“Sometimes I want to be selfish...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Natasha

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Natasha
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Indiana
“Sometimes I want to be selfish...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

...and keep my little "finds" to myself, lest my next visit be met with a long line of diners waiting for a table. Alas, my desire to help fellow travelers usually overcomes my self-centeredness so that, without any hesitation, I can recommend Natasha's as a great dining experience. I passed this café earlier in the day and made it a point to return for dinner. Impeccable service in whose hands I placed myself totally by saying "bring me something that best represents Persian fare." After asking a couple of qualifying questions (always a good thing) I ended up with some of the best food I've ever had. I had a nice leisurely meal, an outstanding cocktail and one of the best desserts I've ever had. Persian Ice Cream? Persian Slush? Who knew? The owner checked on my twice and was very forthcoming with answers to my questions...but stopped short of giving me the recipes...also a good thing.

The "Scenic View" for me was sitting at a high table that overlooked the sidewalk, one of my favorite views.
Go, visit, eat.

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing culinary adventure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Just had the best meal tonight here. I have really weird allergies and called ahead to see what I might be able to eat. The waitress went way above and beyond good customer service. She wrote down my specific allergies and went thru the menu and called me back with a list of the items I would be able to enjoy worry free. Not only was the food "worry free" but it was an incredible experience. The food was amazing. I had the Tart pomegranate eggplant which they accommodated me by giving me large cut veggies so I could scoop it as a dip. I bought extra to take home. The cook there is amazing! Everything was so fresh and cooked just so. No premixed seasonings with junk in them. Her tahini dressing for wheat free items also doesn't have soy or dairy in it. The bartender even made me my fav drink (mint mojito) the safe way no sugar etc and added oranges. My friends thought it was so good they ordered one the same way. Everyone at the table enjoyed their food. Thank you for giving me a great date night. I could totally relax and enjoy a meal with my husband and friends.

Denver, Colorado
“Great secret St Louis eatery for you out of towners...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

When I travel I join "meetups" on the internet run by locals who know where to eat at great little independent places like Cafe Natasha in St. Louis. This was great. I not only got to meet some great locals, they introduced me to Cafe Natasha and also told me about half a dozen other places to explore.... places the locals go.
On this Tuesday night Cafe Natasha has a Humus bar for $10.... great value and great food. I had a lamb gyro sandwich which was very good except for one thing..... they wrap the gyros in wax paper just about the same color as the pita bread... under the dim lights, as I bit into the sandwich, I got a mouth full of wax paper... at the same moment, my fellow diner warned me about the wax paper wrapper.... once I got past the mouthful of wax paper everything was just fine...... Just remember to remove the wax paper.

• Visited January 2013