Americas Best Value Inn / Warrenton
US$78
Motel 70(High Hill)
Cedar Creek(New Haven)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstay there againcontinental breakfastroom was cleanworked finestaff was friendlyhotel roommini fridgenight's sleepsmelltvladylouisplugmilkmuffinswestbedding
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have stayed here 3 times now due to my husband's guard unit being right next door and recommendations from other soldiers. Modern decor doesn't matter to us. Here's what does matter: The first time we stayed I had trouble with the internet and mentioned it to the owners. The next time I called to make a reservation, they remembered who I was and made a point to tell me they upgraded their wireless routers. There's always hiccups with routers, but when I needed to work, the signal was strong and steady. That impressed me. Each time we have come, a little something has been added to make things better, such as a new refrigerator and a powder-fresh scent as soon as you walk in the door. It's ALWAYS clean. Even the desk chair is comfortable. What great customer service! When you treat others as you would want to be treated, customers will come back...and we will.

P.S. The only reason I gave a lower score for the bed is because it is a firmer mattress, and my back prefers a little softer. It is not lumpy, and we have had no trouble sleeping due to noise, etc.

Room Tip: If you need a strong wireless signal, tell the owners and they will put you in an appropriate room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sebbproctor
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was really nervous about booking this hotel but had to check it out for that price. The good news is, it's cheap and we only stayed one night.
Pros:
$40, are you kidding me!?
Very friendly staff.
They have breakfast.
Clean, for the age.
Free wifi.

Cons:
Breakfast was pretty sparse.
There was a really strong old building/hotel/smoke smell in the hall when we first opened the door. It was less overwhelming when we got into our rooms...either that or we just got used to it.
In serious need of some upgrades. Very old furnishings and those old floral beadspreads that give me blacklight nightmares.
The pool was old and closed.
Mattresses were old and lumpy.

Overall, it's fine if you just need a place to sleep and shower. Nothing fancy. Can't expect much for that price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have to agree with other reviewers...my family arrived late and I was very hesitant by the outside. It's a little creepy at night. Inside is old and dated but it is clean. Rooms are small but clean and we were just there to sleep. In late, out early. The staff were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank traveler7895
Reviewed 25 June 2012

As another reviewer stated, don't let the outside property frighten you off...once you get
inside you will be pleasantly surprised. It is an older place and the small pool wasn't open (didn't care so we didn't ask), but the room was clean and the price was right ($40?? Really?)?. The rooms are small but even with a king bed, there was room for 2 chairs and a desk (no closet). The bathrooms are REALLY small but REALLY clean so I could live with it. I'm 5'6" and had to lean back pretty far to get my hair wet in the shower. They do have handicap accessible rooms that state they have larger bathrooms, but I have no idea how big that is. Breakfast was ok (free). Muffins, fruit, juice, cereal, donuts. Definitely okay for free! One thing I might mention is the exterior lighting. I woke up at 1:30 in the morning thinking it was time to get up, it was so light outside. Then I realized that it was the exterior safety lighting that the blackout curtains were not blacking out! While I like the additional safety lighting, if you have to have complete darkness to sleep, you may have problems. We were on the south side of the building so maybe the north side is better? The only other thing I will mention is that the common areas (lobby, halls) were not air conditioned that day so it was pretty stuffy inside. The room A/C unit was already running and worked fine so the room itself was perfectly comfortable. Long story short: we will definitely go back if we need a place to stay that way for one or two nights.

Room Tip: The bathrooms in the regular rooms are really small. The handicap accessible rooms are advertised as having larger bathrooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Luker
Reviewed 31 May 2012

When we drove up at midnight, we were a little hesitant. The interior hall smelled like smoke, but the room was very clean with no smell. The hotel is older,the furnishings and decorations, outdated, but it is owned by a couple who genuinely care about the place. They couldn't be friendlier, plus it was pet friendly. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family