“Friendly, Convenient, Clean”

Super 8 Union
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Union
“Friendly, Convenient, Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had car trouble during a cross country move, and stayed here while my car got fixed. My room was on the third floor looking out over a green leafy forest. Beautiful with the sun and breeze :-)

One night turned into late check out, which turned into another night (mechanic had to wait on parts), and they were very understanding and accommodating of me and my 2 pets. Nice hotel, nice people, and a nice town. Recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room in the rear of the hotel, facing the woods and not the parking lot. I was on the third f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Ayan P, General Manager at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for a five star review. Helping you out in your bad time was our duty, we did the best we can. We are glad you enjoyed the greenery behind our hotel. Hope you did not had any issues during rest of your trip. Again thank you for staying with us and for appreciating our hotel, service and town.

Super 8 Union, MO.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night while in union for testing and we had a corner room which was kind of loud to due hearing people run up and down the stairs...otherwise the room was really clean. Soft pillows and blanket. Clean big shower/tub! No fridge or microwave but had cable and the AC worked beautifully. They have an indoor pool but no jacuzzi. Continental breakfast was included but did not grt to enjoy hot breakfast because the person eith the keys to the food took them with them. All in all I'm impressed for a hotel. Would stay again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Ayan P, General Manager at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. We appreciate your comments that will help us in improving our service. Next time you reserve the room with us please let us know in advance and we will try to provide you a room away from stairs to avoid any noise issues. Again thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was in town to view the college campus. vanessa had a crappy i dont care attitude. she was not friendly at all. she was rude to people in front of us checking out as well. checking in was a great experience. the girl was a student at the college and was extremely friendly. she told me about the college and recommended me to some other activities as well. the rooms were clean and never ate breakfast but it always smelled good.

• Stayed July 2014
Ayan P, General Manager at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us. We are sorry you didn't like Vanessa's attitude. She is one of our good front desk clerk working with us for many years and we never had any complain against her in past. I have already addressed your comments to her to make sure that doesn't happen again. We are glad you were happy with rest of the service and amenities.
Again thank you for selecting our hotel for your stay and hope you will give us another chance to prove us better in future.

Washington, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Upon checking in, I asked for a room that would be quiet...needed sleep. Front Desk clerk put me at end of hall (Thank you!!) After getting in room, had cleanliness issues. Bathroom light was dirty, and bedspread had dirty spots on it; green blanket had dirty handprint on it. Then within 30 minutes, a small child two rooms down the hall began screaming (and I do mean SCREAMING) loudly for several hours!!! I complained to the front desk twice. They talked to the man in the room; they did not move him. The front desk person told me that was all they could do. Not much sleep. Upon checkout, Vanessa (who had the attitude of "I could care less") gave me her "recorded" speech of "I can give you a $10 refund for your trouble"....and that was that. Will not stay here again. Rooms priced too high also.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank raggedyfan
Ayan P, General Manager at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,
We are really sorry to know that you did not got enough sleep during your stay with us. That night we had a gentleman staying in our hotel with his 2 year old daughter who was been separated first time from her mom because of their personal reasons. He was having difficult time getting his daughter to sleep. After your first complain when the clerk talked to him he explained the situation and asked for some time to calm her daughter. After your second complain when the clerk asked him to move to other room he rather decided to take his daughter for a ride outside the hotel. In the mean time the clerk gave you the discount and asked you if would like to move to a room which was on another end of the hallway on another floor, but you strictly denied. We understand it was not your fault but with your cooperation may be we would have better taken care of the situation, though the small girl did calm down after a ride. Guest's understanding and cooperation helps us a lot in these type of critical situations.
Your cleanliness complain is already been addressed to all our housekeepers to make sure all our guests get the clean rooms.
During your checkout after your repeated complain Vanessa gave you another discount, I apologize on her behalf if you found her to be rude.
Again we are sorry for all the inconvenience you had during your stay with us.

Watertown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Not a bad hotel for the price. My only complaint is that they would not allow a cot in their rooms so 3 of my children had to sleep in the same bed. It was a bit farther from Six Flags than I thought but not a bad drive.

Room Tip: Corner rooms were very nice and quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ayan P, General Manager at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Sorry we were unable to provide you with a rollaway bed in your room. Your room had 2 queen beds and there is not enough place to have a third bed in that room. Also for safety and emergency reasons we can not allow that many beds in a limited size room. Hope being a responsible parent of 3 kids you will understand and agree to our polices. I am glad to know that though you had some inconvenience you don't regret selecting our hotel for your stay. We would like to see you again, just give us a call in advance so that we can figure out some solution to make your stay more comfortable.

Super 8 Union, MO.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Super 8 Washington
#2 of 2 in Saint Clair
BEST WESTERN PLUS Washington Hotel
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Baymont Inn & Suites Sullivan

Been to Super 8 Union? Share your experiences!