“Best Beds so far”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Warrenton
Leesburg, Indiana
“Best Beds so far”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

So far this HI has been the only one whose bed didn't give me a backache. Clean and kept up. A good way to avoid having to stay in St. Louis. Breakfast was kept freshened up well. Workout room was decent and the elliptical machine worked well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Rodney H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your feed back. If there ever are problems at any Holiday Inn Express, please contact the General Manager while you are on property. They honestly want to keep each of our guests and a guest that loves our hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We are driving across the country and have been staying mostly in Holiday Inn Expresses. This one was okay. It was very clean and the breakfast was standard, BUT the pool was a disaster. I have 2 children that tolerate driving with the understanding that they can swim at night. The pool was way too chlorinated-my husband lasted less than 5 minutes before he became light-headed and had to leave. The kids and I stayed ~45 min before we couldn't take it anymore. They were very disappoint, and given the cost of the room, I was very frustrated. If a pool is important to you, check it out before booking the room--we have never encountered a pool so over-chlorinated.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank The_As_and_the_Bs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear The_As_and_the_Bs,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm so glad you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and our breakfast options. I'm deeply sorry for the experience you had with our pool facility. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ellsworth, Kansas
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I booked this hotel online with our AAA discount for our return trip home from vacation. The check in was easy, the room clean and comfortable. Internet worked well and we basically had the pool to ourselves. The breakfast was good and was what we've come to expect from our stays in various HI Express hotels. Overall, a great value! We'd gladly stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express prior to this stay and I altered all future travel plans during this road trip to stay at HIE after my stay at this hotel. The front desk staff (especially Christie) was so friendly and helpful and she exceeded my expectations and went out of her way too meet all of our needs. Check-in was a breeze, the room was a welcome relief after a long day of travel. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the hotel was very clean. Breakfast was delicious with many options to suit any kind of taste. The cinnamon buns were excellent! Would definitely recommend this hotel for it's convenient location, exceptionally clean and comfortable rooms, and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you. All of our staff try to make staying with us a great experience.
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The price was excellent, the hotel was clean, safe and nice.

• Stayed July 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I had reserved two rooms online, or so I thought! I did NOT hit the final "Confirm" button. My fault, entirely. Kelsey was super! She did everything possible to accommodate us! She succeeded. The rooms were equal to or better than the ones we wanted. Kelsey was not done. There was a truly obnoxious couple at the counter before we arrived. As we were checking in they came back to the front desk and doubled down on rudeness. Kelsey handled him with composure and grace. I would have encouraged him to go to a different hotel!

They also have a nice breakfast and fast Internet. Good place.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I've stayed at the hotel before. It's a very nice hotel but I only gave it a rating of three because they didn't have the room I booked when I arrived. I booked a smoking room one month in advance. I got my reservation email and conformation number for a smoking room. I arrived before 5 PM but when I got there they told me that the room I was assigned to was out for maintenance. I asked them to put me in another smoking room but they told me that all the other rooms were already occupied. I really didn't believe this since I was checking in early. If I stay there again I will call a day in advance to make sure they have the room I booked. Like I said, it is a nice hotel and they have evening snacks for priority club members.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank easiwin1948
Rodney H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Unfortunately this guest was correct, we did not have the room available he had requested in his reservation. What is in correct is we really did not have another smoking room available. We have 6 smoking rooms available and two of the rooms were taken out of service for unscheduled maintenance. We would have loved to give this guest the room requested and not had to take rooms out of inventory. However, mishaps happen from time to time and we have to deal with them in the best way with the least amount of inconvenience to our guest. On this occasion we had other guests staying in the 4 remaining smoking rooms and we were not able to accommodate this guest with his room request. However, these are the steps that we did take. The guest was traveling west on I-70, we were going to pay for one night stay at another property. The next best quality hotels were in Fulton and Columbia. None of those properties allow smoking. We inquired about Booneville, MO but that was 1.5 hours away and was not really an option for our guest. We tried the Baymont hotel here in Warrenton and after several attempts, they never answered their phone. The final resolution was to put the guest in an upgraded room with a private hot tub, on the ground floor near a door were the guest could easily go outside to smoke. We reduced the price of this room more than 60% off the rate for that night (22% percent) off the rate for which he booked the room he requested. It was and will always be our policy to accommodate our guest with the rooms they requested or do whatever we can to resolve the issue to the guest satisfaction. Again, unfortunately this was not a good situation. However we thought we were working with the guest to get the best possible resolution for him. Without guest satisfaction we cannot stay in business and we appreciate all of our guest and their needs. We will continue to strive to meet those needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
Cedar Creek
Cedar Creek
#1 of 1 in New Haven
Americas Best Value Inn New Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Express Warrenton? Share your experiences!