Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
Balmule House(Dunfermline)
1,130 results
All reviewsleisure facilitieshealth clubsuperior roomwedding coordinatorelgin suiterestaurant stafflounge barhousing estatelovely hotellovely groundsevening mealreception staffweekend breakwedding venueduty managersteam roomfirst class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We felt really at ease the whole time we stayed, and with two small children that is no small thing! The staff were all really friendly and helped us at every opportunity. At no time did we feel that we were causing a problem with our kids running around having lots of fun (we were also there for wedding so there were lots of them). The room was very comfortable and the food excellent at every meal.

Room Tip: We had a family room which was a really good size and had a door into the garden where little birds were wandering around! But it was next to the stairs so we heard people going up and down at all hours (NOT VERY LOUD BUT I WAS AWAKE WITH THE BABY ANYWAY!)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Kate M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay whilst you were attending a wedding held here at Keavil House. I am delighted that you had a great day and thanks for your great comments about my team. I hope you might get the chance to come back to Scotland for a relaxing visit at Keavil House. Thanks again for your review, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

You will find Keavil House off a long drive way, The staff are very welcoming and the rooms very clean. Some breakfast items can be a hit or a miss depending on who is in the kitchen. Mostly had bar meals in the lounge, as they seem to come faster than sitting in the main dinning room. I only used the pool and sauna which are excellent and looking at the gym I could seen it was well maintained. My stay was over five days.

Room Tip: The further away you are from the main entrance the better, floor boards (foot traffic) in the new wing can keep you awake if your a lite sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear M G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at Keavil House. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thanks you for your comments and I hope you may return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having had our wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel we were very impressed. Nothing was too much trouble despite the request. Our co-ordinator jamie was magnificent. But all staff very good. One of the waitresses even took my jacket away to sew a button back on during our meal. The food a good standard and good facilities all set in comfortable and pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed: February 2014
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear David 150214,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent wedding held here at Keavil House. I am delighted that you had a great day and thanks for your fantastic comments about Jamie and my team, I'm sure that you will keep in touch with us and I wish you both all the very best for the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Enjoyed a relaxing two day break. Real evidence of quality staff in the hotel and with sufficient numbers. All very polite and ready to greet at any occasion. Hotel was very busy on first night and staff were really doing their best. Very comfortable and quiet room. Housekeeping was of a good standard and this was appreciated as the housekeeping of so many hotels let them down. Only matter I would like to say is that lounge does appear to lack some atmosphere. Maybe a rearrangement / addition of seating and a minor point: change of wall art! We will definitely revisit.

Room Tip: A room facing the garden is the best. The pheasants even come to welcome you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kenneth T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent 2 night stay with us at Keavil House. I am delighted that you had a comfortable visit and thanks for your kind comments about my team, thanks also for your points about the lounge, I shall certainly consider your comments, I hope you come back to see us again soon.