1,218 results
All reviews leisure facilities health club superior room elgin suite wedding coordinator restaurant staff scones lounge bar lovely hotel lovely grounds evening meal reception staff duty manager steam room wedding venue weekend break first class
Reviewed 29 June 2015

I stayed here for a week for business. It is a nice hotel in nice grounds. The restaurant was empty on the first evening but enjoyable. Rooms clean and roomy, no air con, free wifi. Altogether a pleasant stay. Will try the pool next time!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear NAH999

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us recently whilst you were here on business. Hopefully when you do return you can get an opportunity to relax in our Picture of Health Club. I note that you used our WiFi service, hopefully you found our new service fast and stable. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

My wife and I have just returned from our second stay at this hotel and we are already planning our next. If you like to feel very special and be treated like an important guest all the time, then this hotel is for you. The staff are all very approachable and are extremely helpful, no request is taken lightly and every effort is made to accommodate your needs. The value for money is second to none also, for a very average price, you get an extremely first class service.

This first time we stayed was due to a family members birthday party, we had the kids and we stayed in a suite that had direct access into the very spacious and well kept gardens. The suite was nothing short of luxurious and was just a very nice place to be. The beds are as about as comfortable as I could handle, once in it - I didn't want to leave it.

The second stay was just me and my wife, we stayed in one of the Superior King rooms. It was almost as large as the family room, again with direct access to the gardens and a king size bed that I just melted in.

There is an impressive array of complimentary goods for every guest, every room having a selection of tea's, coffee, hot chocolate, bottled water and snacks. There is also bath robes, slippers and personal grooming goods available free of charge.

The drinks at the bar are reasonably priced and there is certainly enough choice to satisfy any tastes.

The food, there is not much that I can say that will do this justice. The food is probably the best I have ever had. The presentation of the meals were completely artistic and they tasted absolutely out of this world. I had the beef and it literally dissolved when the fork touched it, and the Haggis starter was to die for.

There is even complimentary tea and coffee in the reception for guests as they arrive or leave.

I have not had a chance to use the free spa and pool as yet, but this will be getting sampled on our next trip.

All in all, a very good hotel, highly recommended and somewhere where we will be returning to again and again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear daveandtracey2015

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. I am so pleased that both of your recent visits have been successful ones and I thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and my team. I really do hope that you will come back again soon and get a chance to relax in our Picture of Health Club. I hope you also used our new upgraded complimentary Wifi service which we completed on 22 June, offering a fast and stable WiFi service. Hopefully we will welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Stayed three days on a business trip, very friendly team who offered excellent hospitality in a lovely environment. Loved the excellent food and nice whisky in the bar.
If you are in the area give yourself a big treat and stay in this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Dear Rhys R

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. It was a pleasure looking after you during your business trip and thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel, my team and the food we served. I hope you also used our new upgraded complimentary Wifi service which we completed on 22 June, offering a fast and stable WiFi service. Hopefully we will welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Lovely room and all the staff were very friendly. The food in both the restaurant and the lounge bar was delicious with lots of choice. The pool was bigger than most hotels and all the amenities were well maintained. My friend and I had a relaxing time being wined and dined and very close to Dumfermline for shopping.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Dear W3205BOsandraw

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. We are so pleased that you had a comfortable visit and thanks for your lovely comments about my team, the food we served you and the Leisure Club. Hopefully we will welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

We stumbled across this hotel on the internet. Only very slightly more expensive than the Premier Inn down the road, but well worth the extra,

Beautiful grounds, tucked away in a quite location. The room was comfortable and spacious, the bed was a 6 footer and very comfortable. I ate in the restaurant both nights the food was plentiful and excellent value. The breakfast was buffet style although there where fish and egg dishes that could be ordered fresh. The buffet was varied and plentiful.

The staff where very polite and helpful

The hotel is in easy access of the main motorway with easy access to Edinburgh and the North or East coast.

All in all well worth a visit if you are up that way.

Date of stay: January 2015

Dear Linton S

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. We are so pleased that you "stumbled" upon us and prefer our property rather than a Premier Inn. We are all delighted that you had an enjoyable visit and thanks for your lovely comments about my team and the food we served you. It would be great to welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.