“Consistently good service”

Marriott St. Louis West
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at the St Louis Marriott West three years ago and then as now this hotel provides great value and service - even though I purchased through Hotwire the hotel staff honored my requests for a high floor, quiet room facing the creek and I was fortunate to get a room on the top floor, where the lounge is located. Marriott Rewards members should ask for a room on the top floor where the lounge is located as the lounge offers a quiet, expansive respite with windows overlooking the creek. Check-in was friendly and efficient.

The hotel is close to Chesterfield Mall and dining options, and the hotel was packed the weekend of my visit. One night I was able to park right next to the hotel entrance, another night I had to use the garage (be careful of the low ceiling clearance in case you have a roof rack).

The queen bed and pillows were very comfortable. I was able to get free wifi with my Marriott Rewards membership. Despite the scrum of teenage athletes staying at the hotel, once inside my room it was very quiet.

I ordered room service and the ceasar salad was delivered quickly, and was excellent. I ate breakfast in the top floor lounge and the attendant was very friendly and provided good service. The small fridge was filled with cool water and soft drinks.

I look forward to returning to the St Louis Marriott West soon!

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms face the creek, join the Marriott Rewards program and ask for a room on the top f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Catherine S, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Wow, thank you so much for your excellent and thorough review of our Marriott! You are very kind to mention so many wonderful points about the hotel, the products and the services. And yes, being so close to great shopping and other attractions like Ballpark Village really do make us a smart choice for travelers. Please don't wait three years to come back, we would all love to serve you again sooner than that!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

After a day at Six Flags and before visiting the zoo, we enjoyed our time at the Marriott West. We were celebrating our grandson's 10th birthday, so the pool was important. They have an indoor and a very nice outdoor pool, where we had pizza delivered. No breakfast included, but the buffet with omelet and waffle station was excellent. Service everywhere was very good too. One of our rooms was with points, so that helped with costs.

Stayed: July 2014
Catherine S, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Happy Birthday to your Grandson! We are delighted that you enjoyed such a special celebration at our hotel. Isn't it great that we are so close to the famous St. Louis Zoo? There are also many other fun attractions for kids in Forest Park. So glad you enjoyed the pool and restaurant as well...please come back to see us again before our outdoor pool closes in September!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice business park area. There is a big space under door, so could not sleep once people started going in and out of their rooms. My room was somewhat cramped (especially for the price). Indoor and Outdoor pools are adequate. Adequate food in restaurant, but again, pricey. The only thing special that I saw during the 4 nights that I stayed there was fruit infused water offered in the afternoons in lobby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Back In The Snow,
I am sad to read that we did not Wow you during your stay with us! Guest Satisfaction is very important to all of us, and I feel badly if we were not on point for you. As you can see by other reviews, this is not at all typical for our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will work closer with my team to ensure we are making a Personal Connection with every guest. Meanwhile, I hope you will give us another try, and soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here over the July 4th holiday and had a great stay. The staff was excellent and the hotel felt new. The house keeping staff and maintenance deserves a lot of credit for such a clean property. There was a wedding or some event going on but there was no trash anywhere when we walked around. The pool and bar were great too. We are coming back here anytime we are in St. Louis. We stayed here and went to 6 flags which was an easy drive from this hotel.

Room Tip: There are lots of trees around and it doesn't feel like ur in a big city.
1  Thank Alec G
Catherine S, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Alec G,
I am so glad that you were able to enjoy a relaxing holiday weekend here at our hotel! Thank you for the kind words about our dedicated team of associates, they will be delighted that you mentioned them in such a positive manner. We are not only a short drive to 6 Flags but also The Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium and two great Outlet Malls! Come back soon to check out those great attractions!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This Marriott is in a quiet area just off I-64 with beautiful grounds with a lake and a pool in a relaxing setting. The rooms have been updated recently. There is ample free parking. We were on the concierge level with access to the concierge lounge. The light supper in the evening and the breakfast in the morning are well worth being on the concierge floor. Slept well in a comfortable bed & quiet room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake/pool

Dear Jeff M,
What a lovely picture you have painted of our hotel...thank you! We do have a lot of people who enjoy the lake view, and the nature trail that runs 3 miles around it. We all hope that you will come back to visit us again soon to enjoy all of our services!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times as I have family near by. Several years ago, there was a major remodel that modernized the lobby and room decor. Usually, I have a view of the parking lot, but this time I could see the pool and lake/pond at the back of the property. The room was spacious. Room rates vary wildly here, depending on the day of the week and if you have AAA. Food and bar drinks are expensive and not that good, so unless you get a breakfast package or are on the concierge level, eat elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Catherine S, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Sally,
Thank you for your review of our Marriott! I am glad that overall, you liked the property and were able to have a beautiful view of the lake. I am excited to announce that we have a new Chef who will be joining us and creating a delicious new menu! I hope you will come back again to enjoy an exceptional culinary experience. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night away from the kids..room was really nice. We went to dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. There was a rush of room service and our order took a while longer than expected. We didn't complain, but the manager not only comped our dinner, but also our breakfast as well!! Awesome food, by the way!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kraig S
Catherine S, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Kraig S,

Thank you for visiting our Marriott for some "Mommy and Daddy" time! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. While I am sorry that the meal service was longer than expected, I am delighted that my staff were able to overcome the issue for you. Please come back soon to enjoy our Indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub, and the great food and service!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Town and Country
Downtown
Marriott St. Louis Grand
Marriott St. Louis Grand
#25 of 123 in Saint Louis
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Marriott St. Louis West? Share your experiences!