“Some Good, Some Not So Good”
Review of Lu Lu Seafood

Lu Lu Seafood
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Lu Lu is located in an area populated by many Asian restaurants, many of which are said to be "authentic." Lu Lu does offer a varied and interesting menu, along with more familiar dishes such as Kung Pao Chicken. The list of hot plates and noodle dishes is far more extensive than we've seen elsewhere.

The food was very tasty, with the exception of the Wonton soup which was so salty it was inedible. Beef Chow Fun was delicious as was the Spicy Beef with peppers. The chicken with mixed vegetables was bland and lacked sauce. Again, they are very heavy handed with the sodium and you can expect your rings to be tight the next morning.

This place is popular and we experienced spotty service. The dining room is pleasant with ethnic decorations but the chairs are hard wood and not at all comfortable. We would return to Lu Lu for the specific dishes we liked but can't honestly rate this restaurant higher than the other Chinese restaurants in the area, all of which in our experience offer above average fare.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This place is the real thing. The best authentic Dim Sum that I have eaten outside of Chinatown in San Francisco. I enjoyed every single item that we ate with only one exception, the deep fried shrimp. But all of the other dishes were fantastic. The place was packed and the wait is well worth it. Good food, excellent service, reasonable prices. I will be back, often.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I enjoy Chinese food immensely. We recently dined here with friends who told us that it was very good. They were right! The portions were large and served hot. All 4 of us had ordered beef dishes, and they all had their own unique flavor -- sometimes they all come out tasting the same. The crab rangoon were quite good too -- they were loaded with filling. Most places serve crab rangoon with a token amount of filling and you end up getting a lot of fried wonton instead. Our waiter was attentive and gave us extra rice to take home with out leftovers. I'm ready to try this restaurant again -- their menu is very extensive and there looks to be a lot of choices!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I go here often and can't get enough of the house special beef, it's sooo good! The shrimp and pork wontons and crab rangoons are great too. In fact, I've never had a bad dish here. I've only had the dim sum once, but enjoyed everything I tried and plan on going back for that again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have traveled extensively in China and I live in Toronto which has an enormous Chinese community and many, many dim sum restaurants. I can attest that the dim sum at Lu Lu was the real deal - not dumbed-down, North-Americanized "chop suey". Perhaps it's not the very best I've ever tasted, but it was certainly good quality, freshly made and promptly served. Service was pleasant and obliging and the cost was very reasonable.

We did not eat anything off the regular menu, so I can't provide any information about that. But for a dim sum fix in St. Louis, this is a very good choice.