“Rude Rude R U D E !!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Naperville, Illinois
“Rude Rude R U D E !!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel was filled with very rude staff. I have stayed all over the world and have never had such a negative experience. We had a small gathering in our upgraded suite room with professional adults all over 40 years old. We were simply having normal conversations at which time the manager on staff told us that we need to all go to our room or we would be kicked out of the hotel. What was really funny is that when we checked in we were given a bag with a water bottle chips and EAR PLUGS because they were going to make LOUD construction noise at 8:00am. I was so upset that we paid for a larger room so we could enjoy company in the confines of our room only to be rudly treated. In this nasty economy I assure you that there are other hotel that would be willing to take our hard earned money without giving us attitude. Do yourself a favor don't stay at this hotel. As a final note, in my 47 years on this earth I have never written a review but due to the total lack of professionalism I feel it necessary to warn others. Take care and travel safe.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else. Much better values in the area.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jim T
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. We appreciate hearing from our guests and are sorry that the hotel was not up to your satisfaction. We want to ensure every guest has a great stay with us. We apologize for asking you to reduce the noise from your guest room out of respect for other guests. I am very sorry that you felt our team treated you in an unprofessional manner. Please know your feedback was shared with the team to improve our service as we move forward. Our top priority is to provide every guest with an enjoyable experience at our hotel.

Brian H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I want to say a huge Thank You to the Drury Inn in Valley Park, MO for providing me and my coworkers with rooms during the recent winter storm. I live about 32 miles away from work and with the roads as they have been the last two days, it would have taken me 2 hours each way to get home or back to work the next morning. Drury made it possible for us to be 5 minutes away from work, which helped us tremendously. Thank you again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Watched this hotel being built and looked forward to a newer property than the Fenton location. Room decor has been updated. Happy hour bartender very personable and competent. Happy hour food selection not as good as Amarillo location the previous night. Food area has always had an odd flow and awkward set-up with limited seating as well. Disappointed at stained and dirty hallway carpeting. Use the stairs to avoid the slow elevators and carpeted stairways are cleaner than halls! Really detracts from overall impression! Ruby Tuesday and Bob Evans right next door. Getting out of the property during morning rush hour is difficult as traffic at the closest stoplight really backs up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Gingerbear 16,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments. I apologize for the appearance of the hallway carpets. My staff is working hard to have those cleaned up within the week. As for the food area we are starting renovations this week to expand the eating area and improve the flow of the food lines. We are also renovating all of our rooms and replacing the hallway carpets.

We would love to have you come back after the renovation has been completed at the end of January to see the new improvements! If there is anything I can do for you in the future please contact me at the hotel.

Brian Handyside
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this property and will definitely stay here again. We were very warmly welcomed when we arrived. We were very impressed at how well the breakfast area was kept up and how friendly the staff was. The hotel was very full and the breakfast area was packed every morning. We were still able to find a seat each morning and all the hot foods were fresh. Our room was huge - we had a king deluxe. The beds are pillow top and very comfortable And the WIFI was the best we've ever had - very fast and free. The hotel is right on I-44 so you will hear some highway noise - it never bothered us, though. The rooms were very quite. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the rooms are clean and comfortable our room even had a recliner in it, They give back to their customers in several different ways, free parking, free wi-fi they serve 2 meals a day, pop corn, pop,coffee, also over 21 customers get a drink card when you arrive for 3 free beers, or mixed drinks,or wine during your stay at the evening Kickback. All this is included in the price of your room. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a very cool indoor/outdoor pool and the hot tub feels great. I would stay at this hotel again any time I am in the ST. Louis area.

Room Tip: Room 400 was very good
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've been wanting to stay at a Drury Inn for some time but they are never in the areas where we are traveling. So I was so excited to be visiting St Louis this year and be staying at a Drury! I was not disappointed...we had a wonderful experience! All of the staff were so nice and helped in any way they could with suggestions on where to eat and sights to see. Our room was large with a very comfortable mattress and fantastic down pillows...great nights sleep every night. The breakfast buffet had many choices to satisfy all. The kickback was nice too with a soup and salad choice every night along with other offerings. We had a wonderful 6 night stay and can't wait for another opportunity to visit Drury. Many thanks to James, Andrew and Jonathan!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed when we checked in and our room was very clean. One of the service ladies had been cleaning rooms and saw us in the lobby to tell us that she thinks she found our dig leash in the elevator and directed us to the office to retrieve it. The only slight concern is that when I went out about 8:00 or 8:30 at night, some of the workers staying in the hotel were stretched out on the sidewalk near the side door. I stayed long enough to make sure he was breathing. I think he was drunk. For a woman alone with the dogs, it was a bit intimidating to have a group of young men lounging around outside.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Holiday Inn Express Fenton

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!