“All around great experience, great value.”

Comfort Inn Warrensburg Station
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Warrensburg
Prophetstown, IL
“All around great experience, great value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

Great hotel - especially for the price! Very clean all around - extremely friendly, helpful staff. Couldn't believe the low cost for the huge "King suite". Traveled with two other friends - and had plenty of space. The hot breakfasts provided were generous, tasty and had such a good selection - better than most I've had at other hotels. Would absolutely return to this particular hotel next time in the area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Festus, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2008

Being very familiar with Warrensburg, I knew the hotel selection for the past 20 years has been very slim. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this hotel is "new" to the area having been built the past five years. It is a charming hotel. Free popcorn when you walk in in the evening, and very spacious rooms. We actually got a suite with a jacuzzi for under $100. We had a very comfortable stay for two days. The decor is wonderful. The room had a great reclining chair that was very comfortable. The bed was great, although I did not care for the pillows. They were very soft and I prefer firm pillows. My wife didn't mind though. The bathroom was small, but it didn't bother us any. The staff was great. Ironically, I found that the college kids that manned the front desk were more polite than the older folks. We did complain about someone smoking on the third floor around midnight, but the front desk seemed unconcerned about it. Breakfast was acceptable, although it was very crowded and we ended up sharing out table with an older couple. For as big of a hotel as this is, it would have been nice to have a larger breakfast area.

You will not find a better place to stay in Warrensburg. I'm hoping that this location will not maintain it's nice status over the years. Hotels in Warrensburg, since there are so few, tend to get run-down because of the constant activity at the college. A lot of youth teams will be using these facilities, and unless the hotel is dedicated to maintenance, it will not stay so nice. But you really need to stay at this hotel because you won't find anything remotely as nice as this facility.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Kansas City North
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2007

This hotel is very clean, what is more important than that? We got the top floor suite with 2 queen beds, #313. We checked in on a Friday night and there was never any popcorn in the machine while we were there. The suite was huge! Gave us lots of room to spread out and relax. It had everything, table and chairs, microwave, fridge, recliner, and a sofa sleeper. The sofabed mattress is about 7 inches thick and would only sleep a child fairly comfortably. The pillows were small and too soft so your face just sinks in, we didn't like them. Mattress was comfortable, the sheets were not the highest thread count and I thought they were scratchy...but I am used to sleeping on jersey. The bathroom was very clean but the light switch is outside the room and it got extremely fogged up while showering, only one other mirror across the room to apply makeup. No conditioner available, so make sure to bring your own. The pool was super nice, a warm sunny room in the front of the hotel with plenty of tables and chairs where you can swim and relax. The hot tub was sparkling clean and piping hot. They were checking the pH and monitoring the temp while we were there. The breakfast was good but there was no meat and I don't care for boiled eggs. We had coffee, bananas, tiny muffins, biscuits with sausage gravy, cereal (froot loops) and apple or orange juice. There is a make-your-own belgian waffle thing, get batter in a cup and pour it in the griddle. I thought this hotel was a bit pricey, but would stay there again.

• Liked — CLEANLINESS, pool area, scenic view, great location, minutes from UCM, tons of restaurants within 1 mile
  • Disliked — pillows, sheets
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2007

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn while our daughter attended a camp at the Univ. of Central MO. We arrived after 10pm and a young lady checked us in. It had to be the fastest check-in I've ever experienced... had to have been under 2 minutes. She was good! We took the elevator to our room at 313 and opened the door to a GIGANTIC room with 2 queen beds, a pull out sofa, a desk, a bar area w/a mini fridge, microwave and sink. The room was simply HUGE! I SWEAR you could have parked our mini van in that room and had room to spare.

The bedding was nice and the bathroom was clean and seemed relatively new. It was probably a normal size bathroom, but coming from this HUGE room made it seem kinda small. Internet access worked well and the bag of microwave popcorn and bottled Coca Cola were a nice touch.

Breakfast had a nice variety of pastries, juices, waffles, cereals... and also had biscuits and gravy. We didn't use the pool which was located off the lobby, but it looked well-maintained.

In investigating the hotel floor plan it seems that the corner rooms are the HUGE ones. And for $99 (with AAA) it was a bargain.

If I HAD to be nit-picky, I'd say that the bathroom light being located OUTSIDE the bathroom on the wall is a bit awkward. It could be a problem for light sleepers if someone needs to use the bathroom in the middle of the night as the bathroom door faces the two beds.

It's easy to see why this hotel is #1 in the rankings!

• Liked — Efficient check-in and ENORMOUS room for the price
  • Disliked — Seating in breakfast area. They were hard and uncomfortable.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank MetroStLouisTraveler
Eldon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2007

Saw a good review on this hotel on Yahoo travel. It was too cute. We stayed here to have a base to get ready for Prom. We selected the two queen suite, what a room! My husband couldn't believe I only paid 89.00 for this room. It was huge. Everybody had a bed, there was six of us. They had a cute little glass bottle coke and bag of popcorn in the room waiting. It was much nicer than the Marriott I stayed in a couple of months ago. It's all done in railroad motiff. It served as a perfect background for picture taking. The pool is really nice. The free afternoon popcorn in the lobby, big kid candy bowls, and the free waffles for breakfast made it a place we will definately return to.

• Liked — the large room
  • Disliked — the front desk staff
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank lordsgift
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2006

My family and I stayed in Warrensburg this past weekend for my younger brother's graduation from UCM. When we pulled up my 3-yr-old daughter was so excited as the hotel was all decorated for Christmas. Inside, we found more decorations, mostly trains, all over the lobby. This excited her even more. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice and we checked in quickly. We arrived at the hotel after 8 pm, so we didn't have much time, but we promised our dtr that we'd come back to the lobby. They had several sitting areas, a TV, fresh popped popcorn and an area with toys (puzzles, games, etc).

Our room was very clean and extra bedding was already in the room for the pull out sofa. The sink and mirror were in the room (separate from the toilet and shower).

I used the wiereless internet access in the lobby and then the cat 5 cable required for the room and both worked great.

The next morning we ate breakfast back in the lobby. The had a nice assortment of pastries, bread for toast, waffles to make yourself, biscuits and gravy and fruit. It was all very good, and again the staff was friendly, helpful and quick to refill empty items.

We did not have time to use the pool, but it looked nice and clean, and the people in it looked like they were having fun.

• Liked — specail touches in the lobby, Christmas decorations
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank kb522
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2006

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. In fact, as soon as I checked in, they upgraded me to one of the large corner rooms (313)! The room was quiet and there was plenty of space to spread out. Each room contains a fridge and microwave. The best part was probably the in-room high speed internet. It wasn't wireless, but I had an ethernet cable so it was plug-and-play.

Location of the hotel is very good. An excellent restaurant, Players, is next door, and the hotel gave me a coupon for a free appetizer when I checked in.

The continental breakfast was awesome! I loved that you could make your own waffles. They had something for everyone.

I didn't use the pool but I did use the exercise room, which was perfectly acceptable.

The staff was super-friendly. The only complaint I have is that I was there for a week and they did not always replace the service items (coffee, cups, etc.) but that was just a small thing.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel or stay there myself on future trips to Warrensburg.

• Liked — Excellent accomodations, great value, delicious breakfast, very clean!
  • Disliked — The in-room amenities were not always replaced as they were used.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank whistlingdixiejr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Holiday Inn Express Warrensburg
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Americas Best Value Inn- Knob Noster
Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia

Been to Comfort Inn Warrensburg Station? Share your experiences!