1,220 results
All reviews leisure facilities health club superior room wedding coordinator elgin suite restaurant staff scones lovely hotel lovely grounds evening meal reception staff steam room wedding venue duty manager weekend break patio doors buffet style
Reviewed 30 June 2015

We arrived the night before the wedding and also stayed the next night and had a wonderful experience superb staff great atmosphere and lovely food. The wedding went of great and all my party loved it.

Room tip: All rooms seemed to be similar in size as I had booked three and they were perfect.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear David A

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. I am so pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and its great to read that the big day went well. I hope you also used our new upgraded complimentary Wifi service which we completed on 22 June, offering a fast and stable WiFi service. Hopefully we will welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here over 2 nights for my sister in laws wedding. Everything was perfect. Staff could not do enough for us. Food was delicious, service great. Elgin suite was the most beautiful wedding venue. If u r planning on getting married this is the place to do it. 5 star.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kim S

Dear Kim S

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House whilst you attended your sister in laws wedding. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the big day and the hotel during your 2 night stay with us. I hope you also used our new upgraded complimentary Wifi service which we completed on 22 June, offering a fast and stable WiFi service. Hopefully we will welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

I stayed here for a week for business. It is a nice hotel in nice grounds. The restaurant was empty on the first evening but enjoyable. Rooms clean and roomy, no air con, free wifi. Altogether a pleasant stay. Will try the pool next time!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear NAH999

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us recently whilst you were here on business. Hopefully when you do return you can get an opportunity to relax in our Picture of Health Club. I note that you used our WiFi service, hopefully you found our new service fast and stable. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

My wife and I have just returned from our second stay at this hotel and we are already planning our next. If you like to feel very special and be treated like an important guest all the time, then this hotel is for you. The staff are all very approachable and are extremely helpful, no request is taken lightly and every effort is made to accommodate your needs. The value for money is second to none also, for a very average price, you get an extremely first class service.

This first time we stayed was due to a family members birthday party, we had the kids and we stayed in a suite that had direct access into the very spacious and well kept gardens. The suite was nothing short of luxurious and was just a very nice place to be. The beds are as about as comfortable as I could handle, once in it - I didn't want to leave it.

The second stay was just me and my wife, we stayed in one of the Superior King rooms. It was almost as large as the family room, again with direct access to the gardens and a king size bed that I just melted in.

There is an impressive array of complimentary goods for every guest, every room having a selection of tea's, coffee, hot chocolate, bottled water and snacks. There is also bath robes, slippers and personal grooming goods available free of charge.

The drinks at the bar are reasonably priced and there is certainly enough choice to satisfy any tastes.

The food, there is not much that I can say that will do this justice. The food is probably the best I have ever had. The presentation of the meals were completely artistic and they tasted absolutely out of this world. I had the beef and it literally dissolved when the fork touched it, and the Haggis starter was to die for.

There is even complimentary tea and coffee in the reception for guests as they arrive or leave.

I have not had a chance to use the free spa and pool as yet, but this will be getting sampled on our next trip.

All in all, a very good hotel, highly recommended and somewhere where we will be returning to again and again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear daveandtracey2015

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. I am so pleased that both of your recent visits have been successful ones and I thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and my team. I really do hope that you will come back again soon and get a chance to relax in our Picture of Health Club. I hope you also used our new upgraded complimentary Wifi service which we completed on 22 June, offering a fast and stable WiFi service. Hopefully we will welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Stayed three days on a business trip, very friendly team who offered excellent hospitality in a lovely environment. Loved the excellent food and nice whisky in the bar.
If you are in the area give yourself a big treat and stay in this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AlistairGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Dear Rhys R

Thank you very much for your review of Keavil House. It was a pleasure looking after you during your business trip and thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel, my team and the food we served. I hope you also used our new upgraded complimentary Wifi service which we completed on 22 June, offering a fast and stable WiFi service. Hopefully we will welcome you back at some point in the future. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.