“Typical chain restaurant with an almost horrifying scene.”
Review of The Pasta House

The Pasta House
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Italian
Union, Missouri
“Typical chain restaurant with an almost horrifying scene.”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Vistited on New Years Day. It's pretty much what you would expect from a chain restaurant. My wife had the Pomodoro and it was bland. I had a pizza with kalamata olives which wasn't too bad actually. The mozzarella sticks were good along with the breaded mushrooms which were different from the type you normally get. The server seemed like she was in a hurry all night. She didn't get anything wrong but she wouldn't stop at your table when she talked to you it was more like a drive by....haha The crazy part was one worker was putting out silverware on tables and dropped a knife on the floor then picked it up...wiped it off with her hand....then laid it down by the plate. My wife was horrified but I guess she thought better and picked it up and put a new one down. How many times does that happen at other restaurants and they don't pick it up? We'll never know. Still grosses me out though that some people don't care.

• Visited January 2014

Topeka
“Don't Judge by the Exterior of the Building”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The outside of the building is very ho-hum, which is the polar opposite of the food. Was in town for a dog show and had dinner with some friends. All of the food was great (had the lasagna and chocolate cake). Service was spectacular. On our way home the next day, we stopped for lunch, this time I had one of their thin crust pizzas.

Next time we are in Union, we will definitely be eating at the Pasta House Co.

• Visited May 2013
Lauren Z, Social Media Manager at The Pasta House, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thanks for your kind review! We are glad you found our service and food so pleasing. Looking forward to your next visit!
Bourbon, Missouri
“Pasta”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I love to eat pasta it is one of my favorite foods in the entire world and one of the pest places to go is the Pasta House Co they have some really great food with great prices and good customer services.

Visited March 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We are so pleased that you have found everything so satisfactory. We hope you'll visit us again soon!
Usa, Tanzania
“Absolutely without a doubt the worst dining experience EVER”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

As expected, not too busy on Easter and I thought it would be a nice quiet dinner for my 2 daughters and I. However, it quickly turned into the most horrible dining experience we've ever had in our entire lives.
It started off with salad that was clearly not right (see picture). I took a couple bites and when our server asked if I was finished with it, I said "yes, it tastes funny and what are these round 'things' in it?" She told me they were artichoke heads. Yuck! (Again, see picture to see how many was in my salad)
Then just as our food was brought out a young family was seated directly behind my two daughters and they had a very unhappy little fellow who was screaming at the top of his lungs. There were a lot of open tables and booths, so we were kind of surprised they were seated right against us.
The "dad" figure continued to slap the small boy and curse him out after they were seated and it was clear it was going on befre. At this point one of my daughters was in tears because every time he slapped him the seat shook.
Magically, the TWO managers meandering around saw NOTHING.
I finally (after 10 minutes of this) told the couple if he hit the child (who was hysrerical) again I was calling the police. The "mother" figure who was facing me told me to mind my own business and the guy turned around and screamed at the back of my two daughters heads to "go ahead and call the police you stupid old hag. " Then they both burst into cursing me out.
I got up and walked to one of the managers and asked them to handle the situation, either call the police or pack our food up so we could leave. In the mean time apparently the other manager moved them across the dining area. Where the little boy continued to cry and say "help me mommy, help me mommy."
We tried to finish out meal, but the one daughter was so upset she started crying so we just paid and left. Yes! We were charged for our meal. They were allowed to stay.
I asked to speak to a manager on my way out, and it was obvious that she didnt care. Why were there any managers there at all? They both claimed to have seen nothing, but I saw them watching. So since they saw nothing they couldn't ask them to leave.
The money I was charged for this horrible experience is the last dime the pasta house will ever get from me.
Shame on them for their shoddy management.

Leesburg
“Good food good price”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Food was good, service was good....nothing not to like...best pasta in the Washington Area...will go again

Visited October 2012
Lauren Z, Social Media Manager at The Pasta House, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thanks for your kind review! We hope to see you in again soon!