are amazing. We always go for all four courses--cheese, salad, meat, and chocolate! Prepare to be stuffed!

“A one time experience”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

While the food and service are both acceptable, there are some drawbacks. The portion size is too small for the price. Light eaters may be able to share. Just do not expect more than a food tasting. Therefore, the Melting Pot really is not much more than a one time experience.

1 Thank GreatTraveltime
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Best Birthday ever!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My boyfriend and I had dinner here for the first time the night BEFORE New Year's eve and loved it! So when my birthday arrived, he brought me here and it was so wonderful! He had the "romance package" and when we got to our very private booth, there were rose petals on the table, a dozen red roses, and a bottle of champagne. The meal was so delicious, everything was so good! And the package made it so affordable, especially for a birthday dinner!!
The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful! I am looking forward to going again!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“A fun time ...”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We got the pleasure of dining at The Melting Pot with some friends of ours. We ordered the Classic four course meal. We really enjoyed ourselves. You pay for the experience more then anything. The food is good. The sauces served with the main course are very very good. I would say they really made the meal. The dark chocolate dolce was heavenly. I would come here no more then once every couple years because it is very expensive. The California salad was delicious but very small. Michael was our waiter and he was very nice though seemed rushed at times. I would give five stars if the food was not priced so terribly high.