“Be cuz Ure being refurbished is no excuse !” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Adamson Hotel

The Adamson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crossford
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Be cuz Ure being refurbished is no excuse !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night Aug 23rd-Stayed on 1st floor in a draughty room from broken window-only 1 bedside cabinet.Flat horrible synthetic pillows & bedding. When complained next morning was told it's cuz they are being refurbished. This is a (Stock answer) when ppl complain-We paid £75 for this room same price as refurbished ones.The room we had was not one of those. A couple we were chatting too had a nice room same price we paid.I suggest U make these decrepit rooms cheaper until U have finished refurbishment or do not use them otherwise u will keep getting bad reviews.
Food in restaurant was excellent as was breakfast, so no complaints abt restaurant at all.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Emma A, Manager at The Adamson Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Mel P,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us.

As a family business we take guest satisfaction very seriously and appreciate hearing from our guests on their experiences. As you are aware a great deal of work is taking place in the hotel to refurbish our accommodation to a very high standard and the feedback to date has been very positive.

It is with disappointment we learn that things did not meet with your approval. Our only wish is that you had alerted reception staff to your issues on arrival so that we might have upgraded your room or assisted you in some way so that you could have got the most out of your stay with us. Given that you only relayed your comments to us on check out there would have been little that staff could do to assist you by this point. Despite this we would like to pass on our sincere apologies.

We thank you for your very kind comments on our restaurant, and the standard of our cuisine. Your feedback has been passed back to our chefs who were delighted to receive the compliments.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pitfirrane. Should you return in the future we are certain you will be suitably impressed by the continued upgrades that are taking place.

Hotel Staff and Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here on Saturday night to attend a wedding at a neighbouring hotel . Great location on the Main Street .. Bedroom basic and dated but the lovely food and good service made up for this. Would stay again .

Emma A, Manager at The Adamson Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Laura R,

Thank you very much for leaving feedback for us following your recent stay.

As a family business we appreciate hearing about our guests experiences and understand the importance of customer satisfaction, so take all comments on board.

As you may be aware the hotel is currently undergoing a major refurbishment of our accommodation, and we have been receiving fantastic feedback on our new executive rooms. These works will continue until all our rooms have been upgraded, but obviously this process takes time. In the meantime we are offering our accommodation at very competitive prices and hope that despite being in one of our rooms yet to be renovated you still enjoyed your stay with us.

We would also like to thank you for your very kind comments on our friendly staff and our cuisine. These compliments have been passed back to the staff members concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was quite uncertain when I booked this hotel as I read quite a few negative reviews. However, once we arrived, we realized that this hotel was quite good for a one night's stay. Rooms were fairly sized, quiet, clean and recently refurbished. Ample parking. Breakfast was typically Scottish but a little too oily. All in all, I would recommend this hotel yes.

Room Tip: ask for a recently-refurbished and quiet room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear TravellerM,

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

We enjoy hearing from our guests on their experiences and use the feedback we receive to constantly strive provide the best possible service to our guests.

We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything met with your approval.

We are sorry that you were apprehensive prior to arriving due to previous reviews. It is really unfortunate that more people do not take the time to leave us feedback when they have had a great stay. We have carried out an awful lot of work on the hotel and I am certain all our hard work will be reflected in the reviews we receive from our guests over time.

We hope that you would consider visiting us again should you be back in the area in the future.

Belper, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned from a 2 day stay at this Hotel. We had difficulty getting in anywhere as there's so much going on in Scotland at the moment so when a room was available although we were told there was only executive rooms at £75 a night, which I ended up taking as being in a desperate need, and I didn't read any reviews before hand, but after staying I feel people were a bit harsh. Ok it was a bit like a sports pub with rooms at the back. Our room was really clean and although basic was really nice and a lovely warm bathroom, but no views from the window you either had the car park one side or neighbours gardens the other. Checking in and out was really easy and I must say the staff were lovely. The food was really nice with a big Scottish breakfast and we ate in restaurant one evening and again I couldn't fault it. And finally i would like to say thank you to Sharon, Alistair and especially Jade for their services in the Restaurant that place couldn't function without them, brilliant customer service. There was just one thing that spoilt our visit,we woke up on our last day to find we had no electricity which wasn't fixed till after breakfast so we had to get ready in a dark bathroom, the reception was aware and trying to get it fixed and very apologetic. I did think that for the inconvenience management would have reduced our bill slightly!! But never mind.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 110. Visit Limekilns about 5 mins away its on the estuary and its a treasure of...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lesleye11,

Thank you very much for leaving us feedback following your stay with us recently.

It is with great pleasure we learnt that you enjoyed your stay with us and are thrilled to receive your very kind comments on our staff members who served you in our bar and restaurant. As a family business we really understand the importance of customer service and take a lot of time and effort ensuring our staff deliver on this.

We would like to relay our sincere apologies to you for the power cut which took place during your stay. We got straight onto the issue and tried to make sure that we minimised the inconvenience caused to our guests as much as possible. Please be assured this is not a common place occurrence, and is really very unfortunate that it took place at all.

We would love to welcome you back to our hotel should you be in the area again in the future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night last week. I was visiting friends who got married in Rosyth.

The location is about 5/10 minutes from Rosyth and Dunfermline in Crossford and is on the Main Street in the village.

The receptionist at the desk was friendly and check in and check out was really quick.

I can only comment on the room which I stayed in (which was room 101) and was £75 and an upgraded room. Our room smelt of fresh paint and cleaning products and was absolutely faultless. A comfy bed, decent TV and a clean bathroom with toiletries.

Free parking and there's lots of it too and a co op just a minute walk away incase you need anything.

No negatives and would definitely stay again!

1 Thank princesskerie
Dear PrincessKerie,

Thank you very much for your recent review which you left on Trip Advisor for us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate you taking the time to let us know that things met with your approval.

We have carried out substantial upgrades on the hotel over the last year and it is a great reward for all this work to receive all the positive feedback on our new accommodation.

Thank you also for letting others know of the local convenience store and parking facilities we have available to our guests.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are next in the area.

Kind regards

Hotel Staff and Management.
Bathagte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The rooms were tiny and disgusting with stains all over the walls the window ledge was full of dust and flies. The bathroom tiles were dirty close to the floor the grout between the floor tiles were disgusting. I am so glad that I was only there for a few hours due to being at a wedding. Breakfast was the exact same disgusting reheated sausages haggis and black pudding burnt. Safe to say I left the breakfast also. For £75 I wasn't expecting much but at the very least I expect a clean room. When booking the room I saw two options one for £60 which was described as basic then one for £75 which was ment to be an upgrade all I can say is god help the guest staying in the £60 rooms if I got an upgrade. Then to top it off when leaving the tariff board was saying a twin room was £45 so I got completely ripped off. I wouldn't still feel ripped off I paid £20 for this room, I was in room 3.

1 Thank Martinj4183
Dear Martinj4183,

Thank you very much for your recent review following your stay with us.

It is with disappointment we learn that things did not meet with your approval. Our only wish is that you had brought to our attention the issues you make mention to in your review, whilst you were still at the hotel, so that we might have had the opportunity to resolve them for you and allowed you to properly enjoy your stay with us. As this is now after the event we can only pass onto you our sincere apologies and assure you of our best intentions at all times.

We have spent a great deal of work over the last year refurbishing the hotel, and although this is an on-going process, the feedback we have received to date has been really positive.

In closing we would like to pass on our thanks once more for the time you took to let us know about your experiences.

Kind regards

Hotel Staff and Management.

Travellers are raving about these Crossford hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Myself and two friends stayed at this hotel in June (we were attending the BSB Knockhill round) and were very disappointed with the state of the accomodation,the cleanliness and the very very old room furniture was a disgrace. I booked the place 8 months before the BSB on the strength of the illustrations on their website however what they do not tell you is that there are two parts to the hotel one, the newer one, is okay but the old rooms (1-14 I think) are a disgrace. I was allocated room 14 which is tiny and directly above the hotel bar, after getting very little sleep on the first night I made a complaint and moved to another room in the new part which was a vast improvement over room 14, I then had to move again to room 8 which was also archaic musty not very clean and a nice view of a flat roof with a huge extractor fan right in front of the window. I asked several times to speak to someone from management however nobody was available. I filled in the hotel comments form leaving both of my contact numbers but no response. I then Emailed the Hotel asking for a reply however they had had our payment so no response. My opinion of this hotel is that their website misleads anyone enquiring about staying and after the way my complaint was handled by the management I would not recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Do not go into rooms 1-14
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter F
Emma A, Manager at The Adamson Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Peter F,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback following your stay with us.

As a family business we appreciate hearing about our customers experiences, and take customer satisfaction very seriously. We use the comments we receive from our guests to constantly strive to improve on our service.

It is with disappointment that we learn that you were not satisfied with the room you were allocated on your stay with us during June of this year. As you will be aware the hotel has been undergoing a massive refurbishment of the accommodation, and we have received very positive comments on our new executive rooms.

People who choose to book the standard rooms which we have not renovated to date benefit from exceptional value for money, with them being the cheapest accommodation in the area. Although they are not modern, they are still well equipped and spotlessly clean.

In order to ensure that we do not mislead any customers with regards the differing standards of room whilst work is ongoing we still have not placed any photographs on the website of our new rooms. The photos shown are all of our standard rooms, with exception of some photos that have been added to tripadvisor by our guests, for which we do not have any responsibility for.

In closing I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you that things were not as you expected and hope that you would still consider one of our executive rooms for future visits to the area for the BSB Knockhill events.

Hotel Staff and Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossford
Keavil House Hotel Dunfermline
Davaar House Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel
Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel
#2 of 12 in Dunfermline

Been to The Adamson Hotel? Share your experiences!